Just in case . . . would appreciate recommendations!

This is discussed to death in other threads on the board, but, very very briefly, WDW's new policy is there is no more Do Not Disturb hanger for your door. It was replaced by a Room Occupied hanger. The difference is that now, if you haven't had housekeeping for 24 hours, they will send someone to your room to check on it/you. But if you have had housekeeping--as I found out from the CM who telephoned me earlier this afternoon--then no one else will bother you.

If you turn down housekeeping, this could be a problem, but if, like me, you always get housekeeping, I think it's a nonissue.
I was aware of the policy but did not put it together with the acronym - thanks!!

Stayed over NYE at CSR-non issue even with us sleeping late, the door hangar thingy worked. If you read the fine print of nearly every quality hotel they have the policy to reserve the right to enter the room at any time. so did Disney-it is just more out in open now. When we moved to DS Doubletree suites DH accidentally left the do not disturb hangar on door all day (he had work to do in am when DD and I hit a park) and housekeeping didn't come all day. Was actually a bit miffed he left the sign out as I didn't get my coffee refilled! This is one Disney Spring resort with no resort fee. Took the MK shuttle in am that day-only thing to note is the DS hotels drop you off at TTC, not front of MK.

What about the Sheraton Vistana properties? Or one of the Disney Springs hotels?

ETA: Also, have you considered a townhouse or condo? This would open up a whole other stream of possibilities!
I have always love staying at villas but after staying at Sheraton Vistana Resort last September I am sold on that place. No private pool but the location was so perfect if you're also doing the Uni/SeaWorld parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter