Just Back From Vwl

MUDDOG

Earning My Ears
Just made it back from my first trip as a member and had a great time.Was my first as i said and i dont think i could have pick a better resort to have my first stay.I loved the lodge and the way it was decorated for christmas but it would have been beautiful either way.We had dinner and breakfast at Whisper Canyon while we were there and it was truely an experience we wont forget. We also went over to Animal Lodge and had dinner at Bomas which i personnaly didnt like but was worth going just so io know for myself that i dont like it now,have heard so much about it on here but i just didnt care for it. Didnt plan on doing any of the parks while i was there just to relax and take it easy and that was fine for this trip but i want be going back without going to the parks if it is nothing but for a couple of days.
There is one question i do have for all of you that know a little about the VWL. I had room #2544 and i was pleased with the room BUT(you knew that was coming) im wonder if all rooms like mine. First thing i noticed was light switches were low and then noticed ash trays on self. Didnt think a whole lot about until i went to get in shower that night and in the shower there was a seat for handicap. So im just wondering if i was in a handicap room or what? That shower was small to begin with but with seat in there it got a little smaller. Didnt ask no one there cause it didnt cause me a whole lot of problems and i had unpacked everything and to me just wasnt worth changing rooms but looks to me that they would need to keep those rooms open for handicap and not somebody like me that is healthy.
One other thing i did learn on my first stay is that i will be getting a two bedroom from now on.I thought the one bedroom would be good and let my children sleep on the pullout(9,7) but im not wishing that on my worse enemy and if you cant sleep it makes for a bad next day.Not blaming nodoby but myself for that but now i know and ive got enough points that a two bedroom is no problem and thats what ill have from now on.
With that said i would not trade my stay for nothing and SO GLAD I GOT IN DVC WHEN I DID. Was great time cant wait to get back down there. :earsboy:

Sounds like you had a handicapped smoking room. I always verify that I do not have one before leaving the desk after check-in. I am always paranoid that I'd open the door to one.

We love the WL and can't wait until our first villa stay there next year.

Was it the food at Boma that you didn't like?

Glad you had an enjoyable stay for the most part. I always check the room and what accommodations I have before I leave the front desk. But I also have in my profile, when all my reservations are made, what I prefer and I have never had them not met.

A two b/room is wonderful also. Done there done that and it is loads of fun

We were in room 2537 about 2 weeks ago - also a one bedroom. This was not an accessible room and we thought the shower was huge. It sounds like the layout of the bathroom is very different in the accessible rooms.

just didnt care for the food at Bomas and i can eat anything but with that said the place was full and people were eating a lot of it. I got full just a little dissapointed i guess i would say.
In bathroom i had a shower that was big enough to stand in and thats it and seat was also in there
Shower head was type that you can hold in hand,had sink right beside shower and hand railings around toilet.
Like i said i got by this time but ill make sure of several things next time such as the type room and i will be sure to have the two bedroom man that pull out is tough and im not going to make my children sleep on something i wouldnt. I would be better off back at the ALLSTARS than doing that to them again. Once again not complaining just a few questions i had and at the sametime was my first trip and i learn somethings i need to know for next time. Still worth every penny it cost me!!!! :earseek:

Glad you had a great trip!! And welcome to the Dis!

Where do you own? We have done several trips where we rarely visit the parks. What type of activities did you do? We are heading down Christmas and I can see us only doing the parks for 2 days max, because it will be busy. We still enjoy everything else so it would be great if you could give us some tips!

I have to agree that you received a Smoking HA unit. What time did you check in? Im guessing pretty late. It's just a theory some of us have here.

i dont totally agree with late check in as it was around 330 to 400 when i check in and i can promise you late that night when i was in the lobby there was plenty checking in
i just think it was a bad draw on my part and then i didnt make it very clear what i was looking for but i learn a big lesson on first trip so i shouldnt have no problems from now on
once again i still loved it!!

MUDDOG said:
just didnt care for the food at Bomas and i can eat anything but with that said the place was full and people were eating a lot of it. I got full just a little dissapointed i guess i would say.
In bathroom i had a shower that was big enough to stand in and thats it and seat was also in there
Shower head was type that you can hold in hand,had sink right beside shower and hand railings around toilet.
Like i said i got by this time but ill make sure of several things next time such as the type room and i will be sure to have the two bedroom man that pull out is tough and im not going to make my children sleep on something i wouldnt. I would be better off back at the ALLSTARS than doing that to them again. Once again not complaining just a few questions i had and at the sametime was my first trip and i learn somethings i need to know for next time. Still worth every penny it cost me!!!! :earseek:
You are also going to want to learn the term dedicated 2 brm...this way it is not a 1 brm/stuido combo...you will be opening beds again... :rolleyes: . And I am sure as you kids bet bigger they might want a bed to themselves or to bring a friend or two. Hope other than the couple of (minor) problems(and I like to think of them as notes for next year) you had a great trip. :cloud9:

We stayed in a 1BR at OKW in Sept. and the pullout was actually very comfortable. I have stayed at VWL and the pull out there WAS HORRIBLE! I hope they all get the type that are at OKW--it makes a big difference.
Does anyone know aht type of pull outs there are at the other DVC resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter