Jurassic Park Ride Question

mommypenguin29

Mouseketeer
So we will be there this weekend and I am trying to figure out what rides I won't do well on - I don't like roller coasters or water rides with drops - which is why I am concerned about the Jurassic Park ride... (so at Disney - I can do the mine train and pirates boat ride, but that is about as adventurous as I get)... how bad is the drop in Jurassic Park and do you get soaked?

The other water rides at IOA, Bullwinkle and Popeye, will get you soaked. Like you just went fully overboard into the lake and pulled back into boat, soaked. Bullwinkle is a log flume drop like Splash Mtn. But all along the ride they squirt and drown you, too.

Jurassic has the bigger 4-person-wide boats. The drop at the end is the only time you can get wet. The drop is typical height, lasts about 5 seconds. The splash mostly directs away from the boat so that it looks cool to those watching. I have come of it with barely a misting several times. The most I ever got was one side of my shirt like someone threw a bucket of water at me. Still soaked but nowhere near Popeye which is more like "drowned rat".

The drop in Jurassic Park is long, way higher then anything at Disney.

It's maybe 10 times longer than the drop in Pirates.

But it is a great ride. Really love it. I went to JP and Pirates a month ago so it's fresh in my memory. If Pirates is as adventurous as you get, then JP will be to high :)

Jurassic Park has an 85 foot drop.

It`s over far too quick for us.......but we love drops......bigger the better!!

As for how wet you get........well, we have come off with anything from a mild sprinkling of water......to being totally drenched and anything in between.......yes, you can get drenched......with that ride it all depends on how the boat is loaded how wet you get.......

TM told us years ago usually the heavier the boat, the wetter you get.......and where you sit of course.......

There`s no way to know how wet you`re going to get........it`s just your luck.

But, I agree with wookiebeck.......you don't get just as wet like you do on the other water rides like Popeye........

But, if you can only handle Pirates, I`d avoid Jurassic Park River Adventure like the plague.........

Yeah it really depends on the weight of the boat and your position on how wet you get. I have gone on and gotten soaked and also gone on and stayed relatively dry.

But with the other boat rides there is no escaping the wetness.

Popeyes has no big drops by the way, just a lot of turning and twisting. Dudley doo rides has multiple drops - one about as big as Jurassic Park, maybe bigger?

Yeah it really depends on the weight of the boat and your position on how wet you get. I have gone on and gotten soaked and also gone on and stayed relatively dry.

But with the other boat rides there is no escaping the wetness.

Popeyes has no big drops by the way, just a lot of turning and twisting. Dudley doo rides has multiple drops - one about as big as Jurassic Park, maybe bigger?

Dudley has a 75 foot drop, but maybe looks a little bit steeper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!