Just Back: PYC Review

denisem

DIS Veteran
Cast of Characters: DH & I (50). His first, I'd dined there yearsss ago and enjoyed it but just never worked my way back there (too darn many new WDW restaurants to try!).

We dined early (6:00 pmish?), no PS's, but the place rapidly filled up as we dined.

FANTABULOUS - if you like calimari and lamb ;) LOL

I'm not a calimari fan, but DH chose Calamari Fritti, so I went along. Lightly breaded, very good, no complaints; but our server (Meriah, the best!) decided our original order wasn't hot enough so brought us another fresh serving. Needless to say, we didn't finish either serving.

Onto the lamb (Angello alla Griglia). We'd both had lamb two nights earlier at V&A's, but we like well-prepared lamb and never have it at home. Shhhh...don't tell anyone, but we preferred PYC's lamb over V&A's (maybe it was the rosemary? Tough call, we'd have to compare them again AT LEAST 5 or 6 more times to be sure ;) ).

Dessert was a special for the day - some kind of chocolate custard w/orange cream topping "thang" served in a demitasse cup. Had to order one of my own as DH declared he wouldn't share. Glad I didn't pass, as it was the perfect small/rich portion to finish a....FANTABULOUS meal.

Kudo's also to the unnamed wine sommelieress (?) who chose a perfect wine to go with the lamb.

Denise < --- slowly gettin' back to real life ;)

Another great review. We haven't eaten there for quite a few years but I keep reading good reviews and we'll have to get over there one of these trips.

Marvelous review!! I've always wanted to go to Portabello's, but I haven't made it, yet. I've always been intrigued by descriptions of the parmesan crusted steak, but your dinner sounds wonderful, too -- especially the chocolate "thangy." I don't suppose that's low carb, is it?!?!?! Just kidding! (Or should I say just dreaming?) Maybe this year I'll have to check it out.

Pat

77 days and counting . . . again

Thanks for the terrific review. :D Portobello's is one of our favorites.

I consider the rack of lamb at the PYC to be the best I've ever had. Also among the most generous: a full rack serving. Many places that serve rack of lamb actually seem to serve a "half-rack", three or four ribs. At PYC, you are serve the full rack.

The portobello mushroom with polenta appetizer is also excellent.

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter