Just back from a week at BWV!!

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We got the room of a lifetime at BWV this week! It was a boardwalk view studio. We had never done BW view before and yes, we had to walk a ways (in fact we were the third room from the end) but what a view! It was room 4005, which is in the "crest of the wave" section. We had a view of YC, BC, the epcot ball, espn, flying fish, etc. Great view of Illuminations--in fact one picture I have looks like ESPN is blowing up.
I know some people say "who cares about the view we only sleep in the room" but we tour differently now and every night my husband and son got use of the balcony. I would go to sleep before they would and my husband would sit out there and work or watch netflix while my son kept up with his texting. They loved the sounds of the boardwalk and the boats. I liked getting up early when hardly anyone was out but runners.
The condition of the room was fine. We used the pool a couple of days. My son used the gym 3 or 4 times. We got mugs and went to the bakery to fill them. Ate breakfast on our last day at Kouzzina and it was really good! An ESPN lunch was convenient but nothing special. Be prepared to like soccer if you go there for the next few weeks. Luckily we were in a booth and I got them to put the Tigers game on for me.
The only (minor) downfall is the busses. Our MK bus was full but the morning pickup was just for us, not the other resorts. Coming back we just got off at the Swan. On our TL day we had to transfer at Epcot and that guy was in no hurry to get anywhere--we were not planning on any more walking but we got out at the Swan and walked that day too. The DD busses were nuts but we managed to get a seat--or at least I did; DH and DS always get up for women.
DH wants me to try to get the BW every trip now, either BW or preferred view. We may go spring break but I can't book until September so I hope I have a shot at it.
Daisyx3

We got the room of a lifetime at BWV this week! It was a boardwalk view studio. We had never done BW view before and yes, we had to walk a ways (in fact we were the third room from the end) but what a view! It was room 4005, which is in the "crest of the wave" section. We had a view of YC, BC, the epcot ball, espn, flying fish, etc. Great view of Illuminations--in fact one picture I have looks like ESPN is blowing up.
I know some people say "who cares about the view we only sleep in the room" but we tour differently now and every night my husband and son got use of the balcony. I would go to sleep before they would and my husband would sit out there and work or watch netflix while my son kept up with his texting. They loved the sounds of the boardwalk and the boats. I liked getting up early when hardly anyone was out but runners.
The condition of the room was fine. We used the pool a couple of days. My son used the gym 3 or 4 times. We got mugs and went to the bakery to fill them. Ate breakfast on our last day at Kouzzina and it was really good! An ESPN lunch was convenient but nothing special. Be prepared to like soccer if you go there for the next few weeks. Luckily we were in a booth and I got them to put the Tigers game on for me.
The only (minor) downfall is the busses. Our MK bus was full but the morning pickup was just for us, not the other resorts. Coming back we just got off at the Swan. On our TL day we had to transfer at Epcot and that guy was in no hurry to get anywhere--we were not planning on any more walking but we got out at the Swan and walked that day too. The DD busses were nuts but we managed to get a seat--or at least I did; DH and DS always get up for women.
DH wants me to try to get the BW every trip now, either BW or preferred view. We may go spring break but I can't book until September so I hope I have a shot at it.
Daisyx3

Thanks for the report!

I originally bought DVC for my mom and I to travel. We both loved BWV. After she passed away in 2005, I went on a solo trip in a boardwalk view room, by that time you could book the boardwalk view. My thoughts were it might be the last trip before I sold my DVC. I had a room very close to yours, loved the view. On the last night, I was walking along the boardwalk, watching the acts and I knew then that I could not give it up. I've gone many times since with friends or solo. I think the thing that made me keep it was that guaranteed view. If it was still a gamble like it was when I originally bought, I probably would have sold.

We are BWV owners who almost always get boardwalk view and we have previously had that room you were in twice as part of a 2BR. We second the thought that view counts and that one is excellent. Glad you liked it. The buses, unfortunately, have consistently been, for all 17 years I have been an owner, a bane to an otherwise good experience.

As for spring break, you should easily be able to get pool/garden view at 7 months out (the spring break weeks, including the Easter weeks, are actually low to moderate DVC demand times and pool/garden view has been open for that time even beyond the 7 month window for the last two years). However, you will need a lot of luck to capture a boardwalk view, and even more if you wnat to try for standard, so do not get your hopes up for either of those. Be aware that there are pool/garden view studios that overlook the Village Green and have a partial boardwalk view, They are above Wyland Galleries. Thus you can get a partial boardwalk view by requesting that area with pool/garden view; note if you do that make sure you also request high floor because the second floor studios there have views blocked by the arches that stretch above Wyland; you can see what I mean here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2357273&highlight=boardwalk&page=34

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter