July solo trip!

Max Jolicoeur

Earning My Ears
For the first time in my life, I'm going to travel solo! I was just browsing for flights and came across this amazing deal and bought it on the spot. After that, I quickly went on the disney go website and booked my hotel, park tickets and fast passes! I'll be in Disney World from July 19-July 26.

This is my first solo trip and I have some concerns. First of all, I'm Canadian so I will have to pass customs. A 19 year old guy going across the border saying he's going to Disney alone might sound a little shady. Also, I will be staying at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. At first, I just thought I had found a great deal but after doing a little bit of research I noticed that half of the hotel is either destroyed or closed. But hey, I'll be in Disney!

I'm looking forward to going, yes, a little nervous but Disney's like a second home for me! 19 days to go!

Customs will ask if you are visiting for personal or business. Just tell them you are on vacation, and show your return air ticket if needed. They don't care about your plans as long as you follow the law.

You have to give immigration the address where you are staying, just be honest with them. Say you are a big Disney fan and none of your friends/family wanted to go. You will have a great time! I travel solo all the time, not just to WDW, and always have great experiences.

For the first time in my life, I'm going to travel solo! I was just browsing for flights and came across this amazing deal and bought it on the spot. After that, I quickly went on the disney go website and booked my hotel, park tickets and fast passes! I'll be in Disney World from July 19-July 26.

This is my first solo trip and I have some concerns. First of all, I'm Canadian so I will have to pass customs. A 19 year old guy going across the border saying he's going to Disney alone might sound a little shady. Also, I will be staying at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. At first, I just thought I had found a great deal but after doing a little bit of research I noticed that half of the hotel is either destroyed or closed. But hey, I'll be in Disney!

I'm looking forward to going, yes, a little nervous but Disney's like a second home for me! 19 days to go!
Have fun! pixiedust:

You have to give immigration the address where you are staying, just be honest with them. Say you are a big Disney fan and none of your friends/family wanted to go. You will have a great time! I travel solo all the time, not just to WDW, and always have great experiences.

Forgot about that.

I just booked my first solo trip July 25-29! Found a deal at CBR that was too good to pass up. Yes, it's under construction, but it'll be ok. Have fun!! :mickeyjum

It'll be ok! Coronado is under construction too, but I told them as long as the pool is open I don't care. :D Disney is pretty good about making sure construction doesn't affect too much of the guest experience!

I did a solo trip (from Canada) in January. I had the same concerns with Customs as you have. I passed through customs in Ottawa and had no issues. Asked my plans and if it was business or personal. Told him the plans and walked on through.
My other concern was dining myself. I found that not to be an issue either. Everyone was very friendly and I'd do another solo trip in an instant.

A 19 year old guy going across the border saying he's going to Disney alone might sound a little shady.
Is it true that customs is concerned when someone travels to Disney alone? Are solo, male Disney travelers from Canada a high risk?

I'll be there solo july 24th to 27th! always up for meeting DISers, so just let me know if either of you guys want to :)

Hope it went well, I'm from the UK and never normally get asked any question when I come to the US.
BTW I will be solo in the parks from 23rd July - August 1st if anyone is around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter