• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back..OKW and BWV WOW!!

BVC4us

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a wonderful vacation at disneyworld. I'll try to write a trip report later but I wanted to mention a few things now.

We own at Boardwalk but decided to stay in a studio at OKW our first night. wow! what a beautiful resort. Our room was immaculate and was located near the check in area. (6225) we got many "Welcome Home"s . I thought the staff at OKW were wonderful...at check in, at Olivia's, at the store and at the pool. I would definitely stay there again.

We had a Boardwalk view at Boardwalk. We usually stay in standard rooms but there were none available at the time of booking. The room again was immaculate and the view was incredible!! we were on the third floor directly above the end of the general store. (3041) The room was ready for us at 12.30. Again, we had a very nice check in person and we received many "Welcome Home"s.

I was nervous about going in the summer as we have always gone in April. Yes, it was very hot but not unbearable. We drank alot of water. I still don't understand why people do not use fastpass. Although, my husband did say if you are just going to one park for the day you want to do as many rides as you can. Perhaps, that's why people stand in lines. We used Fastpass for everything and didn't have to wait more than 10-15 minutes for any ride. Most of the time, it was only a couple of minutes.

We attended the Member Party on tuesday and it was very enjoyable. We were given the two snack coupons for everyone in our party. We enjoyed playing the games and won some stuffed animals. We didn't win the raffle but the baskets looked wonderful!!! AT the end of the party it started to rain. We were stuck there for 45 minutes!! DVC was great and ended up handing out Mickey ponchos to anyone who was still there. That was a nice touch.

We played golf using the DVC discount card. We played at three different courses and they were all in great shape.

We had a great bus driver on the way home from the Magic Kingdom one day. His name was JOhn and he asked trivia questions the whole trip. That was magical...he was so friendly.

All in all, it was a fantastic trip. i still like April better but I wouldn't hesitate to go back in the summer.

If you have any questions please ask.

We are headed to the BWV on August 20. Are they still working on the pipe problem or has it been completed? Thanks. I am glad that you had a great time, we prefer the spring as well.

Maybe it's been mentioned here, but what is a "members party". Is that at BWV? Every week? I leave in 13 days, and want to know about this.

Im glad you enjoyed OKW.
Im dying to eat lunch at Olivas.

The members party is held at Pleasure Island. It is Tuesday nights, in the summer, from 5-7p.m.. When you check in you will get information on it in your Welcome Home packet. I think it's worth going; we really enjoyed it.

Patti3- We were just at BWV 7/27-8/1 on the 5th floor, facing the quiet pool and TOTand we heard some "goings on" below our room. They started about 9:00 am . It didn't bother us though. We took a nap through it .I really wouldn't have notice but I heard it about it in the news letter. It was no big deal. Hope this helps. Have fun! :sunny:

Patti3...the only work we saw was on the second or main floor. It was just on one day.

Were you at the Member party on August 2, by any chance? Big rainstorm at the end of that party, we were VERY close to a lightning strike of the McDonalds clock tower when we left. Our group was in the trivia game.

Yes, we were at the Member Party on August 2. That was an incredible rainstorm eh? Did you wait it out long enough to get the free rain ponchos. i thought that was very kind of DVC. I also spotted 2 people wearing lime green shirts. (I had mine on too) I was excited to think that they might be DISers but unfortunately neither of them were.

No, we waited a bit, but then put on our ponchos and umbrellas and started walking. We were heading to Earl of Sandwich, but were almost to the Lego store when the lightning struck just yards from us. Scared us badly, kids running everywhere. We wound up in the Lego store for a while.

We were the middle, big group in the trivia game, "the Eddy family" for OKW.

"We attended the Member Party on tuesday and it was very enjoyable. We were given the two snack coupons for everyone in our party'

We are staying in a 2 BD villa at OKW on rented points - are we still entitled to the members party and discounts? Not that I feel entitled in any way - we are just excited to be in a villa...but I would like to know what to expect.

TIA

fausz4

Sorry, you would need to show a DVC membership card to get into the party. The room key won't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter