Just back from BWV

Splash Mountain Fan

Mouseketeer
Just back from a wonderful week at BWV(studio, boardwalk view). We did have an unusual experience, which got me wondering.

One night, toward the end of the week, a family was checking in next door, when all of a sudden one of them opened our studio door with his keycard. Needless to say, we were all perplexed. He was supposed to have a 2 bedroom and they gave him the 1 bedroom next to us and our studio. It seemed to me as I listened to the dialogue between them and the staff that no other 2 bedroom Boardwalkview rooms were available. My question is how does Disney keep this from happening more often? The rooms were not overbooked, just allocated to where his 2 bedroom (1 bedroom + studio) were not together.

:scared1: OMG!!!!! That just sounds incredibly horrible! I would have fainted if someone just walked into my room!!!! Sounds like you handled like a champ~ I'm just in shock after reading this!
If you hadn't had been in your room, would the other family have just wondered who's stuff was in there and called the front desk to report it? There or not when this happened I'm seriously shocked!
~DW:3dglasses

That's unbelievable!

Out of curiosity -- did your key card to your room still work even after they assigned him your studio?

Sounds like a mixup, nothing nefarious, and you took it in stride. Very bothersome that it could happen, but obviously human error with the check in desk.

I agree with CRSNDSNY....I would have gone to the front desk with all the room keys and made sure they re-programmed your keys with a new code.

It happens. At a posh resort in Steamboat, CO I checked into a room and climbed into the shower--when another family let themselves in the door. Double allocation, duplicate key cards and a certain amount of nervous hilarity ensued...

It happens. At a posh resort in Steamboat, CO I checked into a room and climbed into the shower--when another family let themselves in the door. Double allocation, duplicate key cards and a certain amount of nervous hilarity ensued...

And the prize for the best laugh of the day goes tooo...

We all like to be secure in our rooms - that would have made me slightly edgy.

This has been happening more and more often it seems. I think WDW's computer systems are so outdated they're at a critical state right now. I've read about it a few times, and last trip we walked into a room of someone else's at 11:30 at night our last stay. Of course Disney isn't responsible if we were to walk out with their laptop that was sitting on the desk on our way to the front desk to complain. They were prob. out at a club so we at least didn't wake them up. This was at Coronado Springs, btw. They 'upgraded' me for the hassle. Gave me a handicapped room with no tub to bath my two year old that was a little ripe after a 20 hour drive. It had a bigger bed, though.

Ohh Sorry about that , but you looked great.

<G>

Interesting about the mixup, however am I the only person that deadbolts their door every time we go in the room.

I read all these comments about people walking into their room, and I just wonder does everyone not lock their doors behind them. :confused3

I've been given and have walked into an occupied room at Disney, though not with DVC. :scared1:

That happened to us at the Fairmont in Mont Tremblant. We arrived late and were given the room key. The bellman took us up to our room. We walked into the suite,no problem. He walked us into the bedroom where we found a couple sleeping! We woke them:scared1: We and the bellman apologized, went downstairs and were given another suite,this time there were no surprises. It was a gorgeous place and we had a wonderful time. We ran into the couple in the restaurant and had a laugh with them.

Not that all uncommon in hotels. Most computer software hotels use force the clerk to change the status of your reservation from "reservation" to "folio" at check-in. Either the clerk forgets to do this or the computer has a glitch. If that status isn't changed, the computer assumes the room is vacant. So another clerk will then check someone else into the room and guess what...you get a surprise.

It happends. That's why it is a good idea to deadbolt your door at night.

Interesting about the mixup, however am I the only person that deadbolts their door every time we go in the room.

I read all these comments about people walking into their room, and I just wonder does everyone not lock their doors behind them. :confused3

no Sammie there's 2 of us. I always use the deadbolt even if I'm only there 1/2 hr. Had HK walk in once and that was all it took.:rotfl2:

I was wondering the same thing! The only time I don't use the safety lock/chain is when my DH makes a coffee run i the AM - for some reason he objects to waiting in the hallway while I finish my shower, LOL.

OMG!! I would have been a little skeeved out! I'm like Carol - always safety lock except when DH is gone. Which is every night!! He goes down to ESPN and I don't want to have to get up out of bed to let him in. One time I had HK walk in when I was in the shower at AKL - and it was a guy housekeeper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter