Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Steins! Steins! Everywhere there's steins!

Continuing on with the pictures in Germany. If you have ever wanted a stein, Germany has one for you. There were steins everywhere and in all shapes and sizes.
DSCF1481 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1482 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1483 (768x1024).jpg

Hum, I'm not quite sure what I was trying to capture in this picture. Maybe.....the fact that it wasn't too terribly crowded? Or maybe the carving above the doorway? Not quite sure.

DSCF1484 (768x1024).jpg

Back outside and paying attention to detail again. Biergarten is the table service in Germany. We have never tried it because, well, we have some that are a bit on the picky side. I've heard that since it is a buffet we would have no problem finding something that everyone would eat. Soooooo, I booked an ADR there for our Thanksgiving, 2017 trip.

DSCF1485 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1486 (768x1024).jpg

And to the right of Biergarten is is is is crap what's the name of the counter service restaurant there. Hold up a sec, I bet that I have a picture of it. There ya go. It's Sommerfest.
DSCF1487 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1488 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1489 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1490 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Let me share my pearl of wisdom!

Let me share my pearl of wisdom!

Every year, in addition to other gifts, my mother gives me $50. For several years now, I've used that $50 to purchase something at Walt Disney World. It's become a tradition. What's the tradition you ask? Pick a Pearl in Japan! Y'all may remember way back when I was actively writing this report, I told you that I had misplaced some of my pictures. I know that they are on one of my SD cards or somewhere but I haven't gone back and searched for them further. I need to because Lacey took some awesome picture and video of our time in Japan. The kids were surprising Jesse's mama with her first pick-a-pearl experience. And she was so surprised and the experience was so awesome for her. She was absolutely hilarious. But, for now, y'all will just have to take my word for it and live with the fact that you have to see the boring pictures that I do have.

So what am I talking about when I said that I would share my pearl of wisdom? I was told way back when that the ugliest oysters have the prettiest peals. I've gone with this theory and have usually ended up with some very pretty pearls and of good size too.

The process begins by going to the counter and purchasing your oyster. They give you a number and you wait your turn. While waiting your turn, you snap pictures. Like this one.
DSCF1491 (1024x768).jpg

Then, when your number is called, you hand over the camera and start the experience. The castmember asks you to pick an oyster. This time, I let my family pick it for me.

DSCF1492 (1024x768).jpg

They tell you to countdown in Japanese. Did you know that 1-2-3 sounds like "my itchy knee"? Seriously, it does.

DSCF1493 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1494 (1024x768).jpg

One the oyster is open, they take your pearl, swoosh it around in water and sand to take the goopy stuff off.

DSCF1495 (1024x768).jpg

Show you the pearl and then measure it.
DSCF1496 (1024x768).jpg

This time, I had a 6 3/4 mm pearl which is the smallest that I have ever picked. Wait a minute! Hold up! Let me rephrase that. This is the smallest pearl that I have ever gotten. Remember? My family picked the oyster this time.
DSCF1497 (1024x768).jpg

The pictures that are missing from my experience are the ones of the guy getting all excited about my pearl, beating out some tunes on the drums and then asking permission to take my pearl around and show it off to the others. You know....so they'll get all excited and want to pick one themselves.

From there, they will ask if you want to purchase a setting which I always do. Mine are in sterling silver because those are the most affordable. Should you decide not to purchase a setting, they'll put your pearl in a small bag that has the date and the size of your pearl written on it. If you do want a setting, you pick it out, pay for it and they'll give you a ticket and a time to come back and pick it up. The majority of my wait times to come back and pick it up were a little over an hour. Once it was two hours because they were so busy.

If you've never done pick-a-pearl, you should really think about doing it. It's a neat experience and a great souvenir that will last you a lifetime.

**Up next: All things World Showcase but mostly America.

So glad to see you back updating!! I noticed you changed your dates this year to be in November, I love it there in the Fall and Christmas seasons.

You have gotten lots of great pics all through World Showcase.

Biergarten is the table service in Germany. We have never tried it because, well, we have some that are a bit on the picky side. I've heard that since it is a buffet we would have no problem finding something that everyone would eat. Soooooo, I booked an ADR there for our Thanksgiving, 2017 trip.

- I have to say that our family Really loves the Biergarten!! I am VERY picky and I always find something good to eat there (I also do NOT like sausage either, so if if anyone fears that's all there is they don't have to worry.

I have never done Pick a Pearl in WDW but I have done it in Hawaii and I agree it is a fun thing and great souvenir of the trip. I love that store in Japan, I have almost always bought something in there. I used to get these things every trip that are Chokin art pieces, things like decorative plates, boxes, etc. Black and gold painted with pretty scenes in the center, I used to collect ones with swans. Last time I went in there they didn't have much there so maybe they aren't selling much of it anymore.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjxs8DT9uPVAhWhyoMKHdYdB1QQjRwIBw&url=https://www.etsy.com/market/chokin_jar?ref=l2&psig=AFQjCNE4V_3fw5XNGUWVJ-Ix1fuRyyxNPA&ust=1503253636487425

Looking forward to reading more!

Last edited:

Glad to see you back. You will love Biergarten. It is a must-do for every trip for us. It isn't just the food -- it is the show, it is meeting others sitting at the table with you. Such a great experience! Are you going to apply for the Mom's Panel again?

So glad to see you back updating!! I noticed you changed your dates this year to be in November, I love it there in the Fall and Christmas seasons.

With both John and I starting new jobs in the past year, I was afraid that our new bosses wouldn't allow us a Spring/Summer, 2017 trip. Of course, after we had been on our jobs for several months, both bosses said it wouldn't have been a problem. We are super excited to go during the holidays!

You have gotten lots of great pics all through World Showcase.

Thanks!

- I have to say that our family Really loves the Biergarten!! I am VERY picky and I always find something good to eat there (I also do NOT like sausage either, so if if anyone fears that's all there is they don't have to worry.

You don't know how much better than makes me feel to have a picky eater's opinion.

I have never done Pick a Pearl in WDW but I have done it in Hawaii and I agree it is a fun thing and great souvenir of the trip. I love that store in Japan, I have almost always bought something in there. I used to get these things every trip that are Chokin art pieces, things like decorative plates, boxes, etc. Black and gold painted with pretty scenes in the center, I used to collect ones with swans. Last time I went in there they didn't have much there so maybe they aren't selling much of it anymore.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjxs8DT9uPVAhWhyoMKHdYdB1QQjRwIBw&url=https://www.etsy.com/market/chokin_jar?ref=l2&psig=AFQjCNE4V_3fw5XNGUWVJ-Ix1fuRyyxNPA&ust=1503253636487425

I love doing pick a pearl. I could go nuts buying things in Japan (or any of the countries actually) because there's so much to choose from.

Looking forward to reading more!

Yay! So glad you've been able to update your trip report!

Me too! I didn't realize how much I missed writing until I started agian.

Glad to see you back. You will love Biergarten. It is a must-do for every trip for us. It isn't just the food -- it is the show, it is meeting others sitting at the table with you. Such a great experience! Are you going to apply for the Mom's Panel again?

Since I'm a travel agent now, I am not eligible to apply. That was one of the things that I had to give up on. But, the trade of is wonderful!

All things World Showcase but mostly America!

Because we had some time before my pearl would be ready, John and I decided to back track to the American Pavilion. Lacey and Hunter went with Jesse's family in the other direction. Quite a few folks were at Block & Hans.

DSCF1498 (768x1024).jpg

If you are on the Disney Dining Plan, you are never at a loss for good treats and eats! Block & Hans had Three different types of pretzels and all were available as a snack on the dining plan. In 2018, alcoholic beverages are also included.

DSCF1499 (768x1024).jpg

The Kidcot stop is just to the right of the main building.
DSCF1500 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1501 (768x1024).jpg

It was hot out and we decided to step into the store and see what wares were for sale. They had a nice selection of wines and even moonshine.
DSCF1502 (768x1024).jpg

Want a "coonskin" cap? They have those too. The colonial style hats remind me of pirate hats sold in the store at Pirates of the Caribbean.
DSCF1503 (768x1024).jpg

Even the stores have decorative theming to their respective pavilion.
DSCF1504 (768x1024).jpg

The store is a bit on the small side so it didn't take us long to see if all. Out we went to the cart that also sold American wares.

DSCF1505 (768x1024).jpg

Across the way is the theater.
DSCF1506 (768x1024).jpg

Continued in next post

All things World Showcase but mostly America! cont'd

We thought about going to see The American Adventure but I had to make a tinkle stop so we moved on.
DSCF1507 (768x1024).jpg

If you didn't know it already, there are bathrooms to the left of Liberty Inn. There aren't too many signs pointing the way so you have to either have a park map or just know where to look. Potty break made, I walked around and took a few more pictures of the area.

Liberty Inn is the counter service restaurant in The American Pavilion. There's a lot of seating inside but there are also umbrella tables outside.
DSCF1510 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1508 (768x1024).jpg

The menu at the time:
DSCF1509 (768x1024).jpg
Fife & Drum is also in the area:
DSCF1512 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1513 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1514 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1515 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1511 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1516 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

All things World Showcase but mostly America! cont'd

For the first time in what seems like forever, there was no line for a funnel cake. I love love love funnel cakes!

DSCF1536 (768x1024).jpg

Agent P's World Showcase Adventure, perfect way to get kids involved in World Showcase.
DSCF1518 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: How do you say Hidden Mickey in Italian?

So many great updates! After all my trips to EPCOT, I did not know that Block & Hans had the Mickey pretzels and that Fife & Drum had some delicious drinks. Both will be on my radar next time.

How do you say Hidden Mickey in Italian?

Once I was done taking pictures of everything in The American Pavilion, we strolled over to Italy. I've never been to the "real" Italy but if it looks anything like the Disney version, I wanna go!

DSCF1519 (768x1024).jpg
It looks like I was intent on getting pictures of every Kidcot stop there was even though my kids have long outgrown them.
DSCF1520 (768x1024).jpg

There was a performance just finishing up when we got there.
DSCF1521 (768x1024).jpg

For those of you who don't know, there's a hidden Mickey right behind Neptune's fountain.
DSCF1522 (768x1024).jpg DSCF1522 (768x1024).jpg

As y'all know, I can't locate some of my pictures so I borrowed the next two from the internet so that I could point out the hidden Mickey.
italy1.JPG

italy 2.jpg

After spotting this Mickey, we walked around the rest of the area.
DSCF1527 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1526 (768x1024).jpg DSCF1526 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF1523 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF1523 (768x1024).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF1524 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF1524 (768x1024).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2
How do you say Hidden Mickey in Italian? cont'd

Tutto Italia is another table service restaurant that we have never tried.

DSCF1523 (768x1024).jpg

The menu looks really good though.
DSCF1525 (768x1024).jpg

It was hotter than hecka decka by this time and we were ready to duck into one of the stores to cool off. This store had a large assortment of individual chocolate.
DSCF1528 (768x1024).jpg

There was also some bagged candy and cute Donald Duck merchandise.
DSCF1529 (768x1024).jpg

The wines assortment is pretty large as well.
DSCF1530 (768x1024).jpg

We didn't find anything that jumped out and yelled "buy me" so we went back out into the Florida sunshine.
DSCF1531 (768x1024).jpg

The flowers were absolutely beautiful! I am always in awe of the flowers at Walt Disney World. You know that they are constantly doing upkeep to keep them so pretty.
DSCF1532 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1533 (768x1024).jpg

And a look across the lagoon. Ahh what a pretty site!

DSCF1535 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Let's go over henna!

Loving all the trip report updates! Mitchell enjoyed looking at all of your pictures over my shoulder. :magnify: Thanks to you, he is now very interested in visiting World Showcase!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I love the flowers too. In late june most of the stuff from the festival was gone and it looked so strange and naked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter