Just Horsin' Around June Exercise Challenge

GrandAdmiralStrife has now reached Cantering Red! Congrats! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Disney produced a movie about one of the greatest racehorses of all time, Secretariat. While filming Secretariat, four horses were used as the star of the movie. One of these horses went on to live life on a ranch in a beautiful mountain setting. Here's a clip about life for one horse after being a Disney Star:

55 new minutes - a walk on Saturday and softball at a cookout yesterday (which I estimated as part of the game time, since it's kind of on-and-off)

465/600

(I'm about 15 minutes behind pace, but with still a week to catch up, I'm hopeful!)

I'm happy to announce two new color changes to start off our week. Twilight Sparkle and PollyannaMom have both reached at least 75% of goal and Racking Pink! :ccat::ccat::ccat:

And our team is only 582 minutes away from 90% of goal. We can do that, right?!

The best place to see horses at WDW is at Tri-Circle D Ranch at Fort Wilderness Resort. They offer pony, trail, carriage, and wagon rides, and during the holidays, they even offer "sleigh" rides. Or you can just explore the facilities, see the horses, and watch the blacksmith/farrier at work. Complimentary 30 minute guided tours are offered at specific times.

Here's a very brief look at Tri Circle D Ranch:

This video gives you a tour of the barn (the design is fantastic and the place is so clean!) and an up close look at some of the draft horses. At times, you can hear a bit of the horse museum's recordings playing in the background:

And here's a longer, much more in-depth lesson on the care and keeping and the work of the horses at the ranch. You'll also meet one of the horses used for the Headless Horseman event at Fort Wilderness:

If I were a horse, I would definitely want to be a Disney horse! Also, I think I just found my dream job. Sadly, I don't live in Orlando.

I don't know about you guys, but a stay at Fort Wilderness and a day set aside for taking advantage of the resort offerings is now on my bucket list.

Congrats to sophy1996 for reaching Cantering Red!! :dance3:

No Disney horse list would be complete without Horace Horsecollar:

images

Horace is a friend of Mickey's. He appeared in Mickey Mouse cartoons from the late 1920s to early 1940s, often appearing with his girlfriend Clarabelle Cow. He also appeared in comic books and had various cameos in other Disney movies or tv shows. Horace (and Clarabelle) can sometimes be spotted in the parks, including an appearance in the Christmas parade at WDW. This video provides an interesting look into Horace's history and his turbulent connection to Clarabelle and Goofy:

I have been taking it easy for the last couple of days. I am having some tendon issues in my right foot/ankle. I have had it before so I know I just need to rest it and wear my brace. It is doing much better so i am hoping to slowing add more time in again starting today, if the rain holds out this afternoon.

Monday 25 minutes
Tuesday 25 minutes

1668/1350

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!