Jumping up and down with JOY...

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
Got the email today that we passed ROFR now all we have to do is wait for the closing. Can't wait to book our first stay as owners at BCV our home resort. Was gonna buy direct but the savings was to good to pass up I have a Disney Visa and we always use the DxDP so it really isn't to much of a bother for us. my thing is I won't be able to use the lounge at Epcot for now not sure if it's worth anything though.

Welcome home neighbor!

I think the lounge is only so-so. The member events though can be amazing. We've done Pandora preview and AKV Moonlight magic this year. Both were stellar events. And AP discounts combined with rooms on points prepays most of our trips each year.

You can get perks with a 25 point add on and I believe it you buy with Disney Visa, 6 months interest free.

I don't think that'll be around for much longer but those benefits will likely be grandfathered. I'd strongly consider it.

You don't even have to get those 25 points at BCV (although I'd get same UY to keep both in same contract.) For example, if you got 25 AKV points direct, that'd allow you to bank/borrow and take advantage of value or concierge from time to time, and these are bookings that require home resort advantage there. Or maybe 25 Poly points for a long weekend at the Poly every third year. . .

The Epcot lounge was established as a marketing perk in empty floor space. As soon as Disney decides to use the space for something else or the current executive in charge of DVD/DVC moves on, the perks will change.

:earsboy: Bill

:love: YAY!!!! We just put in an offer on HHI and we are waiting for our ROFR to come through :eek: hair raising time period. We went to buy direct also but :eek: the price discrepancy was crazy. Even though HHI has higher maintenance fees :eek: still didn't make sense to buy direct. I will continue buy my annual pass and my tables in wonderland and still save. Congrats :cheer2:

The Epcot lounge opened two years ago. We haven't bothered to go yet. There are much better ways to spend time in Epcot (unless you really can't pass up free soda or desperately need to charge your phone). It also may close at any time. It was initially a 1 year thing that they "extended" through 2017, but there's no telling if it will be open in years to come. Don't lament over not being able to use the epcot member lounge.

Thank you everyone we are very excited. We do plan on adding on we are gonna try and add on at BCV hoping there won't be any problems Getting BCV direct. We sent offer in on Aug 31 got accepted on Aug 31 sent to ROFR on Sept 1st and got the email Sept 14th that we passed.

Welcome home! Count me as one who was very skeptical of timeshare schemes, but I can honestly say say that we have thoroughly enjoyed DVC.

Congrats. We all have our own lounge... It's called SAB and the mug stations and beaches and cream. Much better options and right next to the villas :)

We've walked by the epcot lounge many times, but never bothered to go in. It's just as convenient to walk back to the resort. To me, given the location of the lounge vs the resort, it's basically useless. I can see how others would like it though if your villa is a bus or monorail ride away...

I agree that the Epcot Lounge isn't something to feel you are missing out on. It's nice to see the inside of the pyramid (I barely remember being up there back in the 80's) but the lounge itself isn't too exciting. It's a nice perk and we enjoy it, but of the DVC perks, it isn't the best one.

Thinking about someone else being so Joyful about getting their DVC made me smile. Thanks for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter