Just got back....trip report!

bartty

Mouseketeer
We got back on Saturday to horrible heat here in Germany! We had a great time. It was me, DH, DD 3, and DD 18mths. We stayed at Disneyland hotel castle club and it was worth the extra $$! The service was excellent there and all of our needs were met. DH needs ice for his back everynight, not a problem, and DD needs a bottle of milk (they gave us a big jug everynight). The best perk of castle club was the ability to go to the lounge when it gets crazy hot or busy (which it did on friday and saturday) and have drinks. They will even fill your drink mugs to take to the parks. We will definitely be back for christmas!

The parks were great the first few days, lion king was excellent, and then the heat and crowds came! People were not being nice when it gets hot!!! They would just cut you off in lines and while trying to meet the characters... not fun. But thanks to the vip fastpass my DDs got to go on peter pan 4 times in 20 mins!! :)

The only bad thing was we could not find one princess. We were there for 6 days! I asked all the CMs there and kept on getting the wrong info of where they were going to be. We finally waited on our last day for two hours in fantasyland because DDs really wanted to meet them, and when I finally found a CM and asked, she said the princesses are on a different "job" and would not be appearing!!! Talk about a not magical way to end a trip! I would like to write a letter to someone, but don't know who.

We love Disney and nothing will ever make us stop going, but this trip made me realize that WDW is a whole lot better and you cannot compare the two.

As for meals, we had excellent food at Auberge de Cendrillon, Walts, and inventions. We did dine at California grill and it was not what we thought it should be. The inventions buffet was 100 times better! In the Village we ate at Cafe mickeys, rainforest cafe, and the buffallo bills show and they were all excellent!! But we made a mistake and had lunch at Planet hollywood.....the AC was broken it was very very very hot inside and food was just awful!!! I am a fan of planet hollywood but the one in the village is very neglected and someone needs to fix it!

Even with the few missess we still had a great time. Thanks to everyone on the dis with their tips, info, and help!:)

Hi Bartty :)

How was your youngest at The Buffallo Bill's show ?

We are planning to go to this and my two will be 3 1/2 and 17 months.
My oldest boy will love it but I'm a little bit worried about the baby being scared by all the noise etc.

Dh is more worried that he won't be interested in it and will be trying to climb off his seat and run around :rolleyes:

Is the Buffalo Bill show very dusty? It does say that it is not suitable for asthmatics. Our eight year old is deperate to see it but not sure if the risk would be too great.

Sounds like you had a great time Bartty, in spite of some minor mishaps.

Shame you did not see any Princesses :guilty:

Reid

Dee8197 said:
Is the Buffalo Bill show very dusty? It does say that it is not suitable for asthmatics. Our eight year old is deperate to see it but not sure if the risk would be too great.

Yes it is :guilty: if you really want to go take a lot of pills and spray with you.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Thanks Renate
I guess that it will have to wait until he is a bit older then

My DDs loved the show! The little one especially was clapping along and even ate well. Because she was free, she had to sit on my lap..not a problem. It was dusty and a little bit stinky because they do use real buffalos, bulls, and horses!!!! That would never happen in the states! It was a fun show. We got the girls toy guns before the show so they wouldn't get scared and it worked! We got there 45 mins before and got to sit in the first row...worth the wait. It was a lot of fun!

Barrty, thank you for the great report! Castle Club sounds brilliant.

What a shame about the princesses :(

bartty said:
Even with the few missess we still had a great time. Thanks to everyone on the dis with their tips, info, and help!:)
LOL!!! Must get new glasses - thought this read 'mistresses' !!!!
It seems that for the most part you had a super time - planning another??

Thanks for the report :goodvibes Sorry to hear about the princesses but glad you had a great time otherwise.:sunny:
I read what you said about Planet Hollywood with interest, we were undecided about whether to go. I think we will definitely give it a miss and either eat at the London one (we are spending 3 nights in London before our August DLP trip) or wait until we go to WDW again!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter