--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

77 days to go for our family! I'm trying to figure out basic plans--when/where to do our F! dining, our character meal, when to explore Paradise Pier, and how many times we can reasonably ride Indy and Pirates (my husband added that to the Most Important Plans list)... but mostly, figuring out the dining things to make reservations in 17 days :)

I'm semi-working on coordinating outfits. Hubs wants to match kiddo one day, so I need to order that shirt soon. Then I thought I would make him "match" me by wearing a Woody shirt when I disneybound as Mrs. Nesbitt. Day 3 is likely going to be "Best Grandma/Grandpa" shirts, with grandson's shirt saying "Best Day Ever" since we felt like the kids could be offended that someone wore a shirt that said they were the best grandson, even though the plan is to hand the shirt down for each kiddo, so everyone would wear it eventually--at 6 and 7, you just can't get that logic through them! I'm not decided on Day 4's outfit--likely going to try to talk kiddo into dressing like Mickey so that he will match my Minnie. Sad that Hubs won't do Mickey with me!

@limace above mentioned that we're just 2 months away, and --holy cow!-- it hadn't hit me that I'm just 2.5 months away, hahaha! I feel much less prepared somehow!

Middle school dance season is over, the grading period at Hub's work is coming to an end, I'm mere days away from getting my braces on, then a baby shower for a friend, then first grandson's birthday, fourth grandson's first birthday, my birthday, second grandson's birthday, son-in-law's birthday, then the end of school... So, hoping that will keep me busy and make the time go quicker--at least, quicker after I have our dining ressies!

66 days until we leave for Cali and 68 until Disneyland!

Has anyone heard anything more about WOC? I’m really hoping it’ll be back for our trip! It was one if things I’ve been most looking forward too!

I've been wondering about WOC too because it was on my to do list and I haven't seen anything about when it's going to be back. :guilty:

I did make one dining reservation and will probably make two more over the next couple of days. I'm excited but not quite ready to for our trip yet. I feel like I have a lot more planning left!

...Middle school dance season is over, the grading period at Hub's work is coming to an end, I'm mere days away from getting my braces on, then a baby shower for a friend, then first grandson's birthday, fourth grandson's first birthday, my birthday, second grandson's birthday, son-in-law's birthday, then the end of school... So, hoping that will keep me busy and make the time go quicker--at least, quicker after I have our dining ressies!

Wow, you have a lot of activities/celebrations coming up!:yay: I bet it will help make the time go by quickly!

We're 70 days from our trip and I'm with you on the dining reservations. I've spent a lot of time researching the various Fantasmic dining options, and I'm leaning towards the upgrade option at River Belle. I think it would be wonderful to enjoy a meal at an outside table and remain there for the show. The downside would be the view not being as good as sitting closer to the action, but the upside would be having a comfortable seat and more space!

Last September, my husband and I took a spur of the moment weekend trip to Disneyland- just us, no kids or grandkids!:) We got fastpasses for Fantasmic. We got to the area quite early, but still ended up about in the middle of the fastpass section. It was very crowded and not such a great view. I mean, the show itself was great, we but didn't like being packed in like sardines!

I've been wondering about WOC too because it was on my to do list and I haven't seen anything about when it's going to be back. :guilty:

WOC officially closed today, and now the Disneyland website says it's closed "through late June" whatever that means!

Very disappointed that WOC will not be operational when we visit. Sad about Screamin' as my daughter was looking forward to it, but we knew it most likely would not be open....so we are okay with that.

Now I see that Pirates will be down until June 7th......if it reopens on time. Also....what about the Matterhorn? Is that just a short closure?

We will be staying at Paradise Pier June 6-11.

I think we are going to do the BB Fantasmic Package.....but not sure if we need to do a Paint the Night package as well.

Can anyone recommend restaurants within walking distance of the hotel?

Thanks!

I've got 66 Days until we leave, and 67 until we are in the park! I'm in the process of making all of our shirts...well, more accurately, I'm in the process of convincing my husband that we NEED matching shirts. :lmao:So far I've convinced him on at least 2. A family vacation shirt, and the "most expensive day ever" for him. ("Best day ever" for me, and "I'm just here for the snacks" for my toddler.) 2 down, 3 to go! :scratchin

Ha ha!! I am currently in the same dilema with my husband. He is ok with doing the family / matching shirts but is so picky and difficult to please on what they are or should be. So far we have a Star Wars set but still in battle over what the other 2 will be. I made myself a " Disney wife Happy life" shirt, the boy's Best Day Ever shirts and thought I would make him one that says...." I work to support my wife's Disney addiction" but he thinks it's meh. :sad2:
Good thing I started early on this process! :rolleyes:

Does anyone have ideas regarding the Memorial Day Weekend hours? I'm quite shocked to see that the Friday and Saturday(5/25 and 5/26) at DL is only 9:00 am - 11:00 pm. Even more surprising is DCA's 9:00 am - 9:00 pm on those same dates, including only ONE showing of PTN at 8:45 pm. Interestingly, DL is open 8:00 am - Midnight the Thursday immediately preceding 5/24) the weekend. I don't see DCA grad nights on this particular weekend.

I realize this thread is for June 2018, but I'm posting about May hours here since I'm going mid-June and hours haven't yet been released. I've been assuming a typical summer schedule of 8:00 am - Midnight at DL and 9:00 am - 10:00 pm at DCA. Maybe not!

EDIT TO ADD: Searching dining availability into June, it looks like DCA will continue closing at 9:00 pm as far out as dining now goes, June 13th. DL is hard to tell, as dining reservations go until 10:00 pm, so at least an 11:00 pm close. Based on Minnie and Friend's breakfast availability, it looks like openings at DL are back to 8:00 am most of June. Interesting.

Last edited:
Does anyone have ideas regarding the Memorial Day Weekend hours? I'm quite shocked to see that the Friday and Saturday(5/25 and 5/26) at DL is only 9:00 am - 11:00 pm. Even more surprising is DCA's 9:00 am - 9:00 pm on those same dates, including only ONE showing of PTN at 8:45 pm. Interestingly, DL is open 8:00 am - Midnight the Thursday immediately preceding 5/24) the weekend. I don't see DCA grad nights on this particular weekend.

I realize this thread is for June 2018, but I'm posting about May hours here since I'm going mid-June and hours haven't yet been released. I've been assuming a typical summer schedule of 8:00 am - Midnight at DL and 9:00 am - 10:00 pm at DCA. Maybe not!

EDIT TO ADD: Searching dining availability into June, it looks like DCA will continue closing at 9:00 pm as far out as dining now goes, June 13th. DL is hard to tell, as dining reservations go until 10:00 pm, so at least an 11:00 pm close. Based on Minnie and Friend's breakfast availability, it looks like openings at DL are back to 8:00 am most of June. Interesting.

When I have gone in late June in the past, hours have been 8a-12a every day of the week, so that's what I would expect, and what we are planning when considering our reservations. This link is great for historical hours: https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-dlr-park-hours-entertainment-and-refurbs.2291124/

I booked the Plaza Inn for 7:10 on our first day! I am a little concerned because in the confirmation email it said ,"If applicable, Extra Magic Hours reservations, EMH is an exclusive for Guests staying at a Disneyland Area Hotel."

That made me wonder if they mean you have to have EMH to have a reservation during EMH/MM.

However, I looked at my email confirmation from the last time we had an early reservation during MM without having a MM, and it said the same thing and we had no problem, they just verified that we had a reservation.

Hmm.. I wonder if I should email them..?

Tried to book BB Fantasmic package for our first night-had a couple good times to choose from for our party of 8 but it wouldn’t let me click through to book. When I finally got it to work, the times were gone. Argh. Disney IT!

I want to book a BB package for June 26 — what time do I sign on to get the best selection of times?
I’m not sure, but as a data point I just checked at 6:30 am PT and I had no problem getting a time that worked for us (5:40) for our table of 8 for the 20th, which just loaded today.

How can I book a Fantasmic dinner package using the Disneyland App? It shows reservations at BB but it doesn't say anything at all about Fantasmic reservations. Any info or assistance is appreciated. Thanks!
Also, do any of you know if they are still including the seat cushions for Fantasmic if you have BB reservation?

Last edited:
How can I book a Fantasmic dinner package using the Disneyland App? It shows reservations at BB but it doesn't say anything at all about Fantasmic reservations. Any info or assistance is appreciated. Thanks!
Also, do any of you know if they are still including the seat cushions for Fantasmic if you have BB reservation?
You have to look for “fantasmic dining packages” under the dining tab. Then you’ll get the choices and you can pick BB, then reserve the date and time you want.

Tried to book BB Fantasmic package for our first night-had a couple good times to choose from for our party of 8 but it wouldn’t let me click through to book. When I finally got it to work, the times were gone. Argh. Disney IT!
I had some trouble with getting a June BB Fantasmic reservation-it gave me no possible times. So I gave up and went back later—plenty of times were available! I think if you keep trying you’ll probably be able to get one.

Have just made plans to take my grandson to Disneyland the first week of June. We will be there from June 3 through June 8. Hoping Pirates opens before we leave!

My last visit to DLR was in 1998! YIKES! Have been to WDW several times and am an AP holder there. We will be staying at the Anaheim Hotel across the street from DCA. Really looking forward to our adventure.

Have made dining reservations for BB and for a quick service type for the Fantasmic show. Decided not to do the BB for the Fantasmic package as grandson is 10 and he does not eat enough to make it worth the package price.

Any great ideas are so welcome. I know WDW like the back of my hand so this will be an entirely new experience to discover the magic at DLR.

My very first trip to DL was in 1965 as a young girl and almost every year after that. Then started going to WDW in the 70s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter