Just back from 10 nights, Bdwlk Villas...

MicheleC

DVC Member--BWV and BL
This was our first DVC stay and we were really excited. We had some problems
checking in to our room which was very annoying. We had traveled from early
in the morning and were pretty exhausted. Our room continued not to be ready from
3:20 when we got there until after 5 and then we found out that there was a maintenance
problem and they put us in another room, but we complained because we booked this
11 months in advance and specifically did so to get the nice view of the boardwalk. We then
went to MGM for a few hours while they finished getting our original room ready. We were
exhausted but it was worth it. We had room 5001 which was a wonderful view, although a
very long walk from the elevator (last room in the hotel). I'm 7 months pregnant so it was
a really long walk for me but the view was well worth it--I would recommend this room.

Any questions about our stay or the boardwalk, feel free!!

Michele

That's one of the problems with DVC....you book 11 months in advance and then you've got almost a year of anticipation. Then the first thing that happens when you get there is you check in and you have problems! Sorry to hear about that, but sounds like the rest of your trip went off with no major hitches.

No specific questions. Just glad to hear your trip went well. Personally, I can't imagine the Disney trip while 7 months pregnant (I'm a guy so I can't imagine pregnant at all!
:rolleyes: ) but if you're going to do it, I'm sure that going DVC style made it a lot better!

Granny--thanks for the post. Yes, we had a great trip. I forgot to mention that when we
finally did get into our room there was a solid white chocolate Mickey Mouse waiting for
us with little sparking stars all over the tray with a card that read "Have a Magical Vacation",
so they did try to make up for it! Also I found out that maintenance had been painting in the
room and made more of a mess than anticipated and that housekeeping was shampooing
the rugs and cleaning. When we got in the rugs were still damp but the room looked great.
As far as being 7 months pregnant, it was pretty rought I must admit, the walking was taking
a toll after a few days, but it was really a wodnerful time and we probably will bank our points
next year rather than take an infant so I'm glad we got to enjoy this long visit since next
time probably won't be for 2 more years!

Granny is a guy? And I had you figured to be an Irene Ryan lookalike. Go figure!

Probably not the easiest descriptor for posting on this board, but it has been my nickname as long as I can remember. It's a derivative of my last name.

I didn't try to hide my guy-ness....my profile identifies me as 100% American male! :)

With any luck, I don't look like Irene Ryan. :eek:

MicheleC....I'm still impressed that you did a ten day trip at 7 months. Hope you have lots of pictures of "baby's first trip to WDW" !!

We are going in 3 weeks for our first trip to BWV, in a 1 bdr. We also sprung for the preferred view, and made the ressies 11 mos out. What type of room did you have?

We had that same room back in October of 99. We had it as a two bedrrom for the first week we were there and then just the one bedrrom the second week. It was a great room. The only problem we had besides the walk was that there were a lot of black birds hanging out on the balcony, and they loved to use it as there bathroom.

Scott

We had it as a 1-bedroom. There were some birds around, mostly hanging out
on the roof of Jellyrolls which was right to the left of our balcony. But overall the
room was really great if you could stand the walk!!

Michelle,

Did you get much noise from the closeness of JellyRolls?

Cap--
The room was noisier than the room we had last year which was on the other side of the hotel by
the quiet pool. As far as noise from jellyrolls, we didn't hear any music or anything, but when it got
late and the boardwalk was quieter, I would hear a big round of applause every so often. Also, the
noise from the boardwalk was pretty loud in the room. Those funny mirrors on the boardwalk are
right downstairs (we were right over the DVC office) and people kept looking in them and cracking up
loudly and the man who rides the bike while playing the piano played a lot right below our room.
I'm not sleeping well right now so I heard all of those things, but my daughter (3) and my husband
didn't seem affected by it at all!! Overall, the noise didn't seem like too high a price for the awesome
view!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter