just found this forum

OrangeBirdGirl

DIS Veteran
I've been checking out all the other forums on disboards and just saw this one today! I'm so excited. Hopefully I could join in the november challenge. I need motivation.

I have been scrapbooking since 1997. Started with 12x12 albums before there was really a selection of 12x12 paper, so I'd adhere the 8.5x11 on the middle of the page. Unfortunately many years ago I ripped apart my first album and redid it. I sure wish I had that now to see how I progressed.

All my albums are centered around a trip. I try to do a current trip, but I have years of trips that I have to go back and do yet. Right now I'm working on SoCal from Oct 2013. I finished up the DL portion and now working on San Diego. I took a break from scrapbooking for a couple years and just started back up again about a year ago. When I started back up, I started doing the traditional 12 x 12 album style but have added some of the insert pages (like the Project Life style) to be able to get some pages done quickly where it was mostly scenery. We went out to Yellowstone in June (2014) so I will probably do that album next as it was so much scenery so if I do the drop in style for a lot of pages I could get that album done fairly quick.

I have 3 big albums done of WDW so I probably won't scrap WDW much anymore. We are planning on doing the Wine & Dine Half in Nov 2015 so I will possibly do another WDW album after that.

I have done away with a lot of embellishments over the years. I use mostly my Cameo now and just buy/cut as needed. That sure saves on all the die cuts I used to have lying around.

I live in a cold climate so as winter is nearing I'll have plenty of time to work on my albums. During the summer I hate to be cooped up indoors as the majority of the year I am inside.

Welcome!

I have a cameo too and have just spent the past week or so cutting out a bunch of Disney characters for my upcoming pages. I'm not sure I'll do 30 characters at once again but they are coming out great!

I've been addicted to stickers since I was little so I'm not sure I can ever stop using them, but the cameo sure adds some great extras to the pages.

:welcome:

This is our quiet little corner of the boards!!

I have scrapped since 2004 and do 12x12 mainly as the others are just too small and frustrate me. Since I have 3 kids, I try to make sure if it was a family event that I get every kid on the page so I need a larger "canvas" to work with.

I have 3 (and a 4th - coming up) Disney trips to scrap yet.. But the past few years I have been doing my kids' books before they graduate.. poor DS18 didn't get his life book done yet; he had some much sports and school activities... He is cool that it'll get done by the end of freshman year of college. (May '15).

Please feel free to join the November challenge!! We love to have new members join.

I have the cricut and the silhouette portrait. I want to get a cameo but my E2 has to kick the can before I can upgrade again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter