Just back from Arizona/Utah

CJinMD

Mouseketeer
We just returned from the Arizona/Utah trip late last night. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this trip. Traveling was me, DH, and our boys - ages 8 and 6. We had a small group - 12 total with two guides (our boys were the only kids). I plan on doing a trip report, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!

So glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! I still love this itinerary!

Sayhello

Booked for next year. Would you recommend an extra day on the front or back end of this trip? Also, any packing advice? Anything you wish you would have packed or really glad you did pack? Thank you!!!!

I look forward to your trip report to see the differences between ours last year and this one.

We just returned from the Arizona/Utah trip late last night. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this trip. Traveling was me, DH, and our boys - ages 8 and 6. We had a small group - 12 total with two guides (our boys were the only kids). I plan on doing a trip report, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!
We are excited about this trip. So happy you had a great time. We are going August 14-21 - counting the days. Looking forward to your trip report, suggestions, ideas, observations etc....

Booked for next year. Would you recommend an extra day on the front or back end of this trip? Also, any packing advice? Anything you wish you would have packed or really glad you did pack? Thank you!!!!

We had an early (direct) flight from Baltimore, but I didn't feel like it was too hard to go same day. I wouldn't want to have to worry about getting to a hotel and back again with the kids for just one night if I didn't need to. The last day was LONG, but it was no big deal t get back same day. I didn't want the hassle of renting a car or anything like that. I don't feel it's needed.

We packed pretty light - enough to get us thru until we got to Red Cliffs, and then we did a load of laundry and re-wore some of the same shirts/shorts. The only time we got REALLY dirty was when we did the off-roading (on our own) in Moab. We did pack one "nicer" outfit (and when I say "nicer", I mean - just not a t-shirt... LOL!) that we wore to the farewell dinner. Other than that, shorts, t-shirts, light weight jacket, one pair of pants (I also packed a pair of capris that I wore with my "nice" outfit), swim stuff/water stuff for rafting. But, this would depend on the time of year you are going and if you are planning on doing dinner at El Tovar at the Grand Canyon, which we didn't.

We are on the July 5th departure. Can't wait.

We are excited about this trip. So happy you had a great time. We are going August 14-21 - counting the days. Looking forward to your trip report, suggestions, ideas, observations etc....

One of your guides will be Troy - he is doing this trip all season. He is wonderful!! My youngest REALLY took to him. :)

What do you recommend wearing the first day - We are flying from Orlando, changing Planes in Chicago - I'm usually cool/cold on plane, in airport and on bus, but don't want to be overheated when stopping for site seeing on way to hotel. I may just wear slacks and bring shorts in carry-on to change into if needed but hoping you could provide input. In addition, how much time do we have after arriving at hotel first night and dinner?

What do you recommend wearing the first day - We are flying from Orlando, changing Planes in Chicago - I'm usually cool/cold on plane, in airport and on bus, but don't want to be overheated when stopping for site seeing on way to hotel. I may just wear slacks and bring shorts in carry-on to change into if needed but hoping you could provide input. In addition, how much time do we have after arriving at hotel first night and dinner?
Living in Arizona, your will want warm/hot weather clothes for your first day. If possible you can wear coverups on the plane or pants and switch to shorts or lightweight clothes for the ride up to Sedona. Sweating in 110 degrees right now.

Living in Arizona, your will want warm/hot weather clothes for your first day. If possible you can wear coverups on the plane or pants and switch to shorts or lightweight clothes for the ride up to Sedona. Sweating in 110 degrees right now.
Thanks lucky1!

One of your guides will be Troy - he is doing this trip all season. He is wonderful!! My youngest REALLY took to him. :)
I called our Vacationista, we do have Troy! The other guide is Steph - did you or anyone else following this thread ever have a Steph? There are 20 (so far) on our Aug trip.

We had Troy and Mike. My boys loved them both so much, they were crying in the airport because they were going to miss them! Like I said, they were both wonderful. :) :)

Were there any activities that your 6-year-old couldn't do? Or anything you remember that had an age/size restriction? My youngest is 4 and a real lightweight (only 30 pounds). We wouldn't do the trip for a couple years but I'm just curious if there was anything that smaller/younger kids can't participate in.

Were there any activities that your 6-year-old couldn't do? Or anything you remember that had an age/size restriction? My youngest is 4 and a real lightweight (only 30 pounds). We wouldn't do the trip for a couple years but I'm just curious if there was anything that smaller/younger kids can't participate in.

Nope, nothing a small 6 year old couldn't do! My youngest is a small 6 year old (just over 40 lbs) and he could do everything! The only thing was horseback riding, but that was something you could choose to do on your own time... we did a 4 seater UTV that morning, and he LOVED that!

Reactions: Ava

Do you have any recommendations for activities on the "on your own" times and/or dinners?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!