June 2017...Who else will be there?

Going June 4-12 (8 nights), family of 5, just deciding on Family Suite at ASM or 1 bedroom at AKL. Thoughts??

Ha! Me! I bought tickets before the last price increase. I'm so excited and just love the planning part.

We haven't booked yet because vacation allotments won't be decided until Dec, but I've picked out our 5/31-6/8 split stay for POR 5 nights, and YC 4 nights...if we get a 2 week block like we're asking.

I have dining roughed in, park days and a loose itinerary for each day. And budget, but that's not the fun part.

Dang!!! What tools do you use to organize like that?

I'm really low-tech and use pen and paper. I printed out easywdw cheat sheet pages that match up with our rope drop style and am adapting them to what we like to do (i.e. no characters).
I have an old composition book that my kid barely used in school last year. I write out my ideas and pare it down until it's cohesive. I've found that my memory operates better when I write vs input data into spreadsheets and I want to have the plan in my head while touring. Like reading and imagination, I almost "live it" while writing out my plans. I'll be tweaking, of course, but it's fun!

I've read through easywdw's crowd calendars and touring plans. Though I have the days "assigned" it will be easy to switch them around to accommodate the recommended parks. We are restricting ourselves to 5 day PH (this is hard but we can add a day while there if we want) and 4 days of resort/DS/exploring. We'll probably have TS lunch in the parks and I pretend to book same day ADRs for where I think we'll be that time of day, which tells me how far in advance I need to make them (weirdly fun!). Dining is simpler for us because we don't care about characters or the hard-to-get options, although we're a family of 5 so some ADRs will be necessary. I just want to relax and enjoy some decent food, as well as try new places.

I've priced out various room categories and applied the historical discount data from mouse savers, which also tells you when to start looking for discounts. I do keep in mind rate increases and lower discounts. I played with stay dates/pricing until landing on the 10 day split with Fri/Sat nights at the Mod. This gave us a longer vacation, priced similarly to 7 days at a Deluxe, with more relaxed days built in to enjoy the resort pools and entertainment.
It's funny how where we're staying has a lot to do with what we'll be doing. For example, we're taking a break from the parks on Fri & Sat, avoiding the weekend crowds. Friday we'll hang out at Disney Springs in the morning and eat lunch, play at the pool when it's hot, and see Bob that evening, if he's there. Saturday we plan to sleep in and resort hop because my kids LOVE the monorail. We'll explore, snack, and eat dinner at a resort, Trail's End being the frontrunner.
While at YC we'll spend 3 evenings in EPCOT fitting in the lower priority stuff we didn't get to on our EP morning earlier in the week along with single-rider at TT, Soarin' at close, and WS. Our last full day is another resort day at SAB and exploring the area.

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. :drinking1:cool1::goodvibes

Booking CSR June 3-10 when I get home from work today!!! Haven't been to WDW in 10 years so it's like re-learning everything! We are a family of 4 with two teen boys, so I'll be looking at touring plans with no characters as well. I'm looking forward to a trip without strollers!!!

We've been booked since 11 months out but just switched from SSR to VWL 6/3-6/11. I've had a rough park/dining plan since we got back from our June 2016 trip. Now I need to finalize dining bc ADR day is just a little more than a month away!

We've been booked since 11 months out but just switched from SSR to VWL 6/3-6/11. I've had a rough park/dining plan since we got back from our June 2016 trip. Now I need to finalize dining bc ADR day is just a little more than a month away!

We are going the same dates! I have a rough plan too and am just waiting for a heads up on possible evening EMH in order to finalize before making our ADR's.

We are trying BC for the first time June 30-July 3 and then the Poly from the 3-8 for a total of 8 nights.

I use Disney dining calculator to help budget my trip.

Man, just checked Southwest and they are opening flights on December 6 but only to June 2 2017! We leave June 3. Don't they know it's not real until you book airfare :sad2:

I'll be on DCL in June. We May add a park day or just a resort stay (1-2 days) on property? We will decide the last part later on...

Either way: I'm psyched !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!