just got back from disneyland!

goofy4mickey48

It's all in the attitude!
Hi, just got back, had a fantastic time! We usually go to disneyworld,but we were blessed to go to Maui this year,so we decided to try disneyland, we had a great time! While it is not the same as disneyworld in size[ and nostalgia to me] it still was awesome! We stayed at the Pardise Pier hotel, which was great and I have to say the staff there was the friendliest I'd ever encountered, the hotel was beautiful, plenty of room easy walk to everything, downtown disney there is really romantic with waterfalls and lights. I missed cinderellas castle though, being used to seeing it down main street ect., I will write more, as we just got back and have alot of catching up to do..... :cool: see you real soon, goofy4mickey48

hi, sorry it took so long! Just spent 45 min. filling out a report and it got wiped out somehow:confused: Well I'll try again! Day 1 in Annaheim, Dh and me checked into Sheraton cause I had used pionts to pay for a free night through the starwood preferred guest program, beautiful lobby pool ect.. room was ok, a bit worn. the next day we had breakfast at goofy's kitchen, it was great!!! Great selection of food , got pics with goofy, pluto, snow white,sleeping beauty, Genie,hubby told the Genie "all my wishes came true" and pointed to me, isn,t that the sweetest thing!! Then we went to a dodgers game, it was nice to be in the old stadium, being from Cleveland we love Jacobs field, but this had a special feeling to it!{ Dodgers won over Boston 9-6]. then we checked into the Paradise Peir hotel,I asked for a room with a nice view they gave me a pool view room on the 6th floor, near the elevator, when the bell man brought our luggage up he spent about 15 min. with us telling us the special features of the hotel fun things to do etc... I was really impressed!!we then went to Riverside to pick up our daughter and friend which is a complicated story, so I'll skip it .Requested rollaway for friend,got one rightaway, thick and comfy!Next day off to Disneyland YAY!!!!!Forgot to mention first impression of disneyland area at night, very pretty all lit up with twinkling white lights! Well that's all for will write more tomorrow I promise:D ....goofy4mickey48

goofy4mickey48,

We just got back from DL a few weeks ago. We had a similiar reaction to our 1 night stay at the Sheraton (we also used points for our first night). Our room was really bad--clean but really worn looking! I was so glad to check out and go to the DLH for the rest of our trip.

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

hi again! Goofy4disney that is really interesting that you did the same thing we did! I tried to book the disneyland hotel, but it was booked up- how did you like your room there? The room at PP was very nice, roomy with a pull out sleeper chair, pictures of Mickey, Goofy and Donald on the wall, Mickey on the bedspreads, it was really cute!Well ,back to the trip report, we caught the monorail to disneyworld, which let us off at tomorrowland, got a fast pass for space mountain ,and then headed over to Adventureland where we road jungle cruise and Indiana Jones which I really liked, then we road pirates of the carribbean and I must admit it is much better at Disneyland than disneyworld, more scenes more hills more detail it was fun! met the "kids" 16 year olds for lunch at Blue Bayou, I was'nt brave enough to try the monticristo though I did have a few bites of it, it was good but I don't think I could eat very much of it ! I had roast pork loin which I did'nt likeI thought the whole place was overpriced, nice atmoshpere though! My dh said to me" how come you haven't cried yet "cause I always cry from joy at disneyworld, I said ,"don't worry the days not over yet and I have'nt seen mickey mouse,"sure enough next thing i know there's a parade which always gets me mushy and mickey and the tears come! I just feel grateful and happy and carefree!! went on more rides had a huge peice of chocolate cake from the French market and a cup of coffee around 8 or so went on more rides and tried to find a spot to watch fantasmic, got there to late as it was jam packed and I am short so it was a little hard to see, but we still have 3 more days so not to worry:p tomorrow- california adventure:cool: :cool:

day3- today we're off to california adventure, easy walk across the street into a private entrance:D love these perks!walked over to soarin over california, small line so we went in. Great ride, you sit in a seat where yout legs hang over and go up in the air while scenes of california play all around you- it really feels like your flying! then we went to who wants to be a millionair,we did'nt get in the "hot seat" but dd"s freind was on the big screen with his mickey"hands" and ears waving to everyone, they we're cracking up! Got some pics with goofy and minnie, we then went and got something to eat from pilots grill- great hamburgers!After lunch saw tuff to be a bug, kids went on the rapid ride, did some shopping, saw an awesome parade! went on california screamin alot of fun! Did A few more rides and headed over to dowtown disney and rainforest cafe,the food was great, huge portions! downtown disney there is alot smaller, but is has a romantic atmophere,waterfalls ,little outdoor cafes, lights in the trees, Imho, the dd in orlando has more of a "fun" atmophere this one romantic, both are nice!Back to California AD. for my all time favorite The Electric Parade!! I love that parade!! It seemed like they added a little more to it, more interaction very lively and fun! I missed our special "spot" at disneyworld though. When we came out of the park, fireworks were just starting over the castle at disneyland ,so we stood and watched those -a great end to a fun filled day!:) day 4 tommorrow

<font color=navy>I'm enjoying your trip report, so far. I love how you include your feelings for things. :)

Thanks for sharing.... so far ;)

hi again! Judy your welcome, thanks for the reminder;) maryjo, thanks for your nice reply!Day4-Tried to get everyone up for a ps at storytellers cafe, but no luck, so when everyone was ready we walked over to the Grand Californian hotel, what a beautiful place, we just missed breakfast, so we decided to try white water snacks,they had a good selection so we just ate there. Spent some time just sitting by the fireplace and looking in the shops, we did try to see if we could peak into a room- saw one with 2 beds, looked very nice! Daughter and freind wanted to go to his church youth group so we waited for his mom to pick them up. Dh and I walked back over to California Adventure and did some things we did'nt do yet, saw lilo and stitch, learned a few hula dances, it was fun! we could'nt decide what to do for dinner, finally we picked goofy's kitchen again! The food there is great, so much to choose from Dh loved the prime rib, he's still talking about it!:D got more pics, did the macarana with the characters, had a blast! A funny side story, a family was next to us and the older brother kept telling the mom the little girls diaper was down, sure enough she peed in the corner , the mother said let
's go and she left, but the father staid for about 10 min. just sitting there calmy, when he left, I told the waitress ,so they took care of it! One of those things you had to be there to see all the funny parts of it! We heard about the fantasy water show at disneyland hotel so we walked over there, while we were waiting I found some awesome salt and pepper shakers to go with my collection, jiminny cricket on his match box and 2 drawfs, happy and bashful playing instruments!The water show was great! I think this is one of my favorite memories, sitting on a cool night with my dd, wacthing the show and kids, adults teens just dancing and having fun! well one more day........ goofy4mickey:earsgirl:

Tip report last day! Sorry for the length of these reports, I guess once the flood gates opened, I could'nt stop:p Well for the last day, we spent the whole day back at disneyland, enjoyed a very nice breakfast at the riverbelle terrace and then somehow it worked out that we got to do all the rides and things we wanted to do!Sad to be leaving, we really enjoyed our stay here- it was good to experience disneyland ,having been to the "world" so many times. Looking forward to our next trip back to the disneyworld next June!:) hooray!!!!

<font color=navy>I really enjoyed your reports. Your enthusiasm came through. :)

Thank you for a fun read.

Sounds like you had a great time! I haven't been to Disneyland in many years, you make me want to go again :)

Thanks for your nice resopnses! It was really fun at DL and the PP hotel I'm gratefull to have these memories to last me the long cold Ohio winter, as I drive my school bus dreaming of 'next year"!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter