Just for one more day

yoshimansam

Earning My Ears
Hi, My name is Zak. I have quite a story to tell you all about one of the worst things to happen to me in a long time. It was just another usual day. Get up, eat, then go check out what’s going on, on VMK. So I play like usual and again like usual the connection failed. So I decided to take a little break before I sign back in to VMK. About 15 minutes later when I come back my computer is off. it had crashed. I turn it on. Go to the VMK login. And my login info is all gone. Now you are most likely thinking "Just retype your password and email" well the worst part is I didn’t know my password. It had always remembered my password so I didn’t have to put it in. so I go and TRY to reset my password. I can’t remember anything to reset my password. All hope for me was lost. So I try and try all day to try and remember the things to reset my password. But nothing had come even close. Now that isn’t the worst part.
So I wake up on the next day to make a new account. I open the internet. Go to VMK. My mouth dropped the second the page loaded:sad2:. The words I never thought to see on me screen were there "VMK will be closing on May 21st 2008." My heart split. My chance to make a new account had ended. So the days went by, but I still couldn’t recover my lost password. Eventually all my hope was lost. May 21st came and went. And on the final day for VMK I felt as if a part of me had died along with the closing of the virtual gates. I have no record of what my avatar looked like. No record of my friends. Nothing. It took me a while to stop denying that it was gone but after about 4 months I began to say "VMK is gone, along with the part of my heart that belonged to my friends on that virtual playground". STILL I check and see if the day has come to where they have opened their gates once again. And STILL I am disappointed to see that that day might never come. To all of the people that remember me as YoshiManSam. This is for you, because I would give ANYTHING to talk to you all again. Just for one more day. Thank you all for listening to what I had to say. I have been looking for a place to tell my story to some people who TRUELY miss what VMK was.
Sincerely,
YoshiManSam

Oh dude, that sucks. I'm really sorry :(

I couldn't even be on V.M.K the last day. It was too sad for me. I was on for probably five minutes saying good-bye to the few friends who were on, and then i left.

I heard of some rumor or something about VMK Unleashed.

It's not made by disney though, coming this spring.

We'll just have to see if it's true or not..

Oh you have no idea how much i hope that happens. even if i wouldnt be able to see my old friends again. it would just be the feel of the good old days when it seemed like VMK would never end. and thanks for restoring my hope.

that really stinks. I can't imagine what you thought when you saw that VMK was closing, especially with your password lost and your hopes of making a new avatar gone. It was really hard on the people who COULD play, let alone on the people like you.

I was vanillamickey, if you saw me or something. My BFF was bestdarkfairy.

mikeyandscoobyx2: anything VMK related, made by Disney or not, i wanna check out

Wow... im so sorry! I cant believe that happened to you... I really do wish vmk comes back though, keep some hope. VMK Unleashed would be nice. I also wish I could see all my vmk friends again, I really miss them and the kingdom... and just to think when I logged on when they said vmk was closing I thought it was a joke :( Sadly its not. Maybe someday they may just say "April fools!" and we'll have vmk back. (at least I hope so, no matter how silly that may sound)

I'm sorry about what happened to u. that is a really lousy thing to happen, and u are definitely sharing it with people who can sympathize with u. And also i have to say sorry for flips, who can't ever remember to proof read her post and therefore misspells words and leaves several out on occasion.

Well id like to thank everyone whose responded to my story. im just really glad i was able to share it for the first time with you all:)

I'm sorry about what happened to u. that is a really lousy thing to happen, and u are definitely sharing it with people who can sympathize with u. And also i have to say sorry for flips, who can't ever remember to proof read her post and therefore misspells words and leaves several out on occasion.

Sorry... I did not know it affected people so much :confused3

heyy fellow ex vmkers even though i dont post much i'm still lurking the boards i'm sorry to hear what happened to you yoshimansam btw when is vmk unleashed coming out

i am so so sorry that happened to u i miss vmk very much even thought i did not play it for a few years

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter