***July check in 2020*** (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! We don’t really know what the world will look like in a few months but until we know different we are still looking to go to Disneyland in July!!! Praying everything is back to normal by then but knowing we have no idea!!! We are going July 29-30 and staying at Desert inn & Suites (this will be our 4th stay in a row). We plan on a few off days, maybe a Sea World and a beach day. Who else is “planning” on a July trip?

biochemgirl June 30- July 4 ??????????????
jcatron243 July 1-6 GCH
Winnowill July 2-7 Peacock Inn & Suites
Funtimeswithteenagers July 6010 DI&S or PPH
stevevm July 10-15 GCV
lozzypop July 11-18 ?????????????
coloredimage July 12-16 FFI
jperiod July 13-15 ****************** (maybe 21-26) ???????????
hulamom July 13-17 ???????
gld2pan July 13-17 GCH
Capitalangel July 13-18 GCH
Mamato4boys July 14-18 ?????????????
ah10is July 15-18 BWPPI
nursemelis374 July 15-18 ????????
taaren July 19-21 VGC
DesertScorpion July 19-24 GCH
katepass72 July 19-25 PP/DLH
Bossy22 July 20-30 DI&S
CaliforniaGirl09 July 21-24 VGC
ontwofronts July 22-? ????????????????
Ellek07 July 24-30 DLH
mrsw94 July 26-Aug 1 BWPPI or DI&S
ajrwdwgirl July 27-30 BWPPI
VegastoDis July 27-30 ????????

pepperandchips mid July ????????????????

DLR Update 5/05/20:
A Message about Disney Parks from Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel

DLR Update 5/08/20:
Update on Disneyland Resort Operations
Learn about this closure and how it may affect your reservations, tickets and plans.
disneyland.disney.go.com
disneyland.disney.go.com
Update on Disneyland Resort Operations

Last Updated: May 8, 2020
While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain The Walt Disney Company’s top priority. In line with direction from health experts and government officials, the Disneyland Resort theme parks, hotels and the Downtown Disney District are currently closed and a reopening date has not been identified. We will continue to carefully evaluate this complex and fluid situation.
Upon reopening, Disneyland Resort theme parks, hotels, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or closure based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing. Furthermore, attractions, experiences, services and amenities may be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. Please also see our policies regarding modifications and cancellations by Guests.
Our focus remains on the health and safety of the entire Disney community—including the well-being of the Cast Members who are caring for and securing our parks and Resorts during the closure. We’re currently evaluating new and enhanced safety measures to help us all stay well. Learn more about these measures.
Below, you’ll find information on impacts to current and upcoming plans. Please continue to check back for additional updates.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
For Guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for travel dates July 1, 2020 and later. As always, Guests are able to modify these bookings if the Disneyland Resort opens before or after that time. Please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company for questions and modifications at (714) 520-5050.
We anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate our Guests’ patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am meeting a friend in LA for a girls trip in July. It's an LA/Santa Barbara trip, she is not a Disney fan or a theme park fan however she offered to spend one day there. I know she would be miserable and I would be trying to show her some fun so I decided to fly in a couple days early so I could get my Disney fix. I plan to be here the 27-30 at the BW Park Place. I am also planning to take a quick side trip to the Bowers Museum to see the Disney Archives exhibit.

We are going July 10-15 and staying at Disney's Grand Californian Villas on the DVC side. We are then flying to Hawaii to Stay at Aulani for July 15-21. This will be our first trip to California and Hawaii

We’re due to arrive 22nd July, coming from the U.K. for a week. we booked last September and have been eagerly looking forward to our first West Coast trip, we’ve done WDW four times and DLP probably a dozen or so.

I’m not optimistic right now, if we get to go it’ll be a bonus.

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to go in July! I moved our April trip earlier this week. I'll be in Southern CA July 11-19, but we'll be staying at the Fairfield July 12-16 and spending 3 days at Disneyland.

I'm planning a very quick July 15 - 18 1st trip to Disneyland and going solo too! Flying from Maine arriving at LAX at 11:30am on the 15th and flying out of Long Beach at 9pm on the 18th! I'm booked at Best Western Park Place Inn....though I'm watching to see if any amazing deals for the Disneyland Resorts come out. I've got a Canadian Resident 4 Day Park hopper ticket with Maxpass. Everything that is booked is refundable at least....except the park tickets....but they extended those to May 31, 2021.

My fingers are crossed that this will all be over by then and safe to travel! Good luck to all those that are planning and I hope to see you there!

We are hoping to go, our days in the park are July 13-17. I just don’t know...we are holding this vacation very loosely, and feel we may have to postpone until next summer. We bought our tickets last fall from GAT, so we would just end up paying an extra $135 to extend the tickets a year. Certainly there are bigger worries about what is happening in our world. We’ll just have to wait and see.

We rescheduled our April trip to mid July - I’m joining in here to wait and watch with everyone else. Crossing my fingers.

So what do you guys all love about summer at DL? My family drives from Canada so driving through summer is a lot of fun!!! No snow storms!!! We have done 7 family trips so far, about once every 1.5 years. This year it will be 2.5 years so really hoping to get it in. We are driving with 7 of us in a van (me, Disney wife, 3 girls ages 5, 9, 10 and my MIL and FIL. Its a 23 hour drive so summer is much more enjoyable for the drive. As a teacher we only have so many times a year we can go. We have went in November (loved the Christmas decorations without huge crowds), went in spring break (never again, soooooo crowded) and the rest have been in summer.
We love
a.) long hours!!! We love starting really early (opening) as we are early risers and we get the most done in the morning. A little nervous how boarding groups have changed things. Was hoping they would be done by summer but who knows now.
b.) California heat - we love the nice summers. We hydrate lots (thanks to water bottle filling stations) and we spend afternoons in show and buildings when we can.
c.) Everything open. traditionally summer has very little in terms of refurbs!!! This is always a plus!!!
d.) TIME!!! As a teacher we have time to drive down, staying at a hotel on the way. Spending 10 nights in anaheim doing lots of fun stuff and driving up the coast playing at the beaches as we go!!! Its a win win!!!
So, what makes summer so appealing to you?

We have July 13-15 and July 21-26 (tentatively) planned. Our Flex passes originally expire July 12th, so banking on an extension of the expiration! We were really sad to miss the opening of AC on the 18th, but the virus might be a blessing in disguise! ;) If our passes are extended longer, we might move the second trip into August in favor of lighter crowds.

So what do you guys all love about summer at DL? My family drives from Canada so driving through summer is a lot of fun!!! No snow storms!!! We have done 7 family trips so far, about once every 1.5 years. This year it will be 2.5 years so really hoping to get it in. We are driving with 7 of us in a van (me, Disney wife, 3 girls ages 5, 9, 10 and my MIL and FIL. Its a 23 hour drive so summer is much more enjoyable for the drive. As a teacher we only have so many times a year we can go. We have went in November (loved the Christmas decorations without huge crowds), went in spring break (never again, soooooo crowded) and the rest have been in summer.
We love
a.) long hours!!! We love starting really early (opening) as we are early risers and we get the most done in the morning. A little nervous how boarding groups have changed things. Was hoping they would be done by summer but who knows now.
b.) California heat - we love the nice summers. We hydrate lots (thanks to water bottle filling stations) and we spend afternoons in show and buildings when we can.
c.) Everything open. traditionally summer has very little in terms of refurbs!!! This is always a plus!!!
d.) TIME!!! As a teacher we have time to drive down, staying at a hotel on the way. Spending 10 nights in anaheim doing lots of fun stuff and driving up the coast playing at the beaches as we go!!! Its a win win!!!
What an uplifting post! My husband is a teacher so we are limited on our vacation times as well. We are really looking forward to a summer visit so we can take advantage of the hotel pool on our “off” days. I hadn’t even thought about the longer park hours but that’s a great perk too. We are from Georgia and find the weather so much milder in California since there’s not oppressive humidity in the summer like there is here!

My brother and I are suppose to be there July 19 - July 22. We have reservations at Desert Inn and Suites.

We love

I'm also a teacher, so my time is definitely limited outside of the summer. I like how hot it is during the day, but not super humid (at least not as bad as it is around here in the summer) but it can be cooler at night. The last two times I've been to Anaheim in the summer I've worn a lightweight sweatshirt occasionally at night and I think this time around I'll be bringing a jean jacket (to be fair to me, my body does not regulate itself well so anything below like 65 and I'm cold lol), and it just feels like one of those nostalgic summer nights.

From the DLR Closure Superthread, details on the DLR hotels special offer for those rescheduling trips:

I saw on one of the bloggers Instagram stories (Disney Food Blog) that the Disneyland offer for people rescheduling is:

“Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, these select guests will be able to book a special Disneyland Resort offer for most arrival dates from June 1st through December 31st, 2020. The Cast Member we spoke with said the offer will apply to weekdays, Sunday through Thursday. Eligible guests will receive up to 10% off at Paradise Pier for a Premium Room. Guests booking at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel can receive 15% off a standard room or 20% off a premium room!”

ETA: here’s the link https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...rivate-offer-for-guests-affected-by-closures/

I just rescheduled our May trip to July 13-18 staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I am surprising my 9 and 6 year old. We have never been to Disneyland and are also going to be taking three days pre-Disney to see the Space Shuttle, Santa Monica Pier, and maybe Griffith Park. Anyone have other suggestions of “must see” around the LA area while we have a car ( will be dropping it off for the DLR part of the trip)

We will be there July 18-24, staying at BWPPI. I bought our 4-day PH tickets before the price increase, and we're planning to get MaxPass every day that it makes sense to do so. We're also planning to surprise our boys by renting a Tesla and taking a day to drive to the beach. This way they can put their feet in the Pacific Ocean :)

We are WDW veterans, we only live about an hour away and go whenever we can. It's been fun for me to research how to best "do" Disneyland, since I know it's a very different kind of vacation. This will be the first flights for our kiddos, so a lot of firsts for us!

It will be weird to stay offsite, even though we know it's not the same as being offsite at WDW. We're used to parking at the resort and using Disney transportation (our fave being the Skyliner these days). However, I'm excited about being able to walk between the 2 parks and back to our resort easily.

I have faith that the July trips will be happening and we'll be in the Happiest Place on Earth soon enough :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!