Jumping Joyfully into June's WISH Journey

View attachment 410571
You reminded me of class I had a few years ago that was a real challenge. Just a lot of different behaviors mixed together that all fed off of one another and were really hard to manage. Ever teacher that interacted with my class that year would turn to me and say "I don't know how you do it." To be honest, my response was always "I don't know either." In the mist of that year, I really kept doubting myself as a teacher. I starting thinking that teaching wasn't for me. I really started to believe all these negative comments made about my class were about me as a teacher. When you make a comment about my class, I feel like it's a reflection of who I am as a teacher. However, I started printing out things that make me happy. I found Disney quotes about happiness and perseverance and hard work and dreams. I printed them out and hung them up at my desk. And it actually started to work. I found the energy to keep trying new strategies with kids. I found a way to be even more entertaining to keep their attention. And I definitely still had those negative thoughts enter my mind. The difference was that I was squashing them with positive ones too. @Oneanne, you make a great point in that these Thankful Thursdays are something to be thankful for. Even was faced with hardships and negativity, we all can find something to be thankful for. And it's in those darkest moments that we need the positive thoughts the most!
MickeyMom76, I love your story! I remember several classes leaving my library over the years and saying that exact same thing to their teacher! But they were able to do their job and teach these kids because they focused on what they could do-not what they couldn’t. And a positive attitude was key-I never heard them really complaining. I admired them-and you!-more than I can say.

Yes, my daughter is an elementary school librarian in a K-2 building and her husband is a HS school guidance counselor. By this time of year they are ready to recharge-although my son in law works two weeks over the summer, we all know a building without kids is a different thing!

View attachment 410571
You reminded me of class I had a few years ago that was a real challenge. Just a lot of different behaviors mixed together that all fed off of one another and were really hard to manage. Ever teacher that interacted with my class that year would turn to me and say "I don't know how you do it." To be honest, my response was always "I don't know either." In the mist of that year, I really kept doubting myself as a teacher. I starting thinking that teaching wasn't for me. I really started to believe all these negative comments made about my class were about me as a teacher. When you make a comment about my class, I feel like it's a reflection of who I am as a teacher. However, I started printing out things that make me happy. I found Disney quotes about happiness and perseverance and hard work and dreams. I printed them out and hung them up at my desk. And it actually started to work. I found the energy to keep trying new strategies with kids. I found a way to be even more entertaining to keep their attention. And I definitely still had those negative thoughts enter my mind. The difference was that I was squashing them with positive ones too. @Oneanne, you make a great point in that these Thankful Thursdays are something to be thankful for. Even was faced with hardships and negativity, we all can find something to be thankful for. And it's in those darkest moments that we need the positive thoughts the most!
Thanks for sharing this!

Some totally random thoughts to wrap up the week:

Coming off of vacation, I had planned to make this an awesome food week but somehow that never materialized... my eating has been very off balance with very little protein, so I need to course correct asap. I have been good about limiting lectin intake, and have continued to read up and learn more. Seems it is in just about everything, so it's really a matter of finding my tolerance level.

I managed to get the front lawn mowed last night... well done me. I need to get the edges along the walkway and around garden bed cleaned up this weekend. No more walking past and feeling badly about being so far behind on upkeep, I just need to get it done.

And I need to do some deep cleaning/clearing in the house as well, because it feels so cluttered and full. I got a book called 'A Year to Clear' and will start that year this weekend... it's about spacial and spiritual clearing, and I can use a good dose of both. My longing for clean/clear is so strong that I'm even contemplating painting the living room walls white... ugh... I just painted them grey about six months ago, but now that feels like so much color.

I'm also going to get in a good walk in the local park... and may go see Toy Story 4, as it's playing at the local theater.

My Thankful Thursday is a day late, but she was worth waiting for - my cousin has a new baby girl!! :cloud9:

(Sorry I don't have pictures, and yes, that's why my aunt was staying with us. - I didn't want to mention it until I knew everything was going to be OK, but everyone is good. :) )

MickeyMom76, I love your story! I remember several classes leaving my library over the years and saying that exact same thing to their teacher! But they were able to do their job and teach these kids because they focused on what they could do-not what they couldn’t. And a positive attitude was key-I never heard them really complaining. I admired them-and you!-more than I can say.

Yes, my daughter is an elementary school librarian in a K-2 building and her husband is a HS school guidance counselor. By this time of year they are ready to recharge-although my son in law works two weeks over the summer, we all know a building without kids is a different thing!

I have so much respect for teachers sometimes the classroom is very challenging. As part of my job I work with teachers a lot to understand challenging behaviours, disability and ways to differentiate - I have found that teacher perspective and approach is always the biggest key. Good for you for finding ways to increase your positivity focus as otherwise everyday would be very hard to face in those situations. Enjoy you summer break you deserve I.

DD is still doing great. She went with me to take DS to karate last night. She still has a little bit of pain in her stomach but her foot is not hurting much at all. I am back at work today and I do have to work tomorrow. But the weekend should be good.

So happy to hear she is doing so well. Enjoy your weekend.

So I started my Saturday morning a little lazy in bed reading a book. Then whilst cooking breakfast DS15 runs down at 9.55 looking for his work uniform say he started in 5 minutes! I had forgotten and he didn't set an alarm to wake himself. lol We got him there at 10.01 lucky we are not far. Then DD15 and I had breakfast and went to shoot some more pics for her school assignment so again she gets credit for getting me up and active today so far. We went to a small local waterfall - so a hike through the bush with lots of leg workout! Here is a pic I snapped on my phone while we were there.

I cannot work out how to rotate it ... so lay on your side to enjoy lol

Oh and a belated woohoo for me is that yesterday I got tickets to see Elton John when he comes here on tour early next year.

I wasn't able to rotate Pink pictures either. is it as hard to get tickets everywhere? Pink was sold out in seconds! We love going to live music events but tickets are so hard to get. I was lucky with pre sale code for pink but lost on few others this year (bon jovi, foo fighters!)

Poaching some lemon chicken as I type. Busy few days but no plans for today so I will be able to organise myself.

Chat later. Hope you all having a good weekend

@piglet1979 thanks for the update on your daughter, I was thinking about you & her.

I am going to change my working form home days for the summer. I find the last two days hard to manage, as it's end of the week, no food is left home, tired etc. Currently I work from home Monday and Friday but I think I am going to change it to Tuesday and Friday.

Plus, our place will be back on the market again. I am not looking forward for that to be honest, but hopefully we will have our forever home in the end of this story. I like our place but there just isn't enough space for us.

If you can work two days a week from home, which days would you choose?

I wasn't able to rotate Pink pictures either. is it as hard to get tickets everywhere? Pink was sold out in seconds! We love going to live music events but tickets are so hard to get. I was lucky with pre sale code for pink but lost on few others this year (bon jovi, foo fighters!)

Yes, tickets go pretty quickly here too, especially the cheaper tickets. Some of the experience/packages to concerts these days are astronomical! In Australia P!nk tickets are IMHO kept within an acceptable price range - her tickets go sooo quickly here. When we are trying for her we typically start at the pre-sales and work our way through to the general public sales if we have to. Also, we sometimes have a couple of us on different computers we have each other on speaker phone so we co-ordinate who has been the first to get the tickets and who has the better options - it is like a high level mission sometimes lol - but so worth it when we get there. Just last week for Elton John tickets here on the coast tickets were ranging in price from $139 right up to over $1k. 2 of us had a limit of $250 we were prepared to spend another friend only wanted to go to $200. So there were 2 of us trying to buy online whilst on the phone to each other - I initially tried for 5 tickets in $139 could not get, then tried for 5 in $170 also could not get. These sections went to single tickets, then allocation exhausted within seconds also. As 2 of us were prepared to go to $250 for a seat - they lasted a little longer and we were able to get even after trying for those other tickets first. Then for my other friend I was able to get her $199 tickets but hers are standing/sitting on a hill.

Plus, our place will be back on the market again. I am not looking forward for that to be honest, but hopefully we will have our forever home in the end of this story. I like our place but there just isn't enough space for us.

I hope you get a buyer and are able to move soon.

If you can work two days a week from home, which days would you choose?

This is tricky - Are there specific days that are better for you to be in the office? Or are there better days that works around your son's activities/school? Are there days where the commute is easier when you go to the office? I think Monday could be a good day to be at home - help to ease into the work week.. If possible I think the 2 days would be better consecutively, maybe then it would feel like a 'shorter week' with only 3 days at the office/commuting.

I made a start on building up some 'freezer ready meals' tonight - did an extra big batch of spaghetti bolognaise - the kids have theirs with spaghetti - I just have the sauce over zucchini these days. But happy to have a few different serving sizes and options in the freezer. Will think of something else to do in a few days. This will be good for a range of reasons DS18 is home more through the day now that he is at University and he will easily go looking for junk food - so this might help reduce how many times he does that, smaller portions for the twins as after school snack options, for grab n go lunches for work and for those nights I don't feel like cooking!

I feel very tired since Pink concert. I am so used to be in bed with book by 9 and lights go off & sleep at 10! Also work is busy. Happy I have no big plans today but last few days didn't go by plan so I need to do better next week.

I chopped and stored in fridge containers
broccoli
baby corn
mangetout
red peppers
radishes
cucumber
shredded carrot and cabbage with chopped coriander (cilantro) lime zest and lime
shredded courgettes (zaccuni)
Shredded carrots
we also have bags of lettuce and baby tomatoes

I made
spanish omelelette
crustless quiche x 2 - one with bacon and mushrooms, one with tuna sweet peppers and onion
poached chicken
oven baked tomato rissoto
plain rice

the two quiches are for DH really, I probably won't be able to get much of it!
The rissoto will be 4 lunches for me with box of tomatoes and poached chicken - 4 days
all the veggies - it will make my life easier. I have cooked rice and can make healthy stir fried rice & chicken and veggies. I can make noodles/zoodles. I can add them to salad. I would never start grating carrots to add to salad- but when I have ready prepped I will add a bunch

I will have few hours chill out & browsing netflix and will do little more. My main goal for today is having good rest honestly, I need to go back to work feeling rested.

I think I am going to make red lentil and harrisa soup for afternoon snack too.

i have been buying the microwavable bags of baby potatoes. They are great! My son asked he is hungry. One bag of potatoes in the microwave - 8 minutes. Salmon in the pan. chopped cucumber from the prepped above. less than 8 minutes, 15 with the minimal clean up and healthy meal for him. He is sooooo fussy. He eats some healthy foods but so few.

Miraculously I am 1.2kg down first 10 days. I wasn't expecting it!

@4Mickeys sounds like here. Funny how we met on diet forum and you are so far from us but I often find myself thinking if you were near I would love to catch up as I find that you and your family like very similar things.

My boss is in office only two days and I want to be in one of the days he is in. Currently only Tuesday and Wednesday. My son wont be going to childcare anymore and I want to be home on homework night so not Friday. I need to think about it

I am thinking I will probably divide July to 3*10days

I have lunch and snack prepped and packed and tracked for 4 days ahead this week

I have enoght chopped vegetables for the week for dinner and pre packed measured bags of cherries for snack for the evening

I feel great starting the week

Motivation this week is lacking. So I am going to focus on making it as easy for myself to stay in the right direction. Simplifying my goals to one only calorie deficit daily. The prep went well so things should go well for me.

I made this recipe today - delicous! My chicken wasn't on skewers

https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/recipe/zesty-chicken-skewers-rice-salad/5cbf2cdd45b6610016facf07
I don't do weight watchers but I buy their magazine every month and always find good recipes. I upped the oil to table spoon as it's bit too low fat. My family eats same food I do, and I try to balance meals out to suit us all

This looks awesome. We are going to have to try it. I sent it to my husband already.

The weekend went really good. DD is doing so well. She is annoyed with her stomach where they took the fat to but in her ankle. She says it itches really bad. There is nothing we can do because there is a big water proof bandage over it but I just tell that it is a good because it is a sign that it is heeling. Still no real pain in her foot. She just can't put her leg fully straight because it hurts where her incision is at. We have started to ween her off of the meds. instead of taking both Tylenol and Ibuprofen at the same time we are alternating them. If today goes well we are just going to do the Ibuprofen and push back the time from every 4 hours to every 6. I think she will do fine. Last night DH and myself messed up who had the alarm set for midnight to give her the meds and she didn't get it until 2 and she was ok. She was waking up when I went in her room but she said it didn't hurt. Today she wants to call the dr to see if she can walk without the boot.

The weekend went really good. DD is doing so well. She is annoyed with her stomach where they took the fat to but in her ankle. She says it itches really bad. There is nothing we can do because there is a big water proof bandage over it but I just tell that it is a good because it is a sign that it is heeling. Still no real pain in her foot. She just can't put her leg fully straight because it hurts where her incision is at. We have started to ween her off of the meds. instead of taking both Tylenol and Ibuprofen at the same time we are alternating them. If today goes well we are just going to do the Ibuprofen and push back the time from every 4 hours to every 6. I think she will do fine. Last night DH and myself messed up who had the alarm set for midnight to give her the meds and she didn't get it until 2 and she was ok. She was waking up when I went in her room but she said it didn't hurt. Today she wants to call the dr to see if she can walk without the boot.
Great to hear her recovery is going so well!

Well, that was a good productive weekend... I actually managed to get all the chores completed that I was thinking about doing. The front yard/garden is looking much better and the flower boxes on the porch are all refreshed, after a lot of stuff dried out and died while I was on vacation. I picked stuff up around the house and generally de-cluttered, so it is feeling much better. I even moved several of my house plants in to larger pots, so they have room to grow.

My motivation this week is to continue to focus on happiness, but in addition to choosing to be happy, I've begun to think about the things that really bring me joy. This is one of the things that helped me to keep going getting the yard work done, because having a nice orderly healthy garden is one of the things that makes me happy, so I would do some work in one area, go do something else, come back and clean up another area, on and on until I'd gotten to where I planned to be. This morning leaving the house I stood on the porch for a moment and surveyed my kingdom, and it was good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter