Just back from OKW

Dennis the WDW Menace

Mouseketeer
We just got back last night and the trip was great. OKW room was clean and ready for us when we checked in at 10 am on Monday (this has only happened twice before). We asked if they had alot of cancellations and they said they had a few. The parks were busy but not as much as we have seen this time of year before on our other trips. We only had short wait times on most attractions. Not the empty parks that they have been reporting in the paper. Our plane flight was even full on SW. We went to Cirque and it was full, great show but I would not see the same show again.
We did not have a trash and towel day so we did have to call to have them change the towels. Other than that one incident everything was a good as always at OKW. We had another couple join us on Wed. so we called the front desk and they got the lock-off romm next to ours without any problems. I had called a month ago and the lock-off rooms were all taken so they must have had some cancellations.
It was so good to go home and now I feel better about the world. We did fly home with some of the Air Force Para-Rescue troops who are being deployed soon, talked to them for awhile and they all seem ready to go and get something done for the good old USA.
I said a prayer for all of our DVC family at the enterance to Main Street and, believe it or not, several people stood next to me and joined in.
Had a great time and I can't wait till our next trip in Jan.

When in January are you going, Dennis? We will be there from the 20-30.

Thanks for the report! I'm glad to hear you had a good trip and a safe trip home as well.

We were in 3115 which is on the first floor. We got the studio lock off, 3116, for the last two days of our trip.
We did get the mysterious phone call on the last day of check out at about 9:45 am. I had put out the Do Not Disturb sign early in the morning before they left the basket of clean sheets and towels by the door. I asked the housekeeper why they called and would not say anything on the phone, she just looked at me and said nothing, like she did not understand English. I told her that if they call that they should say something because it is obvious that it is them calling to see when we are leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter