Just got back from Disneyland (for the 1st time) and it was amazing...except for......

Right, that’s my point. It is a lack of wanting to invest in the infrastructure, not concerns about local freeloading.
I think there is concern about the freeloading, but for the amount of money that it would cost to do something seriously effective (and there will always be people trying to game the system, right?), is it really worth their time and money? Apparently, TDA doesn't think so right now.

Actually, my understanding (from a speaker my husband heard at an IT conference) is that Disney did not pay for the WiFi install at WDW-it was the cellular companies. He was told it was cheaper for them-the companies-to build the WiFi system and get people off their data network than to increase their capacity. My guess is that the difference is that you must have a phone to use MDE/WDW fast passes so the success of MDE was contingent upon them figuring this out-whereas DL isn’t there yet with their system (thank goodness). I can’t imagine it was freeloaders-there is free WiFi everywhere now and it’s not like it’s particularly easy to just drive up and hang out around Disney without paying for parking (and it’s pretty easy to make WiFi that doesn’t go far outside a business-just look at Starbucks or most hotels).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter