Just starting my DVC research

And remember that if DVC figures out a way to stop all the point brokers, you'll need to rent out your points yourself.

Is there a site which lists the contract end dates for each resort? I would at least like the option to sell my contract in the future if I need to but I'm guessing once some of these contracts get under 20 years remaining they might be hard to unload.

This sticky is near the top of all 4 DVC forums and has quite a bit of information about each resort including expiration dates as well as some historical information: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-dvc-resource-center-updated-november-2018.3655476/

But Expiration dates are:
OKW non-extended, VB, HH, BWV, BRV and BCV - 2042
SSR - 2054
AKV and OKW extended- 2057
BLT and VGC - 2060
Aulani - 2062
VGF - 2064
PVB - 2066
CCV - 2068

"buy where you want to stay" is a good advice to be given on the Internet, because it is on the conservative side of things. But it's not always the best advice for everyone. I've bought cheap SSR points and I've stayed over 6 years in a multitute of different resorts. The keywords are knowledge and above all flexibility, with your travel dates, resorts and views.
After spending a lot of money, many people want to stay at their favorite resort at the time of the year when they can travel. It is difficult to fault that.
But it's not true for everyone. I book at 7 months and stayed at most resorts. I can travel mostly in off DVC season and with the right strategy I've been able to book everything I wanted. Sure, when traveling during high request times (like marathon week end), I've stayed at OKW and SSR, but I'm lucky I liked both. To be honest, I have yet to find a resort I dont' like or one where I would stay every vacation for the next 50 years. Each one has its own pro and con. For some, staying at SSR feels like torture, they better buy the resort they like and book at 11 months. Others appreciate the flexibility of a system with multiple resorts, they better buy the best bargain and spend some time to acquire the knowledge to get the max of their contract.

Last edited:

"buy where you want to stay" is a good advice to be given on the Internet, because it is on the conservative side of things. But it's not always the best advice for everyone. I've bought cheap SSR points and I've stayed over 6 years in a multitute of different resorts. The keywords are knowledge and above all flexibility, with your travel dates, resorts and views.
After spending a lot of money, many people want to stay at their favorite resort at the time of the year when they can travel. It is difficult to fault that.
But it's not true for everyone. I book at 7 months and stayed at most resorts. I can travel mostly in off DVC season and with the right strategy I've been able to book everything I wanted. Sure, when traveling during high request times (like marathon week end), I've stayed at OKW and SSR, but I'm lucky I liked both. To be honest, I have yet to find a resort I dont' like or one where I would stay every vacation for the next 50 years. Each one has its own pro and con. For some, staying at SSR feels like torture, they better buy the resort they like and book at 11 months. Others appreciate the flexibility of a system with multiple resorts, they better buy the best bargain and spend some time to acquire the knowledge to get the max of their contract.

That is a good point you could also buy half SSR and half say BCV. You book at BCV to lock up your reservation and then come 7 months see what is available and can substitute the SSR points. If doesn't work out can always rent out your SSR and purchase rentals from here or brokers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!