***July check in 2020*** (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
List updated 4/20/20. Please let the OP know if you were missed or if there are additions to your information.

@Bossy22 : How are you doing? Are you keeping up with this thread?

Well, we have big hopes for July 26-Aug 1st. We originally were supposed to do Universal Studios over Spring Break and then Disney this summer to celebrate DD's High School Graduation. Since we already have the Universal Tickets (Gift from the grandparents) we have to decide if it will be a combo trip, or if we can still squeeze out 2 trips, but it's doubtful.
She's already had Graduation cancelled along with her last Summer Camp, so we are really hoping to make the trip work.
Hotel DBD. Currently have a reservation at BWPPI and DI&S, but probably need to change if we are doing Universal as well.
So many decisions!
If things aren't open by then, we'll shoot for Christmas.

Just cancelled our June trip (was originally March) and rescheduled to July 13-17. That would be our last opportunity to go this summer. If we can't go in the summer, we will probably wait until Feb or April school breaks.

Just cancelled our June trip (was originally March) and rescheduled to July 13-17. That would be our last opportunity to go this summer. If we can't go in the summer, we will probably wait until Feb or April school breaks.
You're on the list! Do you have a hotel booked?

We are booked for July 21-24 at the VGC. I was hoping it might happen, but not feeling good about it after Governor Newsom's latest announcements. I have to cancel mid-June to be able to bank my points so I'll be watching developments closely. If they limit to hotel guests, I may be willing to go, but otherwise, I'm thinking we probably won't.

I am so sad we are no longer on July’s list. It will be four years from our last trip if we go in July 2021. That is the longest time we’ve been absent from DL since we started bringing the kids when they were little. Sigh. I miss you, DL!!

Yup, speaking from experience, I agree with this completely. Of course, this will probably be deleted for being off topic.
I am so sad we are no longer on July’s list. It will be four years from our last trip if we go in July 2021. That is the longest time we’ve been absent from DL since we started bringing the kids when they were little. Sigh. I miss you, DL!!
So sorry that this trip did not work out. Four years is a long time, so I really hope that your next trip works out and that everything goes smoothly with your planning!

Same for us - WDW vets, first time for all of us to DL, out dates are just one day off from yours. Keeping my fingers crossed!
We're set to do a split stay - half at PP and half at DL Hotel. Thinking I'm just going to wait it out until Disney cancels, but will more than likely not be able to re-book until May 2021 ;(. Might have to make a short WDW trip this winter to make myself feel better :bitelip:

Well, we weren't on this list very long. I just can't risk my Girl Scout troop's money on a maybe. The girls have worked WAY too hard to lose a deposit on plane tickets. :sad:

It's official. Our May trip has been cancelled. So we're planning on 7/2-7/7, probably staying at the Peacock Inn & Suites.

List updated (5/07/20).

It appears we need a volunteer to host this thread -- someone who can commit until the end of July. Anyone interested? Let me know!

So our plan is to move our trip to July 1-6 or to cancel all together. We possibly can do an august trip but but both my kids are involved in marching band and August is usually reserved for band.

For those whose planned arrival date is before 7/01/20:

DLR Update 5/08/20:
Update on Disneyland Resort Operations
Learn about this closure and how it may affect your reservations, tickets and plans.
disneyland.disney.go.com
disneyland.disney.go.com
Update on Disneyland Resort Operations

Last Updated: May 8, 2020
While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain The Walt Disney Company’s top priority. In line with direction from health experts and government officials, the Disneyland Resort theme parks, hotels and the Downtown Disney District are currently closed and a reopening date has not been identified. We will continue to carefully evaluate this complex and fluid situation.
Upon reopening, Disneyland Resort theme parks, hotels, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or closure based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing. Furthermore, attractions, experiences, services and amenities may be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. Please also see our policies regarding modifications and cancellations by Guests.
Our focus remains on the health and safety of the entire Disney community—including the well-being of the Cast Members who are caring for and securing our parks and Resorts during the closure. We’re currently evaluating new and enhanced safety measures to help us all stay well. Learn more about these measures.
Below, you’ll find information on impacts to current and upcoming plans. Please continue to check back for additional updates.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
For Guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for travel dates July 1, 2020 and later. As always, Guests are able to modify these bookings if the Disneyland Resort opens before or after that time. Please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company for questions and modifications at (714) 520-5050.
We anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate our Guests’ patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter