Just Got Back From Our Stay at the HGVC

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
And we had a very nice vacation. Here is a LINK to a little trip report that I posted on the Budget Board.
Any questions? Feel free to ask! :)

Hi and Welcome back Beth!

Wow that was an AWESOME price for the HGVC! It doesn't make me want to BUY a timeshare, but it sure makes me want to have more friends who do!! :bounce: Great report!

Hi!

I am curious to know your thoughts on the Hilton. We have received an offer to stay there and participate in their presentation. We did this last year at Marriott's Cypress Harbour and loved it. Just curious on your thoughts of the Hilton.

Thanks for any info!

Hi DisneyPoly!

Well, you have to understand that we have never stayed at a time share before and have no experience with them. BUT saying that, from what I saw at the HGVC, it really makes me VERY interested in TimeShare ownership!
The HGVC was VERY clean and had ALL of the amenitiies that I could ever think of wanting. From the jacuzzi, to the VCR, to the Big Screen TV, screened in porches, fully stocked kitchen with things like a blender, the beautiful pools and grounds. There is a movie theater that where you can watch movies or use for a private showing for $10. There was a lake. There was a game room and exercise room. I could go on and on. It was just WONDERFUL IMHO.
The only thing that was odd to me was that you did not get clean towels at any point in the week unless you paid for an exchange fee of $7. But perhaps that is how it is with TimeShares.
As I said, I would definately look into it. Of course, what the price on all of this is a mystery to me - and perhaps it is BETTER that way! :rolleyes: :D
If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks BethR.

I appreciate your thoughts. It sounds a lot like the Marriott Cypress Harbour. Although I love to stay inside the Disney Resort, with four children it certainly is nice to have the extra room and we found it was only about a 10 minute ride to Downtown Disney. What we did last year was added on 4 nights at the Polynesian after our Marriott visit. I think I will do this again this year, but staying at the Hilton first.

Thanks again for your input!

Hi, I read your post. I just booked the HGVC for Febraury next year. I will be traveling with my 3 kids and in-laws. Any advise on the resort? I hear the entire resort is fairly new so I imagine that all the areas are nice. I stayed at the Vistana resort this past February so it will be interesting to see ho they compare. I saw that the HGVC has its own movie theater! Did you use it? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter