Just joined Weight Watchers

I had a good experience weighing in after my first week on Freestyle-down 6.8lbs. I am less than 8lbs from my goal weight, but always tried to maintain around 3-5 under, so have a ways to go. Certainly don’t expect to have weight losses of 6+ every week!

Glad to find this thread. I made Lifetime in 1999....well, a lot has happened since then. I went back in 2005 after having a baby, lost the baby weight, but in the past few years put it all back on while dealing with my dad's terminal illness. I ate comfort food to cope, and things got out of control.

Lost dad a few years ago and I really haven't taken care of myself since. So I rejoined in May, and I am LOVING the Freestyle program. I remember when bananas were two points - now they're zero! I'm doing really well, and hit a 20 pound loss already which is honestly REALLY fast. The first few weeks I did see massive losses, but major changes will do that, I guess. I banned all things Frito Lay from the house, and cut way back on carbs, sugar, and those extra glasses of wine. Started moving more and eating less, and tracking everything.

I am a little worried of losing control when we take our Disney trip next August. :) But I will cross that bridge when I get there!

I know, isn’t nice not to obsess over whether your chicken breast is 4 or 5 ounces?
You’ve made wonderful progress-I have another 12-15lbs to go, but it will be wonderful not to start the holiday season already overweight!

I am on it too. went on in 2009 and lost 34 pounds. Slowly gained them all back plus about another 8. Been on WW this time for about 6 weeks and lost 9 pounds so far. Lost a bunch the first 2 weeks (8 pounds the first month and then just 1 pound the past 2 weeks). I remember it doing this last time too. It should pick up again soon. I aim to lose another 15 pounds total by Oct for our vacation (1 night at WDW and 8 night cruise and then 1 night at HHI). I will enjoy on vacation and then come home and go back to healthy eating.

Last edited:

Glad to find this thread. I made Lifetime in 1999....well, a lot has happened since then. I went back in 2005 after having a baby, lost the baby weight, but in the past few years put it all back on while dealing with my dad's terminal illness. I ate comfort food to cope, and things got out of control.

Lost dad a few years ago and I really haven't taken care of myself since. So I rejoined in May, and I am LOVING the Freestyle program. I remember when bananas were two points - now they're zero! I'm doing really well, and hit a 20 pound loss already which is honestly REALLY fast. The first few weeks I did see massive losses, but major changes will do that, I guess. I banned all things Frito Lay from the house, and cut way back on carbs, sugar, and those extra glasses of wine. Started moving more and eating less, and tracking everything.

I am a little worried of losing control when we take our Disney trip next August. :) But I will cross that bridge when I get there!
I was looking on the Disney dining app and it seems like most places have healthy or at least healthier options. Grilled chicken, salmon, salads etc. This was a relief to me.

I was looking on the Disney dining app and it seems like most places have healthy or at least healthier options. Grilled chicken, salmon, salads etc. This was a relief to me.
Yes, I think there are many more choices now-my husband and I were there in April and we shared a lot of things-especially desserts. It was more that it was hot, though, than I was trying not to gain weight.

Ok, here’s a 0 point lunch I have been enjoying-a couple good spoonfuls of fresh salsa, black beans (I use about 1/2 cup-even though they’re “free”) and leftover corn from the cob-I have also added tuna. It’s very filling and the flavor from the salsa is enough so you don’t need any dressing.

Now down 11.5 pounds. Yay!

DD made me healthy pancakes. Used chocolate whey protein powder, egg whites and bananna and sprayed griddle with coconut cooking spray. They werent bad.

Another thing i have been eating to fill the snack void. Sit with bowl of cherries or grapes. It helps with the need to munch.

Hi Everyone!! I joined (again) 6.30.18 and since then I'm down 13.8 lbs! Each weigh in I have this talk with myself beforehand of do not be depressed on hard on yourself if you are up a little... it's the start of a new week and you are finally getting the swing of this. One day at a time! I'm trying to look at things so differently than just losing weight. My health is the major reason plus the whole I'm scared I'm not going to fit on a ride thing :headache: I'm so excited to see we have a place to talk here too!!!

I re-joined in Feb and have been doing quite well... lost close to 37 lbs and am just at my first goal of being under 200 before heading to DL for my birthday... I have to get my act together though because I am bored of the foods I am eating. I know when this happens I will start slipping and then it will go downhill from there...

For lunch today I have a green salad with some taco flavored extra lean ground beef a little mango salsa and a spoonful of light sour cream.... I also got some small wraps and I have one made for my dinner before my second job... I put some low fat cheese spread, a couple slices of turkey breast and rolled it up...

What are your go-to lunches?

Lunches are tough-I’ve made egg salad with dijonaisse instead of mayo, Hebrew National has a reduced fat hot dog for 1pt that I like-roll adds another 3pts and I add snap peas, carrots and fruit. I have individual bags of chips for 3pts. I’m going to make vegetable soup tomorrow and add our leftover chicken from tonight. I can be a little pointy on lunch because my dinners are 0 points 5 nights out of seven.
You’re right-once I get bored with meals it’s easy to make poor choices-I haven’t really dipped into my 35 extra points yet-are any of you using yours consistently and still losing?

Lunches are tough-I’ve made egg salad with dijonaisse instead of mayo, Hebrew National has a reduced fat hot dog for 1pt that I like-roll adds another 3pts and I add snap peas, carrots and fruit. I have individual bags of chips for 3pts. I’m going to make vegetable soup tomorrow and add our leftover chicken from tonight. I can be a little pointy on lunch because my dinners are 0 points 5 nights out of seven.
You’re right-once I get bored with meals it’s easy to make poor choices-I haven’t really dipped into my 35 extra points yet-are any of you using yours consistently and still losing?

I don't use mine every week.. but I do allow myself one meal every other week usually and use them for that. I find if I know that I can have a treat out for dinner or a drink then I don't feel the need to eat crap.

What I do like about WW is you can eat anything you want as long as you plan around it... I don't usually feel deprived of things except the other night I was hot and cranky, didn't have a list for grocery shopping so I wandered around the store frustrated.. got some stuff but didn't want to cook when I got home and had a melt down LOL... Felt stupid afterward but that is when I realized I was just tired of eating the same foods... and Need to get my act together and mix it up..

I work 2 jobs so I only get Sundays off. Before summer came it was easier, I would meal prep Sundays and have a plan. Now that it is so nice out I want to go out and do things on my day off so the meal prep sort of went out the window...

Check out a website drizzlemeskinny.com for some great ww recipes. I’m making the tomato sauce tomorrow and will make the spinach artichoke potatoes this week. Also her 0 pt ranch dressing. The author is a longtime ww member and was concerned when the program changed last December-because she doesn’t like 99% of the 0 point foods! She’s working with the program though, and I really like alot of her recipes.

May I ask what you typically have for dinner?

I re-joined in Feb and have been doing quite well... lost close to 37 lbs and am just at my first goal of being under 200 before heading to DL for my birthday... I have to get my act together though because I am bored of the foods I am eating. I know when this happens I will start slipping and then it will go downhill from there...

For lunch today I have a green salad with some taco flavored extra lean ground beef a little mango salsa and a spoonful of light sour cream.... I also got some small wraps and I have one made for my dinner before my second job... I put some low fat cheese spread, a couple slices of turkey breast and rolled it up...

What are your go-to lunches?

Wow, 37 lbs, that's great! I totally understand about getting sick of the things you eat. I don't have a typical lunch yet, as I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. It usually involves a hard-boiled egg (which I really like and ate pre-WW) and fruit. I really struggle because I'm a carb girl! I love all things bread and pasta (and those points add up)!! That makes the program challenging for me, but I'm still trying to work it out.

Summer is so easy because most nights I marinate chicken, pork tenderloins, turkey tenderloins and we grill them. Turkey burgers at least once a week and we loved steamed shrimp and salmon. Corn on the cob and a green vegetable and that’s it. I’ve been cutting cherry/grape tomatoes in half, slicing up half a sweet onion, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with one of those salt free seasonings-roast at 450 til blistered. I use it as a sauce for chicken and turkey. Watermelon for dessert. I’m not missing potatoes or bread with dinner because of the corn-if I have bread it’s usually at lunch.
I’m going to get a little more adventurous this week-I have some recipes earmarked from Drizzlemeskinny-there’s a potato spinach and artichoke recipe I’m going to try for lunch this week. Remember, pasta is only 5pts per cup, and if you use the 99%ff turkey and 0 pt sauce, you’re still pretty low in points.

Wow, 37 lbs, that's great! I totally understand about getting sick of the things you eat. I don't have a typical lunch yet, as I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. It usually involves a hard-boiled egg (which I really like and ate pre-WW) and fruit. I really struggle because I'm a carb girl! I love all things bread and pasta (and those points add up)!! That makes the program challenging for me, but I'm still trying to work it out.
me too but pasta and potato. I've been doing hard boiled eggs too. Lots of raw veggies with light ranch dip and lots of fruit. I do sliced deli chicken breast too.

Sancks...I like dark chocolate covered almonds (but they are pretty much a point each...eek), salt and vinegar almonds, and Halo Top ice cream. And more fruits. Pickles are good too.

Dinners...I make a lot of grilled chicken breasts and veges (no potato). Salad, brussel sprouts, asparagus, green beans, carrots... I have also made steamed shrimp and salmon. We also do Hello Fresh and it's not great for WW so I just eat half my portion and I try not to select the pasta dishes or the ones with bread (like burgers or tacos).

Thanks to both of you for the ideas! I'll plan more chicken or fish and veggie dinners. I've also been having sugar free jello with ff whip cream to help my after dinner sweet tooth, and this has worked well for me!

One of the WW handouts had an idea for sugar free vanilla pudding-add a couple tablespoons of pumpkin purée (0 pts) to the serving and dip apple slices in it-I thought that sounded good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!