Just booked our PE seats

jjcollins

DIS Veteran
DW called Virgin this morning to book our seats on PE. The staff were really helpful and nice to talk to. Seats are now booked and we just can't wait.

DW was asked if she'd like to request any special meals - vegetarian etc or if they could do anything else to help.

I must say, this certainly is a welcome change from United. I hope the on-board service is as good as the service we've experienced so far.

jj...... ;)

Just a thought I had when I read about booking seats. We are also flying with Virgin - Feb 03. Are the seats on a 3-4-3 formation? If so and there are 2 + 2 of us flying I wondered what, in your opinion would be our best plan.
1. Either we try for 4 together and then we miss out on a window seat - kids have never flown before.
2. Get 2 + 2 behind/infront of each other and by the window.
3. Have 3 then 1 accross the aisle, that way we get the window but not exactly all together.

What requests do you make on reservation, is this when you ask for childrens meals?

Thanks in advance.

Elaine,
Found a useful link for seat configurations on Virgin from these boards about a month ago. Any way where are you travelling from and is it Economy or Premium Economy? If Gatwick and Economy then there are 2 + 2 seats at the rear rows behind each other (rows 61 to 64), if they use the 747-400 which is quite likely. If you travel PE then all the seats are 2 +2 either main deck or upper deck. The only thing being with the rear seats is that they may not be in the pre-allocation list, as only a certain percent of seats on every flight are available for pre-allocation, but it's worth a phone call to find out. Sorry can't help with the children's meals.
Hope this helps for the seats though.

JJ,
Went PE last year as a complimentary upgrade (on honeymoon) for the outbound journey and had really good service, so much so we've paid extra for it this year!!
Have a great holiday.

Claire :D

Thanks everyone.

Elaine here's the phone number for Virgin 01293 747747 plus a website with the seating charts. As Claire says if they use the 747-400 plane the seats should be 2 + 2 seats.

www.uk-air.net

Hope this helps--good luck

jj...... :cool:

We booked in the 2-4-2 section at the rear as A,C,D,E. I am not too sure that they will let you have 2 window seats for one party of 4 but it is worth asking.

jj - what seat numbers have you got? We flew Virgin PE last August (from Gatwick on a 747-400), but the cabin was different to that shown on UKAirnet's site. We pre-booked and happened to get exit seats allocated (although we didn't realise it until we boarded and, in fact, I didn't think you could pre-book exit seats). So, in short, I am confused about whether to bother booking and, if so, which seats to ask for.

Thanks jj. Ours were 75 A&C which don't even exist according to the Airnet plan. Still, all the seats in PE are pretty good, so we'll probably just take it as it comes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter