Just needing reassurance re: DI&S

I just wanted to add on to my earlier reply that we are a family of 5 and were in the Parlor Suite A (two separate room suite) at Desert Inn. 3 kids 10 and under. Our nightly pre tax rate was $113! That was one thing I now remember-seeing the bill at check out. It was such a horrible stay, but when I saw that bill I felt a bit better.:lmao:

Still will never stay there again, but I will never see a check out bill at disney so cheap ever again either.

I returned a few weeks ago from a 6 night stay at Desert Inn & Suites. We had 5 adults in a C2 Parlor Family Suite (2 bedrooms with 2 queens each, 1 sleeper sofa in the front room, 2 bathrooms.) I would TOTALLY stay there again. I'd describe it as "a nice motel." It's not fancy, but the rooms were very clean, the price was right, and the location CANNOT be beaten. From our door to bag check was about 6 minutes (now the time THROUGH bag check was a different story each time - please fix this Disney!) I thought the beds were comfortable - the whole suite was recently redone. The only two quirks that were mildly annoying were that the front room with the sleeper sofa in it was TINY. You can open the front door with the sleeper sofabed out, but it's a tight squeeze to walk around in. Also, our fridge was kind of overexerting itself. By Day 3, our milk inside had completely frozen. So we had to have dry cereal the next few days but oh well.

We didn't use the breakfast facility or the pool or really anything else EXCEPT our room. I think if you are the kind of person who's going to spend ALL your time in the parks or in downtown disney or something, then it's GREAT for the location and the price. If you like to lounge around and have nice/luxury amenities at your hotel, then it probably isn't for you.

I also think those C2 rooms are great for large groups. Yeah some hotel rooms can sleep 6 people in one room, but if they only have ONE bathroom then that's not an acceptable ratio for me. (Especially if your group includes a lot of women who take more time in the shower ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts