• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back...Le Cellier Was Awful!

Had our first meal @ Le Cellier in June. We were seated late (it was busy, I can understand that), we were in the corner by the bathrooms (still OK..have a 3 yo), but it took forever to get anything. We were there for close to 2 hrs and we ordered as soon as we sat down. It was OK. I wasn't fond of the steak..I've had much better, tender filets. I had a really good one at Kona and other places. We did; however, love the breadsticks, and chedddar soup. We'll go back for lunch on Xmas Day..just for the soup and breadsticks, but if the service takes forever again..we won't go back.

We were disappointed with our one and only meal at Le Cellier. The food was OK (no major complaints), but we just found the atmosphere to be really lacking. The dining room has the feeling of a large basement with everyone packed in. No atmosphere at all, unlike most Disney restaurants. It was not an awful experience, but I would not make it a point to go back.

We ate there 2 weeks ago. 8 of us. We all thought it was very good our steak was very tender and juicy. The prime rib was good also. The kids loved the moose. Our server was great, very quick and friendly!!

JLS said:
We were disappointed with our one and only meal at Le Cellier. The food was OK (no major complaints), but we just found the atmosphere to be really lacking. The dining room has the feeling of a large basement with everyone packed in. No atmosphere at all, unlike most Disney restaurants. It was not an awful experience, but I would not make it a point to go back.

Le Cellier= The Cellar? :confused3

Le Cellier and Yachtsman Steakhouse are completely different animals. Le Cellier is a casual dining table-service restaurant, while Yachstman Steakhouse aims to provide fine dining. They are really in different classes.

We've been there three or four times.

The steak is good, but it isn't fantastic. It was better years ago than it has been recently - years ago I had a steak almost on par to a fine steakhouse. Of late, it has been "Outback" quality. We will likely go again, but probably won't bother while its the "hot" ADR.

I always cringe when people go with high expectations to any of the WDW restaurants. Its easy to be disappointed when your expectations are high - and its easy even when its no fault of the restaurants (I didn't like Jiko, our waiter was surly and I misordered - the waiter was the restaurants problem. Me ordering things I don't like isn't.) I'd much rather have people return saying "Le Cellier was great. People here say its like Outback, but it was so much better!!!!" Than have them come back saying "I can't believe I spent two hours and all that bother for a steak I could have got at Outback."

StevePSU1 said:
My apologies to the OP...I would like to know if anyone who has been to LeCellier since all of the new kids menu changes, can verify if the kids steak is still on the kids menu?

Yes, the child's steak is still on the menu. We were there last week.

I think you can have both good and bad dining experiences at any restaurant. We've been lucky so far at LeCellier. We've eaten there 3 times and have always had good meals. We've eaten at Concourse Steakhouse dozens of times and this year was the first time we were completely disappointed in our meal there. We also ate at Yachtsman's Steakhouse and although it was good, it didn't compare to Mortons. While we enjoyed our meal at Yachtsman's Steakhouse (3 of us had the Porterhouse), it wasn't the same quality as the Porterhouse at Mortons. The service was fantastic at YS, our server was very attentive.

Our family ate there last Thursday and I have to say that our meal and service was exceptional. We all got the filet mignon. My sons and I got the filet with the mashed potatoes and my husband ordered the filet with the mushroom rissoto. Everything was wonderful. The second best meal of our trip, with California Grill being our favorite. My son ordered the shrimp coctail for an appetizer, but it was not the shrimp coctail that he's used to and he didn't like it. Our server replaced it with the cheese soup, which he loved. I'm sorry for those who have had bad experiences, but this is our third time eating here in 3 years and we have never had a bad experience.

It's too bad Le Cellier is getting so many bad reviews. I was there for the first time back in July of this year with my familly, and we liked it. First we were there for lunch and thought it was just ok. I had the French dip sandwich and was little disappointed. I don't know how to say it except that the texture was kind of "flakey." I expected that to an extent because of how French dip sandwiches are made but not to the extent that it was. When we were there a night or two later for dinner I had my first ever filet mignon and liked it quite a lot. I'm obviously not a steak conniseur if this was my first ever mignon (though I aspire to be one, hehe) but it exceeded my limited experience. I had the chedder soup both times and thought it was good, despite not usually eating bacon. I prefer beef over pork. The pretzel bread was popular with the family, too. My dad didn't care for the French beer he says he had, though I'm surprised he'd drink any at all given his constant insistance that he's "boycotting France." The creme broulee was also quite good. Although my nephew was there, I can't speak for the quality of the child's menu. He's very young and while he'll eat anything, he's not very interested in eating when he could be drawing pictures of pirates. He's only passingly aware of what he has no matter the restaurant.

TinkerbellMama said:
I have to say that all 4 of us dining (not including the baby) were very disappointed with every aspect of this meal. The food was barely passable, the service was terrible, and the price was totally outrageous for what we got. We were on the DDP and STILL wished we had not wasted TS credits on this place. :rotfl: Let's put it this way: my husband said he could get the exact same quality steak at Smokey Bones, and that was the nicest thing any of us could say about our meals. We would not go back.

I agree completely. We ate there last Tuesday evening. I thought the steaks were very ordinary -- like what I would get from Smoky Bones or Lone Star. I did think the smoothy and dessert was very good. I had about 1/3 of my steak left when I left the restaurant with my ds5 who was taking a tantrum and when we came back my plate had been cleared -- my family didn't even bother to stop her because they figured I had had enough of it.

Mr. Snail said:
It's too bad Le Cellier is getting so many bad reviews.

I would not be concerned about the bad reviews. It may make it easier to get an ADR now for those of us who enjoy it. :) We will be having lunch there on our upcoming visit because we couldn't bet a dinner resy.

We have eaten there 4 times in 3 years, and have had sloooow service every time, the first 3 times, the food was very good, the last time, it was just OK, that was our last meal there.

Thanks for the review. Sorry you didn't have a good meal. Le Cellier has always been one of our faves. Our last trip was 2 years ago, so I guess things may have slipped, but we're still looking forward to trying it again in January. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter