Just Returned

b0m5jgr

Mouseketeer
Hi to everyone, just returned from our Disney Cruise Nov 10-17 our of N.Y. Weather leaving was a little chilly so it wasn't till about Monday where you can feel it getting warmer. We reached Castaway Cay it was about 85 but very windy, so no stingray feeding, parasailing, jet ski, so it was basically hit the water and we hung our in our Cabana #12, had our barbeque food, missed the one thing I wanted the most was a Castaway Cay t-shirt, but did some shopping in the smaller shop. Then on to WDW again about 85 more people than expected and going thru Customs they need more people for that. Went thru our 3 V.I.P. fast passes in no time so nothing left after checking to try and get more. Have a suggestion Disney somehow should have a day between Castaway Cay & WDW because your tired from being on the island, then getting up early to catch the motor coach to WDW your already tired. As for the Cruise the service was great, food excellent and everything else that goes with it. Concierge service (1st time) can't say enough good things about that. Your waited on hand & foot unreal. But also had some family issues which would take me all day to explain. Overall great cruise, love to do it again.

Hi, just wanted everyone to know if It wasn't for Castaway Cay which was great even though we didn't get to feed the stingray's. And the staff including Concierge staff. We spent too much time doing almost nothing. WDW was a bust, you would think a 10yr who has never been to WDW would want to do & see as much as possible in the 1 day we had there, but in 3 HOURS she was done. We went on 3 rides on in MK didn't go anywhere else except back to the ship. I had more energy at 70 then a 10 yr old. My stepdaughter doesn't like crowds and it was the wrong place for her to be. So I made the biggest mistake thinking they would want to stay longer than that. My wife who also never was to WDW needed a wheel chair to get around (no scooter available) and she had problems getting in and out of the 3 rides so she was done also. The cruise was great although we only ate at each themed restaurants 1x each the rest we ate in our room. Again stepdaughter & granddaughter don't like too much noise so another mistake didn't go to any shows other than 1 movie "The Nutcracker" didn't take full advantage of the ship, so for the money I spent in total it didn't turn out like I thought.

Hi, just wanted everyone to know if It wasn't for Castaway Cay which was great even though we didn't get to feed the stingray's. And the staff including Concierge staff. We spent too much time doing almost nothing. WDW was a bust, you would think a 10yr who has never been to WDW would want to do & see as much as possible in the 1 day we had there, but in 3 HOURS she was done. We went on 3 rides on in MK didn't go anywhere else except back to the ship. I had more energy at 70 then a 10 yr old. My stepdaughter doesn't like crowds and it was the wrong place for her to be. So I made the biggest mistake thinking they would want to stay longer than that. My wife who also never was to WDW needed a wheel chair to get around (no scooter available) and she had problems getting in and out of the 3 rides so she was done also. The cruise was great although we only ate at each themed restaurants 1x each the rest we ate in our room. Again stepdaughter & granddaughter don't like too much noise so another mistake didn't go to any shows other than 1 movie "The Nutcracker" didn't take full advantage of the ship, so for the money I spent in total it didn't turn out like I thought.
Sorry to hear the trip was such a disappointment. :(

It is very easy to get overstimulated and exhausted quickly.

My DD was a bottomless pit of energy at home. She never napped or slept through the night or sat quietly and played. She was a climber and a runner. She had a Houdini like super power to get out of car seats, high chairs and strollers. So when she crashed and burned after lunch I checked her for a fever. It is, to this day, the only place that tired her out. I took pictures as proof it was possible.

However, that is the beauty of WDW. It is simply too much to do in one day so you need to plan multiple trips (or a lifetime of trips) to be able to truly enjoy it. I now know to not push myself past three hours in a row and to break the day up with a table service lunch for AC and quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!