Jumping Joyfully into June's WISH Journey

I am woohoo that I got up and walked to this morning. We need to get back int he habit. I won'y go with out DH because it is too early. I feel good too this morning. I always feel great after a walk in the am. Just really gets the day going. I am just not a morning person so it is not always easy.

am afraid to offer my hosting after failing so badly last time
Nonsense! - We know stuff happens. :hug:

If you just don't feel like it right now, it's certainly fine not to volunteer. - This is a no pressure gig, and someone will pick it up. But please don't feel anyone was upset with you!

(The upside, if you're nervous about trying again, is that it's only a week, not a month.)
I will take the last week of then next month if you are willing to give me another chance? :)

I agree with @PollyannaMom things happen we knew things were super crazy for you around that time. Would love to have you host the last week if you are up for it :)

Woo hoo Wednesday is here!
I know everyone has something to share-these last couple days you ladies are rocking it, so let’s begin..,

I am going to woohoo that I have PD in Brisbane tomorrow - not looking forward to the long drive in rainy weather - but I am really looking forward to this PD about Challenging Behaviour, the speaker travels out from America - not sure if those of you who are teachers has heard of Dr Ross Greene...

No veggie chopping - everything was ready in less than 20 minutes with very little effort involved. I will keep this going.

That sounds so good - the pre-prep time is definitely worth that simplicity on a week night.

I think I am over my year long mid life crisis.

I hope you are feeling better - and that your mid-life crisis was not too disrupting to your wellbeing :)

am woohoo that I got up and walked to this morning. We need to get back int he habit. I won'y go with out DH because it is too early. I feel good too this morning. I always feel great after a walk in the am. Just really gets the day going. I am just not a morning person so it is not always easy.

Good for you! I feel you about not being a morning person :)

Woohoo that MagicBands & Magical Express tags arrived and a Disney trip is in my very near future! I'm so excited!:mickeyjum
Woohoo that my kids' high school workout schedules are getting me up and active as well. This morning while they are at workouts, I am working on trimming bushes and weeding my flower gardens. This is a different kind of workout! So I took a little break...but need to get back out there.
Woohoo that my neighbor stopped by to pick up the kids and invited us to her pool afterwards. So that will be a nice way to cool off after a morning of garden work.
Woohoo that we have hosts for all of July! Thank you to everyone who offered to take a week in July. With the twins' birthday, beach vacation, our wedding anniversary and Disney all in July, I wasn't sure I'd be the best host. So I appreciate everyone who volunteered! I just joined this group in January (not sure how long you guys have been doing this), but I absolutely love it! You are all so wonderful!!!:love:

Isn’t selling your house up there stress wise with all those other life changing events? I hope you have the right buyer walk in soon and take some of that stress away. We are getting ready to sell our house in PA in the next year or so, and I am thinking we might rent an apartment near my daughter while we make up our minds and look for something smaller. If you don’t find a house right away, would that be an option for you?
And we would love seeing you host a week-your topics are always so interesting and thoughtful. And if it doesn’t work, send up the bat signal and we will pitch in! :grouphug:

I was soo hungry last night. I spend some time thinking if I am really hungry or not, and decided to eat more. I ate at maintenance level and it was the right choice for that day. It's complicated - tricking your body to feel satisfied with less calorie isn't it? I had so much veggies and fruit but my proteins were little low. What are your most filling recipes?

I am 1.2kg down for the first 12 days but honestly I feel bit disappointed. Half or more of that is just water weight. Last week after the pink concert I was tired for the week.

I will try for the next 5 days to focus mainly on calorie reduction. I may need to up my protein.

Whoohooo - I am well prepared for the week ahead, it's great to have so much prepped veg! Last night the guys asked for rice with chicken teriyaki, the rice was cooked, the veggies chopped. I was able to use babycorn, broccoli and shredded carrot. Veggies that my son will eat. I fancies some pasta, and had small portion (50g, uncooked) with tomatoes, peppers, olives, gherkin and very little pesto.No veggie chopping - everything was ready in less than 20 minutes with very little effort involved. I will keep this going.

Whoohoo - having the break away was incredible. I felt so confused, unwilling to look ahead and think positive and freaked out before we went away. Came back with clear picture about the direction I need to move. I think I am over my year long mid life crisis.

I will take the last week of then next month if you are willing to give me another chance? :)
I'll put you down for week 4!

Woohoo... another sunny but not hot day. We're having a lovely dry June, but they are already talking about water conservation, so I'm looking around for things I can do differently to help save.

I've been collecting new houseplants the last couple of months, I'm so happy they are trendy again. I haven't been able to find a Fig locally, so I took a chance and ordered one off of Amazon and it came yesterday. It's really nice and seems to be in good shape.

I've grown hyper-sensitive to wool, so I've tried picking up embroidery instead of knitting for a while. I got my box of embroidery threads out and there were two colors that were wrapped around these white plastic holders - a project I did in my 20's. That means I've had those colors for almost 40 years - yikes! That both makes me feel happy, and very, very old.

Last edited:
Isn’t selling your house up there stress wise with all those other life changing events? I hope you have the right buyer walk in soon and take some of that stress away. We are getting ready to sell our house in PA in the next year or so, and I am thinking we might rent an apartment near my daughter while we make up our minds and look for something smaller. If you don’t find a house right away, would that be an option for you?
And we would love seeing you host a week-your topics are always so interesting and thoughtful. And if it doesn’t work, send up the bat signal and we will pitch in! :grouphug:

It's next to impossible to find place to rent in Dublin. I know people looking for over 6 months adn checking in and out hotels and motels. There is actually bidding on rentals - as there is so much demand, people start offering well above asking. We are lucky and we will move with family. Lucky they have good size house on location that will work for us.

There is big lack of housing for both purchase and rental accomodation.

Last edited:
I’m thankful my cold is finally gone. I don’t get sick often, thank goodness, but I’m glad to feel normal again.

I’m thankful for the opportunity to spend time with my family next week.
My little guy is growing up so fast, and I am so grateful to be a part of his life.

Stolen form DH

Today I am grateful for today

Progress update - 1.9kg loss, or just over 4lbs. I am really struggling to stay around my calories and I would say part of that is I let go of watching my macros and I am not taking enough portent. I will change that for next week and potentially dinner time but right now I have the food made up for the rest of the week.

I went the scale today and it was not fun but at least I have picture of my starting point. 2kg goal for the rest of the month

I posted above when I came back form our vacation. With 4 days more to go, I feel I have good chance to hit my goal. I would need to review my menu at the end of the week, which is also last day of the month. My rissotto rice is so yummy but will be swapped for wholegrain plain rice and my chicken/protein portion will increase. My Spanish omelette - it's such easy snack to make more filling than snacky foods but I would add some chicken to it to up the protein.

I guess it is normal to be hungry when I have been eating good bit more and try to go back to normal portions too, but my food choices could improve to be more filling. My energy levels aren't where should be and battling hunger doesn't work long term.

What works is good food prep, adjusting plan and goal as long as the direction is right don't sweat the small stuff. I have been suffering with insomnia for years and I listened to the "take a break" podcast on the subject. Strange how I don't drink at all, and yet the advise from it helped. I used to wake up at 3 am every night unable to go back to sleep. She have some good tips on 3 am self talk. I manage to go back to sleep most night since I listened.

Last edited:
I am thankful that our building, where I work, put in a gym that is free to anyone that works in the building. I got my waiver turned in and yesterday my badge was activated. Yesterday I went for a walk in the am before work with DH and then went to the gym for my lunch and walked on the treadmill. I didn't walk fast as I did have a change of clothes with me but it was something for 45 minutes.

Today we got up and went for a walk and then I will workout at lunch again. I have decided that instead of going back to bed after our walk in the am I will just get ready for work and leave 30 minutes early so that I can take a hour lunch to work out. I think this is going to really work out.

As of yesterday I need to have an average of 109 active minutes to meet my goal for the month of 45 active minutes a day. When I saw this I thought there is no way I am going to hit this. Well yesterday with the AM walk, walking at lunch, I walked to my car after work and going to DS baseball game (I had to park farther away so that DD could walk on flat ground) I got 111. I feel like now I can still hit my goal.

I am thankful that yesterday I had most of the afternoon free of meetings and was able to really sink in to getting some work done. I have to keep telling myself that meetings and talking to people is "work", but sometimes I just need to be able to see something I've done, to have concrete proof of what I've accomplished.

I'm thankful for the extra long days this time of year, with sunset currently around 9:15pm, its like getting two days in one, particularly when its sunny.

Love this from half size me subscriber email

"
So I started to gained all the weight back... plus an additional 90 pounds. All this before hitting the age of 30.

But here’s the thing: I am so grateful for that experience.

It forced me to do the work again. I had to learn what I’d missed the first time. I had to get knocked around by life, so that I could become humble and more self-aware.

This experience also gave me the gift of understanding what others who struggled with their weight have gone through. I have lived this experience. There is no degree I could get at college that would give me the firsthand experience of understanding what it feels like to lose all the weight and then gain it back again, plus more.

That understanding can only be gained by going through the painful process of experience.

Unfortunately, many people see regaining the weight as a negative. But what if you saw it as a great learning opportunity?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!