Just home from OKW & SSR...

schatterjee

Mouseketeer
We had never stayed at either before. We own at BWV and we actually traded in for these two weeks. Here was our take. We really liked OKW for the space but we missed not being able to walk to anything - if that makes sense. We had a car and I was glad - although I like a car at BW also. The space was wonderful but here's my big complaint. The tile floors were filthy. Not just like they didn't do a great job in between us and the last guy but like seriously dirty. While the "rest" of the unit felt clean I was grossed out by the floors and did the best I could to clean them. Housekeeping doesn't get nearly enough credit - if it's not good it colors your perception of everything!
Our unit was #6430.

After all the negative stuff I had read about SSR - we really liked it. The room was perfectly clean I missed the extra seating in the living room and on the deck but we had a nice view of the lake and fountain and I felt like overall it was nicer than OKW. We also liked being able to walk to DTD. Our unit was #5221 in the Paddock and I didn't feel like it was too far away from the pool or DTD. We like Artist's Palette better than the options at OKW but thought the staff was super at both locations.

All in all we still really like the location of BWV but being able to trade in for two consecutive weeks in two bedrooms makes me think about those maintenance fees....

And let me be sure to say we had a great trip. The complaints are based on fairly anal standards and even with that everything was very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter