just weird thoughts on wearing masks

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I was just thinking how safe, healthy, sanitary, it is to be forced to wear a mask for 8 to 12 hrs a day--

first your breathing in all the little fibers of the mask--

to which your breathing the same air in and our all day

this alone cant be healthy or sanitary

people talk about the airplane air thats been recycled this from a mask isnt even recycled--its just the same old stale air

Im thinking in a few years from now it will come out how many people have breathing problems by wearing masks

also I still cant see in this day and time with all the brillant minds ,science medicine, technically how this whole thing got so messed

up--would would have ever thought the whole world would be shut down!!!!

I was just thinking how safe, healthy, sanitary, it is to be forced to wear a mask for 8 to 12 hrs a day--

The correct virus mask will not have little fibers to breath in. But I agree with you because most people aren't wearing the "proper" masks.

Maybe someone can help me out but last week when I wore my mask for my infusion which all total is about an hour to an hour and a half, I noticed what I'm calling a "mask" rash when I took it off when I got in my car. The rash went away in a little while but it was kind of creepy. I've been wearing a blue dust mask (not cloth) every week when I go to the hospital and this was the first time my whole face under the mask broke out in a rash???

people talk about the airplane air thats been recycled this from a mask isnt even recycled--its just the same old stale air

Im thinking in a few years from now it will come out how many people have breathing problems by wearing masks

also I still cant see in this day and time with all the brillant minds ,science medicine, technically how this whole thing got so messed

Do you honestly believe no one ever wore a mask until a few weeks ago? Doctors, nurses, construction workers, et al??

No one cared until you (general you) were affected.

How do you figure that when you are wearing your mask you are just breathing in the same air. Unless you have a perfect seal around the mask and the mask itself doesn't have any "holes" in it, you are NOT breathing the same old air. You breathing the air in front of your mask and what comes in the sides, it's just *hopefully* slightly filtered.

There is just so much wrong with this post I’m not even sure where to begin.

Do you honestly believe no one ever wore a mask until a few weeks ago? Doctors, nurses, construction workers, et al??

Were doctors, nurses, and construction workers wearing handmade cloth masks before? I was very much under the impression they were wearing medical grade masks. I know I can’t replace the surgeon masks we occasionally use at work with cloth masks because the cloth masks aren’t considered proper PPE.

(I’m not anti-mask, I’m just pointing out that there are differences between what they wear- or at least should be wearing, if there weren’t shortages- versus what every other person is wearing currently, and it is foolish to think they are the same thing and provide the same level of protection.)

OP, it may help to look into any medical studies that involve those who wear face coverings for religious purposes. I haven’t read any, but now I’m kind of curious and may look into it...

Maybe someone can help me out but last week when I wore my mask for my infusion which all total is about an hour to an hour and a half, I noticed what I'm calling a "mask" rash when I took it off when I got in my car. The rash went away in a little while but it was kind of creepy. I've been wearing a blue dust mask (not cloth) every week when I go to the hospital and this was the first time my whole face under the mask broke out in a rash???
I cant help with your specific issue but I can say I am definitely flushed under the covering and my temperature rises when I am wearing a covering indoors for more than an hour. I was at an appointment last week and they did my temp on the way in and the way out and there was a 1.5 degree difference, I am usually pretty steady.

I have an infusion tomorrow afternoon and I was wondering if they were going to make me wear a covering or not because of the possible artificially higher temperature. I guess that you were asked to wear one likely answers my question. At least I am usually cold for my infusion so hopefully that will make it more comfortable. I started having reactions (breathing issues) and had to switch infusion meds recently so I am a little panicky anyway. Ugh so not looking forward to tomorrow, which is great for my stress levels.

You could be sensitive to something in the mask or the moisture is just irritating your skin. Two things you could try are wearing a different mask and/or putting some type of barrier cream on the skin covered by the mask so the moisture doesn't bother you.

I cant help with your specific issue but I can say I am definitely flushed under the covering and my temperature rises when I am wearing a covering indoors for more than an hour. I was at an appointment last week and they did my temp on the way in and the way out and there was a 1.5 degree difference, I am usually pretty steady.

I have an infusion tomorrow afternoon and I was wondering if they were going to make me wear a covering or not because of the possible artificially higher temperature. I guess that you were asked to wear one likely answers my question. At least I am usually cold for my infusion so hopefully that will make it more comfortable. I started having reactions (breathing issues) and had to switch infusion meds recently so I am a little panicky anyway. Ugh so not looking forward to tomorrow, which is great for my stress levels.

Good luck to you Monkeydawn. :hug:

And yes, at my hospital I am expected to wear a mask at all times. I might ask my Infusion nurse this Wednesday if I can slip it off once they hook me all up for the 20-25 minute infusion.

It boggles my mind that people are worried about wearing a mask. If wearing a mask made of just regular cloth caused health issues, would millions of people in Japan, South Korea, and other countries wear them often times as not only for health, but as a fashion accessory as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter