Just Got Back!!!

Syngrolsch

Earning My Ears
hey
i just got back on Monday! We ran into tropical storm barry while there. We wore rain ponchos most of the time. We spent 8 days at WDW and then 2 days at US/IOA. we pretty much enjoyed our stay except for some glitches here and there.
Anyone have any questions???

:bounce:

How was the crouds at IOA and Us ?
How long did you have to wait in line?
What park did like best between all of them?

I'm interested to hear about the "glitches".
Were these US or IOA glitches ? (were things closed ?)
Or hotel glitches ??? (missing reservations?)
Just wondering
:confused:

hi
For US/IOA, we stayed onsite at the Portofino which after staying
a week at WDW All-stars music was PURE heaven!!!
With the entertainment card I was able to get a rate of 160.00 a night for a garden view room.
So with our hotel key we were able to bypass all the lines.
We went to US our first day and got there around nine which was when they opened. We noticed that during the first hour we really didn't need to use our hotel key for the express line because the regular lines were non-existent. Even MIB had almost no line!!!
But around 11 the crowds started to get a little thicker, but except for MIB i didn't see any standby lines longer than 20 minutes for US.
Now, IOA is a different story( our 1st glitch), i don't care for Roller coasters but my friend does so she wanted to try Hulk, fire and ice. Now, my friend is a pooh size adult and I had read deb's info at http://wdwig.com/ridsiz.htm. But based on my friend's dimensions, we thought we should could ride the roller coasters. I mean she has ridden almost all the coasters out here in Calif.
Unfortunately, much her embarrassment, she could not fit in the sample seats in front of the ride. I am really steamed about this and plan on writing a letter to US because the fact that they have to put the sample seats out for people tells me something. Also, we've been to all the Six flags out here and never encountered this.
But the crowds at IOA really short for the water rides at about 2 hours after opening. Spidey and
Also, the other glitches were with out flight to Phoenix being delayed and making us miss our connection. Thus, it took us 12 hours to get to Orlando from Oakland, CA.
Also, we had some housekeeping problems at WDW. And we had a problem with national car rental not honoring the rate I got over the internet. I mean it was only a difference of 10 bucks but the lady was rude and consending so it ended up being a 5 minute argument which i ended up losing. Ah..oh well....
But despite everything, it was my best vacation ever!!!!!!

We really didn't spend that much time eating at US/IOA
I did have some really great ribs at the resturant right next to the Jurassic park ride. I can't remember the name. You can actually see the ride come down the slide and splash.
Oh and we had a great meal at MAMA's at the portofino hotel.

Sorry this is so long, i should do a trip report.....
:pinkbounc

Trip report!!!

It sounds like you had a great time. I'm glad you didn't let the glitches get you down! Sorry about your friends problems on the coasters, at least she didn't have to wait until she was on the ride to find out she didn't fit in the seats.

Did you go on Spiderman??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter