Just back with 7 mos old & 5 yr old, any questions?

Oct 6 02

Earning My Ears
first trip with the kids, it was great, but exhausting! my daughter wants to live at Disney!:p

Hi! Glad you had a great trip. In Oct.2003 we will be taking our 5yo and then 6mo baby for 2 weeks. It will be DD's 6th trip so not planning on doing everything, but taking it slow! I was just wondering if you took a stroller for your 5yo? I assume you had a stroller for your baby? Did you use a sling/carrier? Take advantage of the baby stations? I did take DD when she was 9mo but that was so long ago and I didn't use the baby stations at the parks. Any advice or tips on anything would be great!

Hi, We rented strollers for my 5yo. At first we didn't, but it got very hot and she got irritable. We even rented one at Seaworld. We took our own stroller for the baby, took it on the plane (they checked it before we boarded). It helps if the stroller reclines. I brought a large baby blanket to cover the stroller for naps. I bought a bag that attaches to the stroller that held maps, entertainment schedule, toys, etc. I used a baby bjorn carrier when going from ride to ride, especially for fast moving/shaky rides, ie safaris, tea cups. I only used the baby station at AK, it was the best!! I should have used them everyday. The baby nursed well and we got rested and cool! They have change tables, rockers, high chairs, microwave and everything you need!! plus a large companion bathroom and playroom with tv for your other child. It was a much needed break!! ps I brought pampers diposable bibs and plastic babyfood containers (gerber) and plastic juices and put baby cerial in a sm ziplock, I used the kind with formula added so you just add water. I carried a baby spoon and got cups/bowls from the vendors. I brought a very small diaper bag, or just carried portable wipes and a diaper to the bathroom for changes. Don't bring a big bag! I used a small fanny pack for my wallet and tickets/passes, put the baby in the carrier and left everything else in the parked stroller. Don't forget baby sunblock and a stroller umbrella. The baby handled the trip and heat better than anyone!! 6 months is the best age!!!

Did you bring your own carseats for the plane? Ours are 3 and 4 and we're still debating. (DH doesn't want to lug it).

Thanks!

Dollar charged $5.99/day for infant car seat, that's what we did. I find kids want to move around on the plane even switch seats. I always request the "bulk Head" seats for more room so child can even play on floor by feet. I say don't bring the car seats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter