** June 2020 Check In **

We’re headed back after what will be a nearly 2 year hiatus. It’s been too long! Booked 6/1-6/5 in the parks with 5 day, one park per day tix. Staying at the Castle Inn.

We’ll be in California for 7 days and have 2 days at Disneyland scheduled - May 31 and June 1. We’re staying at Residence Inn convention center. It’s our first time in Cali and DL. We’ve been to WDW several times and we’re really excited to see Disneyland!

We'll be at the Courtyard Inn Theme Park Entrance June 6-13. Our first trip back since '07 so really looking forward to all the new stuff. And this will be DD's first time for DLR. Haven't booked yet but plan on doing so over the next 4-8 weeks (may do the park tix soon to head off any potential price increases).

We'll be at the Courtyard Inn Theme Park Entrance June 6-13. Our first trip back since '07 so really looking forward to all the new stuff. And this will be DD's first time for DLR. Haven't booked yet but plan on doing so over the next 4-8 weeks (may do the park tix soon to head off any potential price increases).
Our first trip was in ‘07! So dead back then. Much busier now. 😂

Need your input re: park tickets. We will have two grad nights during our trip, June 2nd and 3rd. I’m trying to decide if we need park hoppers in addition to max pass. It’s about a $200 price difference, which is really only $50pp. Are the hoppers a good idea? Or would the $200 be better spent elsewhere? Thoughts?

Yay, we're coming back! We'll be there June 11-14 (2 park days) at BWPPI to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, which is June 12. :lovestruc

Last edited:

Need your input re: park tickets. We will have two grad nights during our trip, June 2nd and 3rd. I’m trying to decide if we need park hoppers in addition to max pass. It’s about a $200 price difference, which is really only $50pp. Are the hoppers a good idea? Or would the $200 be better spent elsewhere? Thoughts?

My opinion is always to hop, regardless of circumstances. We'd rather spend more for our tickets and save money elsewhere. (For example, driving instead of flying - we're in northern CA.)

I think you can do 1 park per day. You can always upgrade if the first day is not to your liking. When Disneyland used to close I’d always get hoppers. But now that it’s at DCA there’s plenty to do in DL and its usually open later than dca.

This June trip will be my first without hoppers. I think it will be ok for our family though. If not...upgrade!

June 9-14 of our family of 6 — first time to Disneyland after several times to World. We’re currently booked at Hilton Anaheim, but would love to stay at a 2 BR at the Grand Californian if magic happens and DVC frees up. We’re on the waiting list but it seems unlikely.

June 9-14 of our family of 6 — first time to Disneyland after several times to World. We’re currently booked at Hilton Anaheim, but would love to stay at a 2 BR at the Grand Californian if magic happens and DVC frees up. We’re on the waiting list but it seems unlikely.
June looks busy. The Hilton walk isn’t too bad though!

My wife and I are making our first trip to Disneyland June 20-26 staying at the Sheraton Park hotel after 13 trips to Orlando. We are also doing one day at Knotts. 8-)

So excited - just finished booking all the details for our June trip - 6/20 to 6/24! Staying at the Tropicana Inn and Suites :)

So many WDW vets making first trips to DLR! Here are some threads to help with your trip planning:
* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! -- from the sticky threads at the top of the first page -- lots of great information here!
From that sticky:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets -- a classic thread and a must read!
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- a treasure trove of helpful threads!

Also, this ongoing thread is a useful resource:
2020 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!