Just back from Westgate Lakes Resort

musical2

DIS Veteran
I just got back from Westgate Lakes resort. We had a 3 bedroom villa. It has a nice kitchen, dining area, and large living room. The master bedroom has a kingsize bed, large jacuzzi, and large shower area and the usual bathroom amenities. The second bedroom had two queen size beds and a bathroom. The third bedroom was a lockoff with its own kitchenette, jacuzzi, and kingsize bed as well as the usual bathroom amenities. The living room had a bigscreen TV and a wrap-around sofabed. There were two screened in patios each with table and comfortable thickly padded chairs and chaise lounges. Our room overlooked the main pool which made it kind of noisy at times, but not overly so.

The resort itself was large. It was nicely appointed and I would stay there again if given the opportunity. We traded into it through Interval International with our Aruba one bedroom timeshare we own. We were able to get the three bedroom because it was still available within 60 days of our travel date. It pays to wait during the off-season to do the trade.

Westgate Lakes is located across I-4 from Seaworld so it is between Disney and Universal. It is a ten minute drive from Downtown Disney and Universal and only 5 minutes to Seaworld. I think this is an ideal off Disney property resort at which to stay.
I highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to stay there. Just beware of the sales pitch, which we easily deflected. They give you an appointment with your resort representative under the guise of giving him or her your unit inventory checklist and then they give you the sales pitch. Since I already own three timeshares (one in Aruba, one in Williamsburg, VA, and Old Key West at Disney) they knew that I knew about timeshares and I just deflected the sales pitch by telling them they were just wasting their valuable time with me and that I had other things to do than listen to them sell timeshares.

Bart

Hi,

I read ur post abt Westgate resort. I have made reservation for the place next week(dec8) for 5 days. They are offereing me this very low discounted rate of $99 for(4nig stay, 2 Disney tics and coupon) . Looking at the price and the pakage the offer sure does sound very attractive but still don't know what to do.PLEASE HELP ME TO DECIDE.........what would you do in this situation.

If we tell the person who gives the tour that we have a appointment at certain time and we have to be there......do they still keep on going with their hard push. i mean if we tell tham that we only have 90 min and then we willHAVE to leave ..do you think this will work.

This is really driving me crazy to choose................the offer is too good but then can't decide if it is worth spending 2 hrs with those sales men.

Thanks,

Personally, I hate those tours. It is a waste of my time. I am sure Westgate is going to try to put on the hard sell for the rate they gave you. I was there on exchange and they tried to get me in on a sales talk disguised as a customer service meeting with a free breakfast. I just told the guy he was wasting his and my time. But then again, I wasn't obligated to go on a tour so I just didn't. To me the aggravation isn't worth it.

Bart

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter