Just back: DL CA DTD Candy Cane Inn

never2muchdisney

Mouseketeer
Back home from wonderful trip. Glad to answer any questions.

Disneyland:
Road the new space mountain. First time to see the new Buzz ride. Fireworks were unbelievable! (Yes, they did cancel the fireworks due to weather one night we were there)

California Adventure:
Block Party Parade was just O.K.

Another "10" rating for the Candy Cane Inn.

We will be staying at the candy cane inn in 3 weeks time, sounds like it lived up to your expectations, was it at all noisey, how was the free breakfast, were the beds/rooms clean and did you make use of the safety deposit boxes?

We are really looking forward to the fireworks shows but will have to go on the weekends to see them, how were the crowds during the fireworks?

Pete

I was just thinking that I don't think I've ever heard any negative comments about the Candy Cane Inn. One of the teachers at DS's school just stayed there a little while ago and also thought it was fantastic. We've never stayed there ourselves but plan to in the near future.

I am torn between "treating" myself to PP hotel or DLH .....or CC (saving some money)...........augh!!! what to do.......... :confused3
If I chose NOT a Disney hotel, it WOULD be CC Inn........I love the fact that I will get a quick breakfast and start out for the day..............with a full tummy.
Please post photos if you have any!!!
I will be sitting here all day waiting.............. :goodvibes :Pinkbounc :banana: :goodvibes

It's great to hear nice things about the CC Inn. I've never seen it but always see their shuttle buses dropping off and picking up people. I always comment on what a cute name for a hotel that is, but I have to ever actually know where in the heck the place is at..lol
I just may have to get down off of my snobby hotel throne and check it out...LOL

Disneydudepete said:
We will be staying at the candy cane inn in 3 weeks time, sounds like it lived up to your expectations, was it at all noisey, how was the free breakfast, were the beds/rooms clean and did you make use of the safety deposit boxes?

We are really looking forward to the fireworks shows but will have to go on the weekends to see them, how were the crowds during the fireworks?

Pete

We stayed there in March and will be again in May. The beds are wonderful. They are new (delivery truck was there during our stay), pillow top style, with lots of pillows. The breakfast is good for what it is. There is a couple toasters for you to use. They provide bagels, bread, muffins, pastries- with peanut butter, cream cheese (3 kinds) butter and jelly. Apples, oranges and bananas. 2-3 kids of cereal (rice crispies, raisin bran and I think fruit loops). Milk, juice, coffee, tea. There was always plenty and it was fresh. Our room was clean. However, one day they did not make up the room while we were gone. We returned for our nap around 3:30 and it wasnt done. We would have had to wake the kids up from the middle of their nap to have it done. We asked for some fresh towels and made due.

Brutie said:
It's great to hear nice things about the CC Inn. I've never seen it but always see their shuttle buses dropping off and picking up people. I always comment on what a cute name for a hotel that is, but I have to ever actually know where in the heck the place is at..lol
I just may have to get down off of my snobby hotel throne and check it out...LOL

Its one hotel up Harbor from the corner of Harbor and Katella. One side of it butt's up against a Disney parking lot and the other side is the Desert Palms hotel. Its super close to DCA- you can hear the people screaming on screamin' when you are outside.

Disneydudepete said:

Pete

The Candy Cane Inn really did live up to all the positive reviews we read about it. During the day, the only noise we heard was the shuttle driving through the parking lot. But that wasn't disturbing. At night, you could hear the outside doors next to us closing, and next room showers running in the mornings, but nothing that woke up anyone who was still sleeping. There were lots of families with small children, and the noise seemed minimal, even with the tired little ones in the evenings.

The breakfast is very good. The dining area is extremely clean and well maintained. They have a big variety of different breakfast items. Muffins, pastries, bagels, breads & jellies, cereal, fresh fruits, coffee, tea, milk juice. We watched the Costco delivery truck come in one evening and deliver all the muffins, danish, cereal, etc. Everything was very fresh. There isn’t lots of sitting room inside the dining area, but the double doors are opened out to the pool area where you are welcome to sit and eat. No microwave oven, but a toaster oven for bagels and toast. It’s the best continental breakfast we’ve been to in the Anaheim area.

Our room was very clean. The housekeeping service there is outstanding. The beds are clean and well maintained and very very comfortable. The bed pillows are small, but each bed comes with three extra large throw pillows. During the four days we were there, the maintenance crew painted three different rooms. The carpet in our room was just freshly shampooed, it smelled so nice and fresh. One afternoon when we came back from the parks, our housekeeper was inside the tub, wiping it dry with a towel. I would give the cleanliness of the room a 10.

We didn’t make use of the deposit boxes.

The crowds during the fireworks show are crowded! No moving room at all! Main street is roped off into large square areas. Each area is packed tightly with people. You are only aloud view the show from within the roped areas. Otherwise, you are herded like cattle around and around! Is it worth it? Absolutely!! IMO, and you’re a true Disney fan, you’ll never see a more spectacular fireworks display anywhere! It brought tears to my eyes. I got very emotional after every song. It’s unbelievable.

Sounds like your trip will be similar to ours. I can know you’ll have a wonderful Disney, Candy Cane Inn experience.

DH & I also enjoyed our CCI stay in Jul 05. They even had a basket of small candy canes at the front desk. It was fun to enjoy a candy cane in July. I enjoyed their free DL shuttle even more.

Brenda

I am so glad to hear more good about the candy cane inn....we are getting so excited....25 sleeps til we leave for DL(26 til we fly out)....we will be at the candy cane inn from may 13-23......starting to really think about what we want to pack, with the terrible weather we have been having here, i could probably just about pack everything :rotfl2:
who else will be at the CCI during our dates???
sharon

I know a lot of people from the WISH boards will be there,since they are running the half-marathon. You may want to post a thread over there

From Hawaii and stayed at CCI June '04. Loved it!!!
Will stay again from July 4-15, 2006 with parents, siblings and children-all 21 of us. Totally enjoyed CCI and will recommend it again and again to others. At last stay, they had a microwave in the lobby/dining area for use, especially for guests who did not have a deluxe room with microwave. Hope it's still available as we have only a standard room on this next visit. Great for warming up leftovers for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter