** June 2020 Check In **

From the DLR website (5/08/20) -- new reservation start date is now 7/01/20:

Update on Disneyland Resort Operations

Last Updated: May 8, 2020
While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain The Walt Disney Company’s top priority. In line with direction from health experts and government officials, the Disneyland Resort theme parks, hotels and the Downtown Disney District are currently closed and a reopening date has not been identified. We will continue to carefully evaluate this complex and fluid situation.
Upon reopening, Disneyland Resort theme parks, hotels, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or closure based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing. Furthermore, attractions, experiences, services and amenities may be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. Please also see our policies regarding modifications and cancellations by Guests.
Our focus remains on the health and safety of the entire Disney community—including the well-being of the Cast Members who are caring for and securing our parks and Resorts during the closure. We’re currently evaluating new and enhanced safety measures to help us all stay well. Learn more about these measures.
Below, you’ll find information on impacts to current and upcoming plans. Please continue to check back for additional updates.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
For Guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for travel dates July 1, 2020 and later. As always, Guests are able to modify these bookings if the Disneyland Resort opens before or after that time. Please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company for questions and modifications at (714) 520-5050.
We anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate our Guests’ patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

So does this mean that I have to give up my cockeyed optimism (AKA delusional thinking) that we'll be going end of June?

Sigh.

I think we will, too.

I was hoping....

It's really hard, isn't it? Your head says 'no' but your heart just won't let go! Call me crazy, but I'm going to let my reservations ride until 6/1. Or maybe the 15, or 20th.

Dang....sounds like the end of a bad romance!

It's really hard, isn't it? Your head says 'no' but your heart just won't let go! Call me crazy, but I'm going to let my reservations ride until 6/1. Or maybe the 15, or 20th.

That's what I'm doing. Especially considering in the email says, Guests are able to modify these bookings if the Disneyland Resort opens before or after that time.
so I'm holding onto that tiny shred of a sentence for hope. I won't cancel. I'll wait until Disney does it for me before I give up hope

That's what I'm doing. Especially considering in the email says, Guests are able to modify these bookings if the Disneyland Resort opens before or after that time.
so I'm holding onto that tiny shred of a sentence for hope. I won't cancel. I'll wait until Disney does it for me before I give up hope

Yeah I guess I'll hold out for official word from Disneyland, too... My hotel reservations are off site so I have to cancel within a week or so prior to arrival.

Sad sad sad.

I thought of you as soon as I saw this update and the Dapper Day email. So sorry that all this is happening in addition to everything else on your plate right now.
I agree with those of you holding out for now -- cancelling just hurts too much.

I thought of you as soon as I saw this update and the Dapper Day email. So sorry that all this is happening in addition to everything else on your plate right now.
I agree with those of you holding out for now -- cancelling just hurts too much.

It really does, doesn't it? Even when you know you can go after this whole thing is over so it's not like 'now or never', it still hurts.

Everything is now cancelled with the exception of my Hamilton tickets. (the most expensive part of our trip). I am very doubtful the show will happen, we are allowed to change our dates to the fall. We have been given that option now, but I'm less certain about the Fall with school obligations and work than June. If our show is cancelled we will just welcome a refund and hope to see the show in the future. Disney is definitely out regardless.

I have an October and January trip on the books. Crossing my fingers that one might happen. WDW plans have been cancelled for 2020.

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone in the June 2020 well. Stay safe!

I rescheduled my trip to December. My son and I were going in June to celebrate his HS graduation (which is also not happening). Bummer all around, but in the big picture this is just an inconvenience. Not a disaster.

List updated (5/13/20).

this makes me sad, as I know you are taking people off the list not adding people to the list. I managed the 2019 June thread and list and it was full of fun and excitement , what a difference a year makes :sad::sad:

this makes me sad, as I know you are taking people off the list not adding people to the list. I managed the 2019 June thread and list and it was full of fun and excitement , what a difference a year makes :sad::sad:
Yes, I was hoping that only the March and, maybe, the April threads would be affected. Then it spread to May... and now June. Sigh...

Everything is now cancelled with the exception of my Hamilton tickets. (the most expensive part of our trip). I am very doubtful the show will happen, we are allowed to change our dates to the fall. We have been given that option now, but I'm less certain about the Fall with school obligations and work than June. If our show is cancelled we will just welcome a refund and hope to see the show in the future...
I know it's not quite the same, but did you see the quote below from a different thread?

Disney+ just announced the recording of Hamilton (with the OBC!) will be available on July 3 :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Starting 7-10 days before your reservation Disney reservation agents will begin calling you daily to find out what you want to do with your reservation. For my May 5-10 reservation they started calling me on April 26th.

We moved our dates to the beginning of August and it was actually cheaper for the same room type! Really hoping that will happen, but not holding my breath...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter