July 8, Backstage Magic Advice.

World of Color was being refurbished in May when I went. They had a reserved viewing area (standing) for us for the Paint the Night Parade in front of The Little Mermaid attraction. You can see the lighting of Cars Land on your own. This wasn't part of the group activities.

World of Color was being refurbished in May when I went. They had a reserved viewing area (standing) for us for the Paint the Night Parade in front of The Little Mermaid attraction. You can see the lighting of Cars Land on your own. This wasn't part of the group activities.
Just finished the tour this morning. Same as the post above, WOC was closed and we got paint the night by the Little Mermaid. Also had the media filming for Pixar Fest so might have gotten on video.

Just finished the tour this morning. Same as the post above, WOC was closed and we got paint the night by the Little Mermaid. Also had the media filming for Pixar Fest so might have gotten on video.

Very cool! Were they able to assist you guys in seeing the attractions on the pier?

They were not able to since it was not open yet. We did purchase tickets to the the premiere party tonight and are in the park waiting for it.

They were not able to since it was not open yet. We did purchase tickets to the the premiere party tonight and are in the park waiting for it.

Oh you're right - for some reason I thought it was today not tomorrow! Whoops... :tilt:

@jdm We are on the July 8 tour and was wondering about Fantasmic as well as paint the night. Did you do both of these as well as the fireworks?

Thanks for checking in and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Something I just thought of because of the MaxPass question... This being our fist ABD I have no idea how photos work. Do the guides take photos and then get them to you? What about photo pass?

This being our fist ABD I have no idea how photos work. Do the guides take photos and then get them to you? What about photo pass?
The guides will be taking photos at all the stops throughout the Adventure. At the end you'll get a link to a website that will have all the pictures the guides took on your trip. If you want photo pass as well that is a separate thing, not included in the BSM package.

I called ABD today to confirm that my son's food allergies were listed on our reservation. During the conversation, I asked how many people were on the July 8 Adventure. Currently there are 38 people in our group and of the 38, 12 are teenagers.

I was mentally prepared for no World of Color since the news coming out wasn't sounding good. I'm sure there will be something good in it's place!

Can't wait!!

Amping up the excitement with each passing day, and trying to finalize pre and post stay activities. With WOC, off the table, I feel very confident that reserved viewing areas for the remaining nighttime shows will be included during our adventure.

I have dining packages booked for both PTN, and F! Assuming all three will be included in our adventure, if you had to choose one of them to do a second time, which would you pick?

PTN would be my choice. I’m not sure how it works in DL but the dining package seats for F at WDW aren’t in the best location. They’re off to one side that makes it hard to get a full view of the show, especially during the last few minutes when you really want that great head-on view.

We are also on the July 8th trip. I hope we get to do Fantasmic and Paint the Night since WOC will be down. I'm happy to learn there will be 12 teens on our trip. Our dd is 14 . Looking forward to meeting everyone. See ya real soon!

PTN would be my choice. I’m not sure how it works in DL but the dining package seats for F at WDW aren’t in the best location. They’re off to one side that makes it hard to get a full view of the show, especially during the last few minutes when you really want that great head-on view.
Sorry to jump on this thread. The seating area for F! at DL is up front and center, sitting on the ground. If you do first F! than it is assigned area by restaurant, and second F! is an open area regardless of restaurant. If you do the Blue Bayou F! package, you receive a cushion to sit on (and keep) and the seating area has a direct view of everything.

@RedM94 @megh315 and @AnnMarie3 It's so soon!! Today is my errand day and then packing tomorrow. We leave Sunday (Some of you may already be there now!). We fly from the east coast and our flight leaves just after 6am east coast time so Sunday is going to be one looooong day for us. I can't wait to meet everyone.

For those who have been on this trip, anything I should pack that I might not think of?

@RedM94 @megh315 and @AnnMarie3 It's so soon!! Today is my errand day and then packing tomorrow. We leave Sunday (Some of you may already be there now!). We fly from the east coast and our flight leaves just after 6am east coast time so Sunday is going to be one looooong day for us. I can't wait to meet everyone.

For those who have been on this trip, anything I should pack that I might not think of?

Pack your swimsuits. We actually used some of the break time to use to pools at the Loew's and the great pool at the Grand. At both places it was a fairly large part of the group so it was more time hanging out with our fellow traveler's. This trip is very go,go, go so a couple of rest breaks were much needed. Weather looks like it will be pretty warm for you guys next week so the pool breaks likely will be needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter