South Africa ABD with Joe Rohde 2018

Cousin Orville

Inventor of Air Cooling
This one time only very special ABD looks incredible! Without doubt, South Africa is my favorite ABD. Is it possible for it to get any better? Apparently so. You'll be traveling with Joe Rohde.

From ABD's website:
Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime, Adult-Exclusive South African adventure celebrating the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park—a celebration of the magic of nature and all living things. Join our very special guests, Imagineer Joe Rohde and Dr. Mark Penning as they share their stories, expertise and passion through special activities and presentations that true Disney fans will treasure.

South Africa: Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park’s 20th Anniversary Safari

Available for booking April 23rd for ABD Insiders, 25th for general public.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought it was going to be for next year. Had to check it out. But it's November of 2018. So not happening. Ah, well!

Sayhello

I have no vacation days left for 2018. There are no options.

They haven't posted that yet that I can see.

Sayhello

Thanks, I thought I was missing something.
This sounds amazing!

WHAT?! This is a dream trip of a lifetime for me and my family. We are already booked for Greece in September and South Africa in 2019 (not with ABD). Seriously thinking about switching, but our air is already booked to Greece. This is short notice for those of us that plan our vacations 18 months out.

Wow! Okay, two questions:
Guesstimate pricing, anyone?
18 and over, or is there any wiggle room?

Wow, looks like an amazing trip. But would hate to do it without the kids :(

Wow! Okay, two questions:
Guesstimate pricing, anyone?
18 and over, or is there any wiggle room?
No idea on pricing! The one regular SA ABD that still has pricing on it is currently $8,799 per person, and I assume this one will be more. You spend an extra night at Kapama instead of Cape Town, so there's probably a price difference there, plus the exclusive events and access to Joe Rohde and Dr Mark Penning. So I'd guess it to be north of $9,000 per person, but who knows?

And to my knowledge, ABD doesn't do wiggle room on the 18 and over, but it certainly couldn't hurt to call!

Sayhello

I don't see pricing
This morning on the website prices start at $11,499. Thanks Cousin Orville for the posting - did not see or hear about this anywhere. You have sharp eyes! An extra day in Kapama, one less in Cape Town. Sounds terrific. Prior to Australia, this was our favorite trip.

If I had to declare a "trip of a lifetime", this would have been it. While the price tag stunned me, I might have been willing to spend it for this.

Oh man, you're so lucky! We wouldn't have been able to book unti the 25th anyway (first ABD is this May) but it couldn't have worked out anyway as we have already booked China for this year (and our travel for NEXT year for Africa also). Endlessly frustrating that a company you need to book as far in advance as possible for to get good pricing always does amazing things on short notice. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts