June 22, 2019: 8 Days on the Fantasy

First time Disney Cruiser and coming with four other families. Super excited about doing the Fish Extender with the kids. Anyone here has done one before on the previous Disney cruise?

First time Disney Cruiser and coming with four other families. Super excited about doing the Fish Extender with the kids. Anyone here has done one before on the previous Disney cruise?
Yes we’ve done it every cruise and always so much fun...for the kids and adults!!!

Hi all! We are a family of 4 & super excited to go one our 2 Disney Cruise!!!! :dancer:

We participated in a fe group last cruise. It was a lot of fun! We are planning to join a fe group this cruise too!

Looking forward to another great cruise, meeting new friends and participating in the fish extender, it’s so much fun. Anyone staying at WDW before the cruise?

I wish! We went to wdw after last cruise and it was so much fun! I’m still currently trying to convince my husband to go! Flight of passage, it calls me! :tinker::tink:

As this is our first DCL cruise, I was hoping someone with silver or above could give me advanced info on activities and port adventures prior to my booking window opening.

Thanks!

This is our 2nd cruise, so I’m still a noob. We went to st Martin, st Thomas and castaway last summer.

We booked at midnight 90 days out ( the next day dcl’s site was going to be down for maintenance- and I was super excited). We had a hard time with picking the excerisions dcl offered bc my son was 2 and daughter was 6 ( and he was not able to do a lot. although looking at it now there still not as many options for him).

St Martin we did an off dcl excerision which was super fun!!! Other ppl on the board recommend it. Probably the best time on the cruise! My kiddos loved it!!!

St Thomas we book throug dcl and we went to Megan’s bay. It was a pretty beach. We had a good day, but this time we might try something else...

Castaway we booked the sting ray feeding but for some reason all activities that day were canceled ( the water was flat and the sun was shining so we have no clue why that was done). We still had an amazing time.

This time we are doing half and half. half booking through the cruise line and the other off dcl.

As far as on board activities we ate dinner at palo. it was ok. Maybe it was just us bc most ppl LOVE it ( and swear by the brunch—- which we r thinking about trying this tome). My daughter did bibity bobbity boutique. That was super expensive but totally worth it seeing how happy my daughter was. once on board we were able to get tickets to the frozen meet and greet. They were all snatched up when we were able to book on board activities. The kids club and nursery were awesome! We also did massages at the spa but will not this time.

If there is an activity that you want to participate in and it’s booked up at the time of booking. Go to guest service once on board and see if they can help get you in a spot! We had one to the frozen meet and greet... they were able to get another ticket for my son. They also moved around our dinner at palo bc it was on our animators plate night ( which was amazing!!!). I hope that help.

This is our 2nd cruise, so I’m still a noob. We went to st Martin, st Thomas and castaway last summer.

We booked at midnight 90 days out ( the next day dcl’s site was going to be down for maintenance- and I was super excited). We had a hard time with picking the excerisions dcl offered bc my son was 2 and daughter was 6 ( and he was not able to do a lot. although looking at it now there still not as many options for him).

St Martin we did an off dcl excerision which was super fun!!! Other ppl on the board recommend it. Probably the best time on the cruise! My kiddos loved it!!!

St Thomas we book throug dcl and we went to Megan’s bay. It was a pretty beach. We had a good day, but this time we might try something else...

Castaway we booked the sting ray feeding but for some reason all activities that day were canceled ( the water was flat and the sun was shining so we have no clue why that was done). We still had an amazing time.

This time we are doing half and half. half booking through the cruise line and the other off dcl.

As far as on board activities we ate dinner at palo. it was ok. Maybe it was just us bc most ppl LOVE it ( and swear by the brunch—- which we r thinking about trying this tome). My daughter did bibity bobbity boutique. That was super expensive but totally worth it seeing how happy my daughter was. once on board we were able to get tickets to the frozen meet and greet. They were all snatched up when we were able to book on board activities. The kids club and nursery were awesome! We also did massages at the spa but will not this time.

If there is an activity that you want to participate in and it’s booked up at the time of booking. Go to guest service once on board and see if they can help get you in a spot! We had one to the frozen meet and greet... they were able to get another ticket for my son. They also moved around our dinner at palo bc it was on our animators plate night ( which was amazing!!!). I hope that help.
We already booked the sea lion swim at coral world (directly with them, as that isn’t an option on DCL) for St. Thomas.

For St. Kitts, we’re considering, through DCL,

4x4 Island Safari and Beach (SK20)

And for St. John’s, through DCL,

Kayak, Hike and Snorkel Adventure (A21)

I’m hoping someone could tell me at around 80-85 days out if these were available, so we could discuss alternatives in advance. Also a heads up as to the earliest PAT still available would be appreciated also.

Hi everyone!

We’re on Deck 9, with a group of 6. Any info on the FE for this cruise? This is our 3rd cruise, and I noticed all of the FE’s on the doors last time, and want to join in!

Anybody been to St. Kitts before? Looking for ideas for there...

Robert

Just checking in on everyone ... I'm starting to count the days very closely now! My husband broke his foot about 3 weeks ago - so I'm sort of on pins and needles about whether he will still need the 'boot' when we leave. (He's got a doctor's appointment a few days before). We're doing a private tour with all 12 of us on St. Kitts. No plans on St. Thomas (we honeymooned there, so I think we're just going to play it by ear). For Antigua, I booked a snorkel tour for just the three of us (the other families are doing a Disney tour that my son is too young for) - so fingers crossed DH is cleared to swim, etc... Can't wait. :cool1:

Hi all,

We are a family of four with two boys (6) and (4) traveling from Northern VA. This is our first Disney cruise so we are excited. I am a naval officer and booked the cruise a few months ago when I knew I had availability to take the family. I wanted to see if anyone who reserved a cabana for castaway cay had any extra room and wanted to subsidize the cost a little if you wanted to share. When we booked they were all reserved but they look rather spacious and a good deal for that particular day. Let me know if anyone wants to. I think it would be great especially if someone has kids of similar age. Only two more weeks until embark. We are looking forward to it!

Respectfully,

Matt T.

Hi Matt,

My son is 4 too and we're also from Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, we don't have a cabana - but with 12 people, I think there was only one that large (and we certainly didn't have the status to grab it). We'll see you there - probably in the kids clubs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts