Just back, mini-review

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
We flew in to Orlando on Friday morning, it wasn't a "Disney" trip per se, we had a bunch of "house" stuff to get done.

Arrived with plenty of time so we went to Santiago's in Clermont at the foot of the Citrus Tower for lunch. Very friendly and good service, excellent food. I had a Taco and rice, DH had a burrito, refried beans and rice. Too much food, we couldn't finish! Chips and salsa were great. Free refills onm the soda. With tax and tip it came to about $15.

Dinner was at the GF Cafe. I had the shrimp Caesar, DH had Paella. Mine was OK, nothing at all out of the ordinary, DH really liked the Paella. With tax and tip it was about $40. We had a 7:20 PS, and were told twenty minute wait when we arrived. Went to mizners for a pre dinner cocktail and it was all good. :) Nothing on the dessert menu appealed to us, so we headed over to the CG, scored two seats at the bar, had a couple more cocktails and shared a dessert there, it was a chocolate filled cake with white chocolate ice cream--to DIE for!!

Breakfast the next morning was McDonalds at the Crossroads.

Lunch was in the Florida Mall food court.

Dinner was supposed to be noshing around the world, however we stopped off at the Bellevue Room for a cocktail, and it started to POUR. Torrentially. Scrapped the walking dinner idea and called and got a PS for Spoodles. DH had salmon which he said was in the top five meals he's ever had at WDW, I had the chicken and Couscous. We shared teh garlic chile shrimp as an appetizer.

This morning we ate breakfast at Boma. Chef Eddie was incredibly accomodating with my food allergies, and it ws a great breakfast.

Anne

Anne,
Thanks for the post. I love Paella and had no idea it was at the GF cafe.

I may have to make a road trip over there one visit.

Hope the house is going well!

Carol,

It was a "special" I think, not always on teh menu. Spoodles has Paella on the "permanent" menu though :)

Anne

Sounds like it was a nice, quick trip. We're hoping to be able to get a same-day PS for Spoodles in a few weeks. We really want to try it but not sure which day it will work into our schedule.

My DH is a fan of paella, too and will be glad to learn that he might be able to get it at GFC....or maybe we'll finally make it to Spoodles.

Enjoyed the reviews, Ducklite. How's your house coming?

Ducklite,

Yours is the first review of the GF Café's dinner menu I've read. I'm glad to read it. How crowded was it?

The house is coming along nicely. We're delayed due to a concrete shortage, no move in over July 4th, but we decided to go to WDW anyhow :) We'll move in over Labor Day instead.

As far as the GF Cafe, it was about 70% full when we got there aout 7:20, but by the time we finished eating that had dwindled to about 30%. They had part of the back of the restaurant closed off, and I'm not counting that in my %.

The menu is nice but not extensive. Great place for a light meal on a hot day. As far as the desserts, I need to say that the things that did appeal to us were off limites due to my allergies. So do'nt take me wrong, they ahve a very nice dessert menu, just nothing I could have. Had I thought about it, I would have ordered the Cinderella's Slipper plate in advance. My bad.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter