June Trip

tjls

Mouseketeer
Have BWV for June 20-26. Keep hearing mixed info regarding possible reopening. Some say June, some July. Should I cancel and cut my losses?

No one knows.

I held onto a June 7-17 reservation until last week, but when they moved new reservations to July I decided to cut my losses and move to August.

IMHO the biggest question you need to ask yourself is whether you'd be OK with a resort-only stay. I say that because there is some chance they will reopen the resorts before the parks. Once the resorts are open DVC is under no obligation to continue their generous policy of waiving holding and allowing borrowed points to be returned. So there is a chance they announce the resorts open June 16 and parks open July 1. Your reservation is now valid and they don't extend current rebooking offers, and by the time you find out about the July 1 opening all of July and August are taken up by people rushing to make reservations.

I have no special insight into any of that happening, and I would hope Disney might be a little more generous about reservations in such a window, but I believe it's a possibility.

The other issue is that availability later this summer may get worse, so you might be able to grab something you like in August, but if you wait until mid-June, it could well be gone.

Bruce

Ugh... sorry to say, imho you’d be lucky for July or August. I’m betting Against a full opening by then as well. Too many Non Phase 1 areas and re-extended dates.. till August . Stay Healthy and best of luck

July & August already show limited availability.
We have June 10-22, as well as June 13-21 for our son, booked - I'm holding on to them as the later we go, the hotter it will be, and the same type reservations (BWV 1bdrm Standard view & BW view studio) aren't even available for entire stays. Our hopes are that they do a resort guests only, limited opening for June - the thought of multiple split resort stays, massive crowds, & hot-as-hades weather is not what we would consider vacation (limited park entry & dining is fine).
As it is, we've had to reschedule this vacation twice, AND have had our trip to Tuscany, Italy in July cancelled 😟

As it is, we've had to reschedule this vacation twice, AND have had our trip to Tuscany, Italy in July cancelled 😟

In the overall scheme of things we are all doing fine, but I do feel your pain.

We were originally going in March. Had all the ADRs and FPs (even had slinky dog and falcon) lined up.

When things first started happening rebooked whole family for end of August figuring things would likely be fine and hopefully GrandMa would be recovered enough from knee surgery to go.

Moved to early August after discovering DD13 was hoping to be a manager for lacrosse for school and would need to be there in late August.

Moved to June when Grandma's surgery was indefinitely postponed and June opening seemed possible (and it's cooler). Got ADRs and best FPs I could fine.

Moved back to early August when June seemed more unlikely and availability started to go away. But had switched to different resort (picking OKW as all that space seems best if it's going to be a more-time-at-resort vacation) so had to redo all ADRs.

Now, like I said, I have little to complain about in the overall scheme of things, but at this point I've planned our 2020 WDW trip 5 times, when normally I do it once at 11/7, 6, and 2 months.

Bruce

I'm sure others have seen this but they now are saying they are only taking reservations after July 1. Looks like they just haven't gotten around to cancelling reservations after first week of June yet.
https://people.com/travel/disney-wo...or-first-week-of-june-amid-coronavirus-fears/
As for the parks opening, I really do not see that happening prior to September. We are FL residents near WDW and know some employees. They let thousands of employees go and to recall/rehire will take some time. They need to restock food, etc. Lots of logistics in addition to all the social distancing logistics! Sept is typically one of the least crowded months (of course nothing is normal!) but if they reopen and need to limit crowds, would be a good time to start and try it out.

I’m keeping my June 26 to 29 until the bitter end. I am still hoping we will see resorts open by then

I'm with you. We have a 1BR at RIV 6/20-6/27. Holding on for now since we have no idea what our summer will hold here in Michigan. The camp my girls attend hasn’t been cancelled yet so until I have an idea of what happens with camp, I can’t reschedule WDW.

I'm with you. We have a 1BR at RIV 6/20-6/27. Holding on for now since we have no idea what our summer will hold here in Michigan. The camp my girls attend hasn’t been cancelled yet so until I have an idea of what happens with camp, I can’t reschedule WDW.

I did end up Having to change yesterday but only because of flights. Delta changed things and I went from one layover to two, and arriving at 12:30 pm to 8:00 pm.

So now going July 3 to 7 and flying direct on Jet Blue. Feeling good for sure now this will go, Given the report today that Disney can submit opening plans to Mayor., bodes well foe an opening soon!

We were staying at SSR when WDW announced they would be closing.
We are Fl. annual pass holders, and just became DVC members in January. No regrets about the purchase at SSR. What a wonderful resort and loved the Springs at night.

Going to MK after the announcement was bittersweet. We were able to keep our distance as we didn't have masks. The park was empty and the feeling sadness was everywhere. I thought it was me, but I see it in our videos.

We have reservation for 6/15 at OKW & AKL for 7/20.
As much as we miss it, I remember how it felt that last day we were there. I expect it will be even harder as they implement the new requirements. If we had to fly, with a family, I would reschedule if possible.

We were suppose to check into SSR on 6/1. Since first week of June is canceled I went ahead and rescheduled to 9/12-20. The cast member said there was only one studio left😳. I have a feeling September is going to be packed. I’m hoping the parks will open before July.

July & August already show limited availability.
We have June 10-22, as well as June 13-21 for our son, booked - I'm holding on to them as the later we go, the hotter it will be, and the same type reservations (BWV 1bdrm Standard view & BW view studio) aren't even available for entire stays. Our hopes are that they do a resort guests only, limited opening for June - the thought of multiple split resort stays, massive crowds, & hot-as-hades weather is not what we would consider vacation (limited park entry & dining is fine).
We are refugees from Spring Break. Original plan was a DVC-DCL-DVC sandwich first week of April. Then rescheduled to DVC-DCL 5-night double dip embarking 6/26. With DCL canceling through 7/27, I pivoted and was able to book AKL concierge 1-BR, Beach Club, and Grand Floridian, along with my cash-pay stay at Riviera (with free dining).

The speculation that park attendance be limited to resort guests only, makes sense to me and I am clinging to that hope! It would be a pretty special experience being part of a "soft opening" in June, presumably with walk-on level lines to Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog, 7-Dwarfs, etc.

We have Studio at RIV 6/23-6/26 (with free dining perk when our Spring Break reservation was cancelled due to Covid). Hope we don't get cancelled again. I think being part of a partial reopen would be a silver-lining perk of staying at the resorts during these times. Also, can't think of anywhere outside of home where strict precautions will be taken as seriously as it would be at WDW.

We have Studio at RIV 6/23-6/26 (with free dining perk when our Spring Break reservation was cancelled due to Covid). Hope we don't get cancelled again. I think being part of a partial reopen would be a silver-lining perk of staying at the resorts during these times. Also, can't think of anywhere outside of home where strict precautions will be taken as seriously as it would be at WDW.
[/QUOTE]

Saw this morning the email (I'm a TA) that WDW has cancelled stays through 6/13. I'm getting an awful feeling about my 6/20 check-in. I've got a December UY so I'm using 2018/2019 points, so I am hoping if I get cancelled I can rebook for July or August. Ugh :(

Saw this morning the email (I'm a TA) that WDW has cancelled stays through 6/13. I'm getting an awful feeling about my 6/20 check-in. I've got a December UY so I'm using 2018/2019 points, so I am hoping if I get cancelled I can rebook for July or August. Ugh :(
[/QUOTE]
Ugh! Thanks for the info. Keeping my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!