Key West sunset & dinner

Hey, you ever see the movie 'City Slickers' ? One of the big lines for Jack Palance in it is telling Billy Crystal he needs to 'Find one thing' and he'll be happy with his life and that's all he'll say on it. I have found that one thing, for me it's mecahnics of any sort. I am a total hardware person and really always look at any piece of machinery as the collection of the parts it is. Just an innate thing to me. I know that last reply was probably more than you ever wanted to know about fridges. :P

Having vacationed in KYW every summer for about the last 20 yrs I can say from experience, that I have seen few sunsets that are so beautiful.

Now, the island (sunset Key) that sits in front of Mallory Sq in KWY harbour, has been built up in the last few years and can create an obstruction if watching the sunset from the pier.

my DD enjoys the sunset celebration at Mallory Sq so she insisted on being off the Magic on our 8/16 cruise.

I do believe we would have had a spectacular view from either deck 9 or our verandah, and it would not have beenn partially obstructed by Sunset Key.

Next time we will be on the ship.

As for the ship blowing her horn at sundown, that is what got my daughter interested in cruising on the Magic.

Summer of 2002 we were in KYW and visiting Mallory SQ on the night the Magic was in port and at sunset when she sounded her horn our DD's eyes sparkled and she began the slow torture of asking for a trip.

That torture didn't end until we finally booked the cruise in 4/03....then the count down torture began!!!!!

So, go and enjoy the sunset and the night life on Mallory's SQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter