keeping camera dry

eyeores mom

Earning My Ears
any ideas on how to keep a camera dry in a back pack. im thinking of using freezer ziplock bags. does anyone have any experience with these?

I'm planning on freezer ziploc bags too. I hope someone will let us know if that's going to be OK.

i bought camp dry and sprayed it on my bags to make them waterproof. worked like a dream. it was less than $5 and can be found in the shoe department or camping department of walmart. just an idea!

In '99 when I went on Splash Mountain, I had my camera in my fanny pack. I got soaked on SM so much so that I went into the bathroom and took of shirt and shorts to ring out water. my camera never got wet.

In Animal Kingdom, on the raft ride, they have a center area of the raft to put bags into, and I did put my fanny pack in there. It stayed dried. No problem.

Ziplock bags for your camera, weither storage or freezer should work fine. I use the to store everything in my fridge, and have never had a problem. (even when the fridge broke and left puddles, the bags floated)

I think the ziplock bags are a great idea, but on the AK river rapids ride, don't always think that the center spot will work. We went on the ride and another lady in our raft put her huge backpack on top of our stuff which caused the flap to stay open. Luckily we got it closed enough for our stuff to not get soaked.

We used ziplock bags & had no problems. It also keeps the stuff in the backpack from getting into the camera - like cracker crumbs. An added benefit if you are travelling in warm weather, If you keep your camera in the ziplock while in the air condition, it keeps the condensation down when you go to use it in the hot weather. We actually thought that our 2 month old camcorder was a lemon last summer. If we tried to tape within a few minutes of hitting the heat, the tape would be "eaten" by the cam (not to mention the fogged view finder). Once we started the baggie thing, we never had that problem again.l

My wife and I always use a Ziploc and have never had a problem. It works great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter