Just Bought Kelly Monaghan's New Book "THE OTHER ORLANDO"

P

pixie dust gal!

Picked up the new book! It is GREAT! He does give attention to the 'other' things to do in Orlando. Even though we have been going there for years, this is the first time we will not be 'comando' doing Disney and Universal. So, I needed some ideas on how to spend our down time. Even my 'bestest' friend who lives right outside Orlando didn't know about some of these attractions!!!!

Kelly, if you are reading this, another job well done!!!! You have gone into great detail about other venues that I didn't know about or wouldn't have given a second glance at until I read the details in you book! We now have lots to look forward to! Next time, could you sample restaurants in the area, but not located in the parks, and include some of the favorites???? BTW, both Borders and Barnes and Noble (I got the last book) are sold out of your book and have re-ordered..........

If you are thinking "I have Kelly's Universal Book already".... This book continues past Disney and Universal. A great investment!

pixie dust gal,

Did you get the book "on-line"or were you able to purchase it in a store?

SRRN,

I purchased the book at my local Borders - Barnes and Noble were sold out of them already!

PDG

Isn't it great! I ordered mine from Kelly's website. We are going in two weeks and I keep reading it over and over!!!!!Lots of great information!!!

I have this book too. I wonder who has the time to explore every nook and cranny in Orlando, but it seems like he has. Another job well done! :)

I saw the book at the stands in universal for sale this week, Not sure of the price though.

Originally posted by disnurse
I saw the book at the stands in universal for sale this week, Not sure of the price though.

Actually, that's his other book about Universal Orlando. I think it costs $15.

Pixie Dusy Gal, I'm not only reading but blushing. Thanks for the kind words.

As to restaurants, I dunno. The book is already 400 pages and I'm not sure my waistline could take the strain. I can tell you that my favorite local restaurant is Pebbles, which has several locations (including one near Disney in the Crossroads Shopping Center). Great food at reasonable prices.

Barry made me laugh when he wrote, "I wonder who has the time to explore every nook and cranny." When I first got the idea for the book, I thought "This'll be easy!" The first edition took me a year and a half; everytime I thought I was done, I'd discover something new.

It's true, the Orlando area has an amazing number of things to see and do. It's no surprise to me that people who live there don't know about them all, especially since the local paper, the Sentinel, seems to have it in for the local tourism industry.

Originally posted by Robinrs
You POOOOOR soul! It's a tough job but I guess SOMEONE had to do it... :p
You have no idea the grueling hardships I faced. I moved to Orlando for about three months, January to March, and rented an apartment. It was one of the coldest winters on record. I made a point of sticking my head into the rental office every day and asking, "Is it Florida yet?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter