Jurassic park drop scary?!?

DS was terrified to try Splash Mtn and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED JP. And the drop is bigger! We did JP at least 4 times while we were there. It is a couple seconds of "aaaaahhhhhh!" but is so much fun. That said, if you don't like drops at all, it has a drop so best to skip.

So... Jurassic Park has the bigger drop?

I honestly thought it was smaller than Splash Mountain! :laughing:

Splash Mountain terrifies me (though I still ride it!), I think because of the way they slowly bring you up to the drop and then dangle you over it looking down before dropping you. Jurassic Park, on the other hand, distracts you with a giant T-Rex and then drops you without warning... and it's over before you're even really aware it's started!

Also, I rode with my family about three times this past week (just got back), and we didn't get "soaked" at all. I commented after the last one that the spitting dino got me wetter than the drop. I'm sure it depends on where you sit and weight distribution in the boat, etc., but every time we've been on, we've only gotten lightly splashed (as in, my husband's shirt was still dry and I could wipe the water off my glasses on his shirt). Our rears did get damp from the seats, though.

JP has a much bigger drop. I got both of my girls on it last summer but both refuse to ride it again. We got soaked the one time we rode it but it was August so it felt great.

They are good with Splash Mountain.

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to state that this is the ride that ruined all others for me. As a kid, my family took me on it believing it to be a quiet, nice ride, and I kept telling them there was a drop. And there was. An 84 ft one. The picture taken of us during this ride shows an extremely distressed 8 year old me and one unhappy family member. Ever since that ride, I have been unable to ride other coasters with drops. Don't get me wrong, I've tried. I rode space mountain, thunder mountain, and other coasters at the local amusement park near my hometown. But those were all once. The drops are too much. I get panicky. I get upset, it's a whole horrible day. So IMO, it's a great little ride, but no drop is really worth it. There are other great rides in the park...rides that don't have to scar you for life.

I don't do "drops" either - I totally get what you are saying. I can do twists, turns, inversions, but not drops.

I have been able to deal with Jurassic because I do like the splash, and I hate missing out being with the rest of the family.
Splash mountain - nope. Did it once only because another friend (who doesn't really like thrill stuff) was doing it - never again. my husband has decided that maybe this disney trip he wants to do splash mountain.....he'll be alone if he decides to go through with it....

That being said, and this is just food for thought, we got up the courage to try dragon challenge - and then the next trip hulk. I actually really like both of these. The reason is that there are no "drops" - no free falls, no stomach in my throat. You are forcibly "pushed" through the entire track - up, down, sideways, whatever. No free falls. That was the difference for me. You'll never get me on rip rockit whatever at US, but I will do hulk now.

ZOMBIE THREAD.

But yeah, I'm not sure how you didn't notice the drop before you went on the ride. I mean, it's right there. You can walk past it and watch people dropping down.

Gotta love a zombie thread but it's really exciting to see somebody actually searched for an answer for their question before they started a new one!;)

I had no problems with the drop.

I didn't like the part where I got very wet ....

I'm glad to see this thread. It's good to know what I will be getting myself into. Drops don't really bother me. It's the climb to the top of the hill that gets me. I hate heights, but am usually okay if I can't actually see how high up I am.

From my experience, the JP drop does not feel as intense as the SM drop (and surely nowhere near as intense as Dudley Do-Right). However, it could still be plenty scary for people who don't like drops.

While the drop itself will only take ~2 seconds, my advice would be as follows: if you hate drops enough that the mere anticipation of it will ruin the entire ride experience for you, then better to skip. However, if you will be able to enjoy the majority of the ride, and the fear will only kick in at the very end, it's probably worth the sacrifice, as it is a very fun ride. Either way, enjoy the trip! :)

It's taller (not sure if steeper) than Ripsaw Falls. But the drop is in the dark so it's not as intense. Go for it.

Jurassic Park will always have a special place in my heart, if for no other reason than I didn't realize there was a drop at the end.

So I'm busy staring up at the dinosaur bending down to eat me when the whole boat plunges into the water below unexpectedly. Great rush. I'll never forget that.

While I love the drop on Jurassic park, it is only because I know it is coming and when. The first time I rode, my heart was in my throat. But, I got off laughing. For me, that is the definition of a "thrill ride".

You must ride it again to break your fear. It is at that point you will be able to ride any ride you desire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter