Kayak or canoe rental

mel&me

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Can anyone tell me if they are renting Kayak's or canoe's at Fort Wilderness.
Going to be there next week.
Last time I was there they were not doing any rentals

I was last there in February and I want to say they were doing rentals, but I can't say for certain...sorry.

We have done kayak and canoe rentals on several visits over the past few years- sometimes during months with less rainfall the canal levels will be too low and they won’t be renting them out for that reason.

Thanks for the info. guess I will just see when I am there.
Not a big deal to me but the wife really wants to do it.

Apparently a fire ban was issued for Disney guests to not burn open fires because we haven’t had any rain .
I think we have had red flag warnings or alerts , recently issued by the fire department.
Anybody staying at Fort Wilderness with more info?
The fire ban was in effect on Monday when we left. Water levels in the canals was noticeably lower. However, we did get rain on Saturday and Sunday night so hopefully it starts normalizing soon. There was still a fire at the sing a long for smores!

We were there last June and rented 2 canoes. It was a lot of fun. Hopefully you get to enjoy it!

We were able to canoes and kayaks in April of 2022 The first day we tried to rent them all water activities were cancelled due to 'wildlife in the area'. They were having difficulty with an alligator. Two days later we were able to rent canoes and kayaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter